It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Very First UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Turns out my internet browser just erased what I had written, so here we go again!....

Oh my God, what an amazing night. I have been watching the night sky avidly for about 9 years or so. I never necessarily wanted to see a UFO, but I had tried in the past. I had read some stories about star looking UFOs on this forum and with some encouragement decided to give it a go and see if I could spot one.

It was about 9 35 EST when I laid out across in the field across the street. I laid there for about 25 minutes and didn't notice any UFOs or anything but didn't mind it because it was such a beautiful night. Perfectly cloudless. I began singing a song and replacing the lyrics with, "Give me a sign of your existence...." or something, in my head. When something caught my eye coming in from the right side, a "star" suddenly sprang to life, it went with some haste, then began to slow down, then pick up speed again, slow down (by this time I was following it outside the field, no one was there but if someone saw me and didn't look up they'd probably think I was mad) then once I had caught up to it it went up and took off into the night sky.

I was a bit shocked to say the least.....I mean people had said there was some intense activity going on lately with these star like UFOs....but the one night in awhile I go out with the purpose to see them, and there one is....Incredible! Being a fair skeptic, I did some research on the internet to track satellite locations. There were no satellites in my zip code around that time. I have also seen satellites before and this was way different.

Thanks ATS! For making me a believer!

EDIT: TURNS OUT IT WAS JUST A SATELLITE....sorry guys

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well it's a good start anyway!

Keep a camera handy next time as I suspect 'they' want for us to start snapping photos for some reason...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah I was really bummed I didn't have a camera. My video camera can't pick up on stars or anything....it just comes out as black.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Congrats, and welcome to the sighting family. I suppose you will have to change you headliner from "skeptic" to "One of the lucky few"
Awesome! Welcome to the family!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi, Congrats on seeing the UFO
you should be able to spot more now that you know how to look for them.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Thanks everyone.

Honestly I don't know first thing about where to look. I really half-assed where to look on that one.

Yeah gotta change my title. Depending on the whole ATS points fiasco.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ya see here is the thing so many people tell me they don't believe because they have never seen one themselves.. but my question to them is always.. well how much time have you actually spent looking up at the sky at night?

well usually therein lies the problem. People are always preoccupied with our chaotic lives that we don't stop and take time outdoors to just enjoy the night sky anymore.

I have always been a stargazer and enjoy just staring up into the vastness of the night sky.. so my sightings were probably due in part to odds. lol

I am really thrilled to know that you have finally gotten some personal proof for yourself. Thats all any of us can ever truly hope for.

Congratulations buddy.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ohhh man, screw my life. Turns out it was a satellite www.ehow.com...

That's exactly what it was like only it wasn't a constant speed, but satellites don't always look like they're at a constant speed from the videos I've seen...Oh well....back to square one....*leans back in skeptic armchair*

Sorry guys, really thought I had something

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Soulstone]

top topics

join