It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
.....correction...I AM a bigot, I hate racists and racism in all forms...

this is not a one line post as I hate and am bigoted against them...

thank you....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This place really is full of racist, ignorant, FEARFUL people. One singer constitutes an assault on our nation? What about Neo-Nazi PARADES in Texas and Ohio? They have right of assembly (because of the great nation we live in) and so HUNDREDS of these sick people can march down the street and praise Hitler, and we allow it, because that's their right. But I don't hear that being called a 'Mockery' or an 'Assault' on our nation... but one black singer is? What is wrong with you people? I'm serious, what is WRONG with you? There are people on here suggesting that Africans are to BLAME for the slave trade! The old "Well, they went along with it, therefore they had it coming, and well, they should get over it." Just like any Jews who were stupid enough to get on the boxcars should have known better, right? You people make me sick.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If i was to sing the National Anthem and all of a sudden i started to fell horney i should just start to sing my ding a ling. So it all comes down to this the National Anthem should be whats on your agenda at the time so just wing it....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
10 pages of arguement of something done and over with...not much to say but I want to address one single statement of all that I read:

Originally posted by TKainZero

Is whoever trying to claim there is a soverign nation INSIDE america?

There are several soverign nations INSIDE America.

A very long list of them in fact.

I myself am part Cherokee by birth, yet since I don't know if any relative is on the Dawes List I am not a part of the Cherokee Nation yet I will relate a story of my youth.

It was 1977 and I was six years old and one of the places we visited on vacation was the Cherokee park in the Great Smokey Mountians. Now this was the first time I had met a "real indian". He was dressed in traditional clothes and was about 50-55 years old. I was sceptical and standoffish because I didn't think he was a real indian and said so very clearly. It embarrassed Dad to death I am sure. he tried to laugh it off as me being young and a little afraid of a stranger. I said I wasn't which made the man very curious as to why I felt he wasn't an indian and he asked me to explain myself. So I had him strecth out hs arms palm upwards on one arm and palm downwards on the other while I did the same. And pointed out that other than being slightly more red than my own coloration that we were exactly the same. His facial features and my own were very much the same with high cheekbones and narrow eyeslits.

The man looked dirrectly at my mom, studied her for a bit and said that I was right. That there was very little difference between us. Then he bent down put his hand on my shoulder and whispered to me that he was indeed a real 100% Cherokee and that I would one day learn that I was part Cherokee too. That when I was older it would matter to me and that I would always have a home so long as I stayed strong in my belief that we are all the same.

At six those words didn't mean much to me but at 37 I can say that he was a very wise and educated man that made a strong impression at an early age. Which makes me wonder if he foresaw this mess our country is now and was a message that I could apply to become a member of the tribe...which is surprising considering that 1977 was not too far removed from the incident at Wounded Knee and the short takeover of Alcatraz Island.

Needless to say, despite his situation in the world at least he was able to go home and share a laugh that night because a mixed kid said he wasn't a real indian. And if so perhaps I made an impression as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This lady showed ball-loads of audacity. I dig that.

That so many are "offended" by those who refuse to fall in lockstep with social expectancies is both hilarious and disturbing. Especially in this country.

You self-proclaimed patriots are offended because you choose to be offended.

You verbally defend the anthem yet your collective ramblings serve only to illustrate a profound ignorance of the anthem's true meaning. Soldiers and patriots don't die for the anthem. They don't die for the flag. They die for the freedom these things represent. That freedom includes the freedom to break with social norms, the freedom to burn the flag, and the freedom to sing whatever one wants whenever one chooses. You're confusing the symbol for the real ideal.

By demanding this woman conform to your expectations, you're pissing all over the blood of true patriots who died for her right to be audacious. I suspect that on some level you resent her ability to be more free than you'll ever allow yourselves to be.

So go ahead and writhe in the anguish of your dissatisfaction. The limited expressions of your child-minds are sad, yet amusing.

