It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Wow, is this the start of a "National Anthem Rebelion!?"

Now will entertainers be label terrorists because they get creative on the mic??

If this goverment can change the lyrics of our beloved Constitution... and illegally overide the major issues of the people... Why can't someone change the N.A.?? ------ It's all legal right??

Why get red in the face, the song is only 1 minute long... then you clap, sit and eat your popcorn like, shee...I mean robots.

Does'nt this fall under freedom of speach?? or does it fall under freedom to get pissed off if you dare sing another version??

We've sold out and outsourced our souls to China and India, why not sell our rally call?? Bush would do it in a heart beat if there was oil attached.

Don't let a simple song derail you from the real culprit --- 'A PARANOID AMERICA!'

When the hispanic population reaches 70% in this country it will be - "Ole say can you cinco de mayo..." What people need to be yelling is - "Ole say can you help us try Bush for war crimes." Now that's tangable and a bit off topic... but is it??

What's in a song anyway... what... publishers in the crowd can't turn a royalty to pay tax to the federal reserve??

The ultra-patriots are taking this too serious.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
That is a very beautiful and moving song ......

But it wasn't the one that was supposed to be sung.
She deceived everyone. Her excuse was lame.

To the OP - I'm sure this wasn't a 'democrat' thing.
It was just a 'stupid' thing.

To the singer - Next time just sing the real National Anthem.
Quit being so self-segregating and in-your-face.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
To the singer - Next time just sing the real National Anthem.
Quit being so self-segregating and in-your-face.

Sometimes in your face is the only way to get a point across. Some people won't listen unless you smack them across the face with it. That's when it forces discussion. That's when it forces people talk about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

We've been discussing, writing songs and books about it, having movies about it, electing people of color to office, giving them priority for jobs, education and benefits, making them movie stars, vocal stars, etc. the Line is blurred, but someone wants to keep redrawing it.

Wounds don't heal if they keep getting picked at. Right when it appears as if everything's going to be okay, something like this happens and not only reopens the wound but pours salt in it to boot.

It's bad politics.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Sometimes in your face is the only way to get a point across.

Sure. But not in this case.

She was hired to sing a certain song. The National Anthem. She didn't do what she promised she'd do. AND .. there is no 'point to get across'. She was just supposed to be singing the National Anthem for a small political gathering.

She pulled a fast one and got nailed for it. Rightly so.

The only points she got across are that she is unreliable to hire as a singer, she's self-segregating, and that she doesn't know what the National Anthem of our country is.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think I know what you're talking about, but it meant something different to me. As I stated before in the thread, it made me feel like our anthem should be something that doesn't glorify our military might and destructive ability glowing over a nationalist (almost fascist) symbol.

It makes me feel that I, as a citizen, should have a more local view of helping those in need around me, and of hope, and of building a better life. Certainly not war.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
Black national anthem? Do black people have their own country here in the U.S.? Black people seem to forget that they came to the U.S. as slaves mostly because other black people sold them off as slaves back in Africa. Everyone one earth has been a slave to another nation at one point or other, get over it already. It doesn't matter either way, the Spanish have taken over the U.S., anyone ever notice how many Spanish speaking channels there are on regular tv? Nothing personal against black or hispanic people, I hate the entire human race.

Yeah, the right thing to do, since they seem to like Africa so much, is to dump the lot in the Dark Continent, see how they like it if they have to live there.
Unfortunately, due to the infinite stupidity of many Americans, be they white, black, yellow, hispanic or native, they, the "African-Americans", whatever that is, are probably going to come to power. I bet I've been to Africa more times then this bigots, and in the end we have all come from somewhere, if we check our facts correctly we can all claim to be African-Americans, or African-Europeans or African-Asians...

What people in the USA don't seem to realize, hope we don't pay the price for their blindness, is that blacks are the major racist group in American. I'm do not want to generalize, yes there are many patriotic black people, there are many Americans that happen to have darker skin then others, but if someone tells you he is African-American then he is most likely a racist bigot.

The slave trade was in fact, as you have stated, perpetrated by Africans on other Africans, and it is still going on. African slaves are right now being sold ,by other Africans, to, mainly, the Gulf States (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman etc). So, get over it and be American, or else go back to your precious Africa and leave the rest of us in peace, our crime rate would be much obliged.

As a person that has traveled thought Africa, and who has many family members living there, I am offended by these so called African-Americans that have never been to Africa and know as much about their so-called roots as a snail.

Want to turn the USA into a Third World Country? There is a Candidate for you out there...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

War is how it became what it is. In fact, war is how every nation on the planet, became what they are. Nobody holds the high road on this topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yep, but never claimed to. Just saying that different people are interpreting her song in different ways. To immediately jump to race as the issue is more of a symptom of the critic's point of view than the artists.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

i'm going to assume that you're assuming what their assumptions are
and they are assuming what her assumptions are.

something's wrong with this train of thought.

anyway, if nothing else, they shouldn't have put it on the news and made a big deal out of it. the only thing it appears to be doing is dividing people along racial lines which basically mangles the previous efforts of instilling common sense and equality.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please don't judge all Black people from the actions of one or a few idiots. No one speaks for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here is the Posts of Posts, that will put your mind to rest regarding this topic:

As a Black person, I will confirm for some of you that yes, there are A LOT of racist black people. But don't get upset, because if you only knew what the anger and bitterness has done to these people, you would already feel vidicated.

There are some Black people that are so angry, that they cannot see outside of their own race. They will deny anything proper or sensical if it seems like it comes from a culture not their own. This has limited them, and has prevented them from being human beings.

