It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creatures in New England?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Have there ever been reports of bigfoots, or other strange creature sightings in the New England area? Or is my neck of the woods (Massachusetts) sh*t out of luck? Just wondering if anyone has any idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Have there ever been reports of bigfoots, or other strange creature sightings in the New England area? Or is my neck of the woods (Massachusetts) sh*t out of luck? Just wondering if anyone has any idea.

You might see more Patriots players roaming the woods if they keep on cutting veterans.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There were the Dover Demon sightingings of the late 70's. I dont know that it has been sighted again, however it did cause quite a stir in a suburb outside of Boston. There are, I believe several lake monsters in New England, one is Champ of Lake Champlain in upstate New York.

Not really cryptozoological, however there is a Stone Henge in New Hampshire, thats really interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jersey Devil? Is that close enough?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ever hear of the Jersey Devil? (sometimes referred to as the Leeds Devil)....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hehe, seems we posted at about the same time...'

Well, here's an interesting one I dug up....

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Check the book Mysterious America by Loren Coleman. There is a chapter entitled "Things That Go Bump in the Bay State." Mostly regarding an area called the Bridgewater Triangle. It's a good book.

You can find some stuff about the Bridgewater Triangle at the following website:

members.aol.com...

I don't know who does this website, but it summarizes alot of the stuff that has been written about the Bridgewater Triangle such as Bigfoot, Black Dogs, Panthers, UFOs, etc.

There is also a book by Robert Cahill called New England's Marvelous Monsters that deals a little with Bigfoot sightings in Maine.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

i've been wondering that for a while now
the only strange creature i remember reading about in massachusetts is the Dover Demon, and that was already mentioned. i saw a porcupine/woodchuck thingy cross a road in Malden, Massachusetts. does that count?
it was night so im not sure what it was. i also saw an albino squirrel in Boston, how about that?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have heard of people seeing Bigfoot like creatures in Western Mass. There is also an abundance of ghosts in this state.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I live in the most south-western part of vermont, and my stepfather has been a logger for his whole life. He's never told me of anything supernatural, but he has told me a few times that he is convinced that there are some panthers around here. He is in the woods every day, and has seen evidence in several areas, including eastern new york, northern mass. and southern vermont. He knows a lot about tracks and droppings of animals, and he is pretty credible, so i dont doubt that there are a few panthers around here.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is the first time i heard about "champ" i have a house like 2 minutes away from lake champlain and i have been out fishing on that lake caught a few bass and a nice northern too this is cool, im going up there this monday i hope since i have no school for the week
me and my father always cross the border the bridge to Vermont. I have never seen champ but i want too
any specific locations on where i might get a glimpse of him?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There have been some bigfoot sightings in the New England area.

BFRO talks about them here...

www.bfro.net...

This page deals with NY but has lots of links to sites dealing with other states.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in western mass and i havent seen or really heard of anything except for ghosts

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
People are correct with things like Champ, Jesery devil and Dover demon. But I would have to say ghost related areas are much more common. New England is one of the most haunted places in the whole US. Some of which seem very demonic in origin.

Ed and Lorraine Warren (The Warrens) experts on the subject of spirits and demonology do alot of work in New England.

You can learn more about their work here if you are not already familar
www.warrens.net...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I live in western Massachusetts, too, and grew up with tales of the Cobble Mountain Critter, a bigfoot-like creature said to roam the forests surrounding the Cobble Mountain reservoir. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information about it on the net.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I live in Amherst MA. A couple of years ago I was driving up on 116 late at night when i saw a huge black dog standing by the side of the road. It was the biggest dog I have every seen in my life. Honestly, I had no idea dogs could grow that big before the incidence. It was close to the size of a black bear. I had a long good look of it when I passed it. Although, its eyes were not flaming, its fangs made it doubly menacing. Sightings of black bears are known in the mountain areas in the nearby town but this close to the town center is unheard of. So, there you go, my little run in with a legendary black dog in Amherst, Massachusetts.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I remember driving through the woods of Millis/ Medfield about 3 years ago with some friends of mine trying to look for "satans house" . It was supposedly where satan worshipers go to practice their religion. Well we never found the house, although i remeber we slammed on the brakes because there was an animal in the path in front of the car. It stood there for a couple second then ran off in the woods. We called it the elusive Catdog. It was too big to be a cat and too small to be a dog. It looked like a cat and dog had mated. Really weird. Every since then we think back and wonder what the hell was that thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I live in boston area and I havnt heard anything (lately)..... That Devil whaterever seems wierd though. Well, actually, I have heard about things that look like deer only realy thin and have long tails. I have also heard of a big foot or an ape or a hunched over person walking around the Ipswich River area and the Nashua River.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
One of my first memories is from driving with my mom, grandma, and greatgrandma to Loudon, NH from the NH seaside. My family can trace back to that town for 6 generations. When night fell on route 106 we heard "Open the window and let me in," in an adult male voice, which I thought was some kind of joke, but the women were scared. As we turned off on to Loudon Road there was a large dark figure in the road with no features, which my grandma swerved around. Greatgrandma told her to drive until we got to the house (farmhouse at the time). This was about 1979 or so and it was dirt roads and farm roads at the time. I'll never forget that crap. There are other things that happened in NH, Maine, Mass, and RI that I haven't heard of or sensed in other states. New England is pretty haunted if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I spent most of my life in Massachusetts (CapeCod) and i can guarantee you there's nothing there except for the few shady characters and usual transients....Some are scary but they belong to the human race.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join