[edit on 7/4/08 by shaell]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

i agree with you i dont see this as a big deal, i think that this is such a non issue like firstly its over with and all she did was slightly change the words yet it gains attention as she had done something that actually mattered and affected people

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by undo

Yep, but never claimed to. Just saying that different people are interpreting her song in different ways. To immediately jump to race as the issue is more of a symptom of the critic's point of view than the artists.

Think so? Remember when OJ was declared innocent? What did they do?
If, when, a white men kills his wife "whites" don't celebrate if he is found not guilty. Any American, whatever color his skin happens to be, should demand justice not celebrate the release of a killer just because of his skin color. They, the idiotic and stupid people with dark skin, not only celebrated his release, they rioted, pillaged attacked whites and Hispanics and turned LA into a combat zone.
So, due to their historical behavior, this has everything to do with race. She did not sing that song innocently just as the Black Panthers, The Black Power and other radical organizations do not do things innocently. Whether people like it or not we are in the middle of a race war in the USA. Just because in this Brave New World of Political Correctness we, the people, can't call it by it's name doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If they win the White House you can multiply the reaction to OJ's trial by a thousand or more, every major city in the USA, at least the Inner City zones, will burn...

I would like to say that I do not include all black Americans in this turmoil, not even the majority. They are the most affected, in their lives and careers, by a Radical African-American minority that tarnish all hard working black Americans. They are as dangerous, and venomous, as the KKK, the Aryan Nations or the American Nazi Party. They have an agenda and are going to try and turn what could be a reason for unity and the end of racial tensions into a revenge parade.

They are a very small minority but, as we have seen in England with soccer, it only take a couple of individuals to tarnish a whole community. Those radical individuals are increasingly sharpening their fangs and coming out of the closet. As the election grows nearer you can increasingly see their contempt for this great country: not singing the National Anthem, when that is what they are there for; refusing to stand for the National Anthem at sports events, and the list goes on and on...

So, this has everything to do with race. "White America" proved to have thrown their bigotry into the past, in electing a black Democratic Candidate. Let us see if "Black Radical American" can through their racism against whites and Hispanics out the door. From what I have been seeing that will not happen, the ones most affected will be, like always, the hard working black Americans that pay the price for a small number of individuals that have no place in an organized, peaceful, multicultural society.

As for me, I'll be ready and whiling to give them their just reward: a full metal jacked...They do like their bling...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Wow. The politics of race are running rampant in the US right now huh?

Its amazing what crawls out of the woodwork.

Sorry but I read this thread as racially motivated garbage. Shes black, he's black, so there must be a connection right? Hey "they're all the same", right?

Rubbish. Absolute and utter crap.

I havent seen ANYTHING to make me belive that Obama or Obama wife, or ANY of Obamas friends do not disagree with this.

And yet you posted it, deliberately, to make the connection. Why?

Says alot.

thank you so very much for speaking up - and to answer your question - YES the politics of race are rampant at the moment...some folk are so identified with their skin color that they take it as a personal affront when you mention the history of slavery, the continuing struggle to "equalize", the difficulties black people face in their communities, the inequities and corruption of the justice system - makes it very hard to have a discussion as folk get extremely nasty, sarcastic, caustic and call you racist for even suggesting that there is a problem....then they put up threads like this...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Here is the Posts of Posts, that will put your mind to rest regarding this topic:

As a Black person, I will confirm for some of you that yes, there are A LOT of racist black people. But don't get upset, because if you only knew what the anger and bitterness has done to these people, you would already feel vidicated.

There are some Black people that are so angry, that they cannot see outside of their own race. They will deny anything proper or sensical if it seems like it comes from a culture not their own. This has limited them, and has prevented them from being human beings.

I have seen the damage first hand. I see it every day when I walk through the streets of my neighborhood. I see depressed people. I see people with no hope...And I am not saying that these people have been victimized by others. A lot of them have been...But that victimization is in no way comparable to the damage that they inflict on themselves by not choosing to love everyone in the world, and to learn from the world and respect it.