I have seen the damage first hand. I see it every day when I walk through the streets of my neighborhood. I see depressed people. I see people with no hope...And I am not saying that these people have been victimized by others. A lot of them have been...But that victimization is in no way comparable to the damage that they inflict on themselves by not choosing to love everyone in the world, and to learn from the world and respect it.

There are a lot of Black people who do not feel the way the singer in the video does. But sadly, these people are silent. They are silent because of fear of rejection and alienation. There are black people who fear their own people. They fear the social condemnation not to mention the actual physical fear. We have a lot of mistrust in our own culture.

So don't get to upset at all when you see videos like this. These types that you see in the YouTube video are slowly becoming extinct...Because no one wants to be around them.

I could never imagine myself marrying or making love to an angry woman, a woman who is racist...To me, a woman like that loses all of her woman-hood.

The fight is more complex than you think. In every culture, there is the good and the bad. The good will come together, and build The World Of Tomorrow.

The future belongs to the New Generations.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Dang eh? This opened up the world for a fight. I mean have any of you read all the posts? What a mess is happening here right now.

First of all racism is alive and living in North America, I've seen it, it's ugly. It will be around for some time, but it is being created by both the bigots and the supposed victims. As long as different races continue to see themselves as victims they are. Many of us are guilty of this. I don't know of a race yet that hasn't screamed "victim here, victim here". That includes the caucasians.

See I have heard Barack, Chris Rock and Oprah refer to the caucasians as "Whites", and in the same sentence refer to Blacks as "Afro Americans". Now what I think is if Blacks are "Afro Americans" then whites are "Caucasians". Am I wrong about this? As long as we identify ourselves by our color then we separate ourselves from each other. I don't care what color anyone is.

The fact is, a goof, idiot, jerk, pain in the butt, person comes in all colors, not any one color.

As long as anyone lives in the past, regardless of the situation, no one moves forward. That's why so many people don't get anywhere in life. The same is true of poverty, riches, abuse, drugs, alcohol.. etc.. Not just people of different colors. Aren't we getting wrapped up in a nightmare by believing we are our labels?

The fact is, the woman changed the program of her own volition. It was not in the program for that song to be sung. Doing so she created a situation that will probably require her to apologize to the whole country, because we are small minded. Yes the song is important, and she should have stuck to plans. She needs to apologize for singing a different song, who cares what song she sang.

And just for a laugh, maybe she didn't sing a different song because she was black, maybe it was a woman thing... lolololol

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Sorry but listening to her talk, FULL of rage and hatred, just made me sick... She's a disgrace!

Naturally she's NOT going to have this implemented... but then if Obamanation becomes the next President... you might have to start learning the lyrics...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Obama is not in the same class as that woman. Plus, don't forget that Obama is half White.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Here is the Posts of Posts, that will put your mind to rest regarding this topic:

I have seen the damage first hand. I see it every day when I walk through the streets of my neighborhood. I see depressed people. I see people with no hope...And I am not saying that these people have been victimized by others. A lot of them have been...But that victimization is in no way comparable to the damage that they inflict on themselves by not choosing to love everyone in the world, and to learn from the world and respect it.

...because of fear of rejection and alienation. There are black people who fear their own people. They fear the social condemnation not to mention the actual physical fear. We have a lot of mistrust in our own culture.

Exactly what I was saying... as long as you believe you are a victim you are. Nobody has any greater or less chance than me. Goodness, that makes me a poor white woman, who was abused, and who's mother was abused, and now I am depressed cause she was depressed etc... I could go on forever. The choice of changing my life is up to me. It is up to each one of us. If I were to think of how hard my ancestors had it all the time I would get no where, ever. If I am to fight a battle, to have a better life, it is my battle and no on elses.

Thank goodness my sons were not brought up with this thinking. I won't even go into my ancestry cause it is what we do in the now that counts. We, all of us, have to quit living in the past.

And shoot, poverty and pain are NOT restricted to a certain brand of people. I see it all over the place.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I suppose I could come up with an American Indian Anthem, then Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Yugoslavian, Russian, Persian, Ukrainian, Checkoslavakian, Israele, , You name it... I can write it!

I never knew that the National Anthem was a color based song?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

You're right... I'm just upset about this. Black Panthers in the UK are cropping up left and right... Racism is just getting out of control.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Let the African-American culture sing their anthem. Of course, I guess this will change what the NHL games are like. Imagine the NFL and other stupid American sports though!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

They may see signs of imminent social collapse. Your anger may be your subconscious just warning you to stay safe. The UK needs to nip that Black Panther stuff in the bud as soon as possible.

Gangs, mafias and fringe groups always have a sixth-sense regarding opportunities to gain power. They are like packs of stray dogs. This might help to explain why the goverment in the US is creating prison camps, to protect order and civility from criminal groups.

I know that in my neighborhood, when the crap goes down, I will have to flee my apartment a little earlier than most. Once they realize that there will be no money, and no food, they are going to come after the ones they feel have the most money, or the food.

Regarding Obama, I think that he was specifically chosen, either by Man or Fate, to lead the people of America through the troubled time that is now inevitable. There hasn't been a figure more unifying in America since JFK, and we may need Obama now more than ever.

But the last thing we need is racial tension. We have about two to three weeks left before the really bad economic events start to occur, right? If their is racial divide in the US and the UK, it will most assuredly cause the demise of both nations.

I just want to let you know that there are Black people who care.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join