It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism fears are fading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Terrorism fears are fading

www.cnn.com

As Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama battle over who has the best approach to national security, a new CNN poll finds Americans' concerns about terrorism have hit an all-time low for the post-September 11 era.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Wednesday, 35 percent of Americans believe a terrorist attack somewhere in the United States is likely over the next several weeks.

The figure is the lowest in a CNN poll since the September 11, 2001, al Qaeda attacks,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This could probably be attributed to many different factors. The high price of fuel weighting on everyones minds. The election year. The economy. Vigilance is necessary to stop terror, so I hope that will not be lost.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You all know what this means... time to get everyones fears in check again. I wonder what city will be next? I hope to god something horrific does not happen in the near future, but after hearing this I actually worry. We all know how "they" like to use fear as a way to control us, and if we are no longer fearful that means they have less control.

Let the fear tactics begin.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Terrorism by Al Qaeda is fading because people now know where it really came from.

Elementary.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you who posted.
Yes the possibility of getting fears up in the for front again is real. However there is one thing that needs to be recognized. How are the perpetrators to be caught? Or who will be giving the order?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That's almost every 1 in 2 people or the last 7 years thinking they're going to get attacked "next week." I'd say it might be low, but whoever at the helm has done a damn good job at keeping people shook.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Terrosim fears are fading......

Which is why Joe Lieberman was on the news a few days ago claiming an attack is gonna happen in the first term of the next president since the WTC bombings of Clintons first term and the the destruction of them in Bush's first term.

Nice try Satan, get thee behind me....along with your terrible popularity rating. America is no longer as stupid as you like to think we are.

Have a nice life! Sorry, I can't stand people like him.

top topics

join