There are a lot of Black people who do not feel the way the singer in the video does. But sadly, these people are silent. They are silent because of fear of rejection and alienation. There are black people who fear their own people. They fear the social condemnation not to mention the actual physical fear. We have a lot of mistrust in our own culture.

So don't get to upset at all when you see videos like this. These types that you see in the YouTube video are slowly becoming extinct...Because no one wants to be around them.

I could never imagine myself marrying or making love to an angry woman, a woman who is racist...To me, a woman like that loses all of her woman-hood.

The fight is more complex than you think. In every culture, there is the good and the bad. The good will come together, and build The World Of Tomorrow.

The future belongs to the New Generations.

Great Post...

I sincerely hope you are right but fear you are not. I totally agree with the Silent Majority, of hard working, respectful and honest people you refer to, but their silence his a sword hanging over another generation. What I'm worried about is the backlash that a minority of idiots can, and probably want to, provoke. I don't want to live another 10, 20, 30 years in a "Black America" vs. the rest of America. America is America, American are Americans, that is how it should be, the particular tone of each one's skin shouldn't even be an afterthought...

Unfortunately, as you know, there are minorities, on every side, that don't want this to happen. They want tension, they want blood, they want war. The Silent Majority, in keeping silent, are being used as shields by these radicals, most of them no more then common criminals, that have nothing to lose and that destroy entire communities.

It is time, now more then ever before, for the Silent Majority to do to their radicals what we did to the KKK and other such organizations and individuals, flush them down the toilet like the pieces of [SNIP] that they are, but above all flush them out of the communities so that another generation isn't lost and poisoned !

Mod Edit: Removed Censor Circumvention

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I suppose I could come up with an American Indian Anthem, then Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Yugoslavian, Russian, Persian, Ukrainian, Checkoslavakian, Israele, , You name it... I can write it!

I never knew that the National Anthem was a color based song?

Could you write an Alien-American Anthem, we are here and we have rights too!!! (By Alien I mean little green...errr gray, purple...; #, just can't get out of this color thing.)

Great post.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Dang eh? This opened up the world for a fight. I mean have any of you read all the posts? What a mess is happening here right now.

First of all racism is alive and living in North America, I've seen it, it's ugly. It will be around for some time, but it is being created by both the bigots and the supposed victims. As long as different races continue to see themselves as victims they are. Many of us are guilty of this. I don't know of a race yet that hasn't screamed "victim here, victim here". That includes the caucasians.

See I have heard Barack, Chris Rock and Oprah refer to the caucasians as "Whites", and in the same sentence refer to Blacks as "Afro Americans". Now what I think is if Blacks are "Afro Americans" then whites are "Caucasians". Am I wrong about this? As long as we identify ourselves by our color then we separate ourselves from each other. I don't care what color anyone is.

The fact is, a goof, idiot, jerk, pain in the butt, person comes in all colors, not any one color.

As long as anyone lives in the past, regardless of the situation, no one moves forward. That's why so many people don't get anywhere in life. The same is true of poverty, riches, abuse, drugs, alcohol.. etc.. Not just people of different colors. Aren't we getting wrapped up in a nightmare by believing we are our labels?

The fact is, the woman changed the program of her own volition. It was not in the program for that song to be sung. Doing so she created a situation that will probably require her to apologize to the whole country, because we are small minded. Yes the song is important, and she should have stuck to plans. She needs to apologize for singing a different song, who cares what song she sang.

And just for a laugh, maybe she didn't sing a different song because she was black, maybe it was a woman thing... lolololol

Talking about women, I am sure you do not have to be reminded that they have been the most exploited, tortured, abused, enslaved beings on this planet. Just a reminder that colors don't have the monopoly of abuse.

Another reminder is the example women could, and should, be to everyone that feels oppressed or excluded. What we, men, did to women for centuries is far worse then what one race has done to any other...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Is everyone on here completely ignorant? A person living in America is perfectly entitled to sing their own version of the National Anthem, its called FREEDOM get used to it.

Better watch who you call ignorant dalan. Glass houses and all ....

NO ... she was NOT entitled to sing her own version of a completely different song then the National Anthem. She was hired to do a job. Her job was to sing the official National Anthem. She was 'in your face' and did her own thing.

When you are hired to do a certain job then you do THAT job.
She was completely in error.
'Get used to it' - (to use YOUR words)

What that woman did is a greater act of freedom as opposed to just singing what everyone wants you to sing.

No. It was a breach of contract (doesnt' matter if it was verbal or written).

Making up your own anthem shows more respect for America

Uh .. no. It just shows a lack of respect for those she contracted with to sing the official National Anthem. It shows a lack of respect for her fellow Americans.

as opposed to making a big deal about some woman practicing her freedoms... by singing what pleases her.

She can sing whatever pleases her while she's in the shower but NOT while under contract and obligation to sing a certain song for a certain occasion.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
There are people on here suggesting that Africans are to BLAME for the slave trade!

Take a history class. Africans ARE also to blame for the African slave trade. In fact, Africans still practice slavery of fellow Africans to this very day. (and in large numbers) Slavery ... blacks selling blacks in Africa .. is alive and well. It's alive and well and .. guess what ... no Americans or Europeans are buying them. It's only Africans buying them.

Kinda kills any discussion of entirely blaming African slave trading on Euros or Americans, doesn't it?

You people make me sick.

Then go play elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Plus, don't forget that Obama is half White.

Every time I hear this I get a little more annoyed. And this is in general, and not specifically in the context in which windwaker meant it. But I don't understand how this matters in any way. He had a multiracial family. His sister is half Asian! Because he's half white doesn't mean that in school, when the *N*word (
) was thrown around it didn't make him angry and isolated. It doesn't mean that when racist joke was brought up, he'd laugh and say "oh it's ok, I'm half white"?

He still recognizes the disconnect between races, and apparently by trying to discuss them he's causing the division. Well, to put it plainly, that's what happens! People are forced to bring their real feelings about race and racial division to the surface, where it can be confronted and changed, rather than swept under the rug and ignored, only to fester. That aside....

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

I was in class, by brother and sisters were in class. My neighbors didn't 'celebrate and riot'.

So, due to their historical behavior, this has everything to do with race. She did not sing that song innocently just as the Black Panthers, The Black Power and other radical organizations do not do things innocently. Whether people like it or not we are in the middle of a race war in the USA.

There were plenty of white members of the Black Panthers. They were a group dedicated the the equality of the races in the 60s and 70s, during their particularly militant phase. That militant ideal was meant to counter the military presence in Vietnam and at anti-war rallies stateside. Remember Kent State?

It was probably one of the most patriotic, rather than blindly nationalist groups in recent history. They acknowledged their right to bear arms, to peaceably assemble, to speak freely and to distribute their literature to those who didn't know what was going on. Their message was never 'kill whitey'. The message was that there was a distinct class, rights and opportunity divide in the US and that they were going to be heard. Their message was equality by any means necessary.

If they win the White House you can multiply the reaction to OJ's trial by a thousand or more, every major city in the USA, at least the Inner City zones, will burn...

So, if a black man is president, our nation will burn? Think that's a bit much? Especially for someone who in the next paragraph will say (almost in a too PC manner) that it's not all blacks, but just a small minority of the minority.

I would like to say that I do not include all black Americans in this turmoil, not even the majority.

They are a very small minority but, as we have seen in England with soccer, it only take a couple of individuals to tarnish a whole community.

Hmmm, then let me think of a group that might be the most tarnished at this point. But don't worry, I don't hold it against you.

Those radical individuals are increasingly sharpening their fangs and coming out of the closet. As the election grows nearer you can increasingly see their contempt for this great country: not singing the National Anthem, when that is what they are there for; refusing to stand for the National Anthem at sports events, and the list goes on and on...

Is that the most radical you've got? Sitting when a song is playing? Not singing along?

So, this has everything to do with race. "White America" proved to have thrown their bigotry into the past, in electing a black Democratic Candidate.

Thanks for throwing them a bone.
By segregating yourself btw (i.e. White America vs. America) you show your slip a bit. But again, I won't hold it against ya.

I have been seeing that will not happen, the ones most affected will be, like always, the hard working black Americans that pay the price for a small number of individuals that have no place in an organized, peaceful, multicultural society.

As for me, I'll be ready and whiling to give them their just reward: a full metal jacked...They do like their bling...

So, in response to this woman singing a different song than she had agreed to sing, you're going to go out and 'bust a cap' in black people? Is that how the hard working black Americans are going to be 'most affected' by this race war?

People!!!

She sang a different song than she agreed to. She's an artist. She does wacky things like that when trying to make a point. Hell, you should live in any city that has an art school, you'll see crap like this every week! Get over it! It's not the beginning, middle or end of a race war. It's just an artist being an artist, trying to make a point, and as of yet, I'm not sure we can all agree on what the point was, or could have been.

Also note, in all of the news stories this has been on, it's identified as:

The Black National Anthem vs. The Star Spangled Banner.

A title like that is bound to get people's blood boiling and is divisive unto itself. So, my suggestion for ending this so called 'race war' is to stop buying into the garbage being spewed at us by these people in the media. We know they have no scruples. They'll do anything to get a bigger better story out of something that's no big deal. Even play the race card.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
,Wrong button at the wrong place.

Sorry about that.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Phew!!....thanks for putting things into perspective...excellent post....yeah I think we have a little storm in a media tea-cup here that doesn't amount to anything except folk allowing themselves to be whipped up to a nice latte frothiness...
sigh.......

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this thread has wandered all over so I typed up comments while reading ALL 10 pages before posting.
>>====>
For the foreigners to understand;
our National Anthem?
A tale about one battle during England's attempt to reconquor their former colony.
It speaks to US of our struggle for Freedom from tyranny.
==
America is being split into two nations by black and white bigots.
White bigots are a tiny minority but black bigots have taken center stage with the Obama campaign pushing race and charging all critics with being secretly or overtly racist.
==
The woman who sang the other song INSTEAD of our National Anthem?

She should have been booed offstage!

She made a racist statement with her song.
==
Link to Democrats is inexcusable.
Linking to Ted Bundy?
Ted Bundy was a Republican!
Link mass murder to Republicans and you get Iraq attacked twice when it was no threat to USA.
Afghanistan and Iraq invaded when it was Saudis involved in 9/11.
Yep! Mass murder and Republicans DO link!
==
I've been carried on a stretcher with my intestines in my hands.
Thought I was dying, but got to an Army doctor in time.

No thought of music of any kind nor of patriotism.
Was cursing myself for having enlisted and volunteered.
==
BLACK
My ancestors?
'American mixed breed' like anyone else whose family is not severely inbred.
Four of my ancestors fought for the North during the rebellion. None owned slaves.
Two of my great-grandmothers (and the sister of one) explained that
our Cherokee ancestry was something to be ashamed of back in the 1800's but 'black' blood was quite common back then.
Told me it was because so many light skinned blacks 'passed' for white, that MOST Americans have black ancestors.
==
FLAG
That flag people mistakenly call "the Confederate Flag" is NOT a Confederate "battle" flag at all.
It most closely resembles the Battle Flag used in the Army of Tennessee from late 1863 to 1865,
but is different in details.
www.confederateflags.org...

That flag people mistakenly call "the Confederate Flag" is the 1863 Confederate Navy JACK which never flew on land!
>A jack is a small flag flown at the bow of a ship. It is not flown while the ship is at sea, but only when at port, or while entering or leaving a port. The staff from which a jack is flown is often removed when the ship is underway. It is said that this was to keep it clear of the forward field of fire in combat.
By tradition inherited from the Royal Navy, the jack of the US Navy is the union of the ensign. The CS Navy carried forward this tradition. Therefore, the 1863 jack was a rectangular version of the battleflag canton of the ensign. The 1863 jack, as a result, is similar in design to the Battle Flag used in the Army of Tennessee from late 1863 to 1865.<

There was a similar 'Confederate battle flag' but it was square like a postage stamp:

The Confederate National flag with 'stars and bars' was not a cross of stars but a circle:

Making the small naval jack into a large flag..
(and falsely calling it 'the Confederate Flag')...is successful KLAN propaganda!
==
Houston TX, back in the 1970's: A curious black co-worker got two mail-order KKK membership applications.
He and a black friend both mailed in their applications with fees and got robes and literature in mail.
At a big televised Klan rally (East TX) everyone newly sworn-in then took off their hoods.
There were those two smiling black faces, Klan members!
reveling in the TV cameras's focusing on them,
while frustrated white bigots cursed the TV cameras.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think I speak for 99% of normal Americans when I say who gives a Sh@@ I mean really. One nut bag uses the first opportunity she gets to make an ass out of herself and its supposed to be indicative of the entire democratic party or Barack Obama, why because there both black. Here's what drives me nuts about you right wing nut bags, you got a war in Iraq, massive poverty and financial crisis in the U.S and millions with no health care but do you care about that no. This story is the greatest injustice to you people because it gives you a chance to puff out your chest and show how "Patriotic" you are. I don't like people messing with the national anthem but i understand these people are part of a small group that are crazy and don't matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

I was in class, by brother and sisters were in class. My neighbors didn't 'celebrate and riot'.

I never said every black person in the USA celebrated or rioted, by "they" I mean the radical elements in the black community, as the rest of my posts clearly state.

So, due to their historical behavior, this has everything to do with race. She did not sing that song innocently just as the Black Panthers, The Black Power and other radical organizations do not do things innocently. Whether people like it or not we are in the middle of a race war in the USA.

There were plenty of white members of the Black Panthers. They were a group dedicated the the equality of the races in the 60s and 70s, during their particularly militant phase. That militant ideal was meant to counter the military presence in Vietnam and at anti-war rallies stateside. Remember Kent State?

It was probably one of the most patriotic, rather than blindly nationalist groups in recent history. They acknowledged their right to bear arms, to peaceably assemble, to speak freely and to distribute their literature to those who didn't know what was going on. Their message was never 'kill whitey'. The message was that there was a distinct class, rights and opportunity divide in the US and that they were going to be heard. Their message was equality by any means necessary.

I was not referring to the Historical Roots of the Black Panther Party, I was referring to the fringe radical elements that transformed that party into a racist political movement that even, today, even demand an Independent Black Nation within the borders of the USA. I was also referring to the Black Israelites and other radical spawns of the BPP that do not recognize the USA as their country...

So, if a black man is president, our nation will burn? Think that's a bit much? Especially for someone who in the next paragraph will say (almost in a too PC manner) that it's not all blacks, but just a small minority of the minority.

No PC intended, I always mean what I say and say what I mean.

I would like to say that I do not include all black Americans in this turmoil, not even the majority.

They are a very small minority but, as we have seen in England with soccer, it only take a couple of individuals to tarnish a whole community.

Hmmm, then let me think of a group that might be the most tarnished at this point. But don't worry, I don't hold it against you.

No, I will not let you hold anything against me, I have fought for the rights of Americans, period. We all, like I said in other posts have in our genes, and above all in our culture, the mark of the whole of humanity...guess what their is no master race, and this is not about race. I am a bigot against the lack of intelligence, but, unfortunately that is very abundant and comes in all colors....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join