It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If elected, how will Obama handle the drilling issue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Personally, I think that if Obama is elected, he and the Democratic-controlled Congress are going to tell the environmentalists to jump in a lake. They will start drilling, and when prices go down, they get the credit.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Hi Z,

Isn't it great to be irrationally optomistic! Most liberals are somehow able to believe.... in change.

Your sense of humor is rare my friend!

So the Dems have been in power for 2? years and have done nothing to date to alleviate the energy problem but if reellected they are going to turn over an entirely new leaf and give their good buddies the greenies the heave ho? I kind of doubt it.

And the super liberal Obama who rarely had a position on anything but when he did, he voted against energy development. This man is going to dig in and make the tough decisions? I think it more likely for him to become messianic! LOL.

[edit on 4/7/08 by plumranch]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by sos37

Obama has made it clear that he supports renewable energy and is against drilling to resolve our energy needs. However, according to Zogby, 74% of likely voters favor drilling and 59% favor drilling in ANWR. That's not 74% of Republicans, that's 74% of voters.

So, anyone who supports Obama and is for drilling, should not support Obama because this is the only issue in the country right now?

I support Obama (shocker)

And im all for drilling.

HOWEVER, im only for drilling because its the only thing i know of that can make my gas prices come down.

Since i dont know everything there is to know on this planet, like you obviously believe you do, then im willing to say "ya know what, maybe he'll be able to do something that i never thought of"

After all, he is going to be the president, and you would think he'd have access to things we never dreamed of.

So, your opinion is that "drilling" is the only answer?
My opinion is drilling is an answer, and one that i support. But if new evidence comes along that supports the notion of something else, then ill certainly give it a shot. I dont cling to the past, i look forward to the future

What will alternate energies be?
I have no idea.

I can guess.

Water powered car

Cars that run on french fry grease

Other cars that dont need gasoline

I mean, i found all of those in less than 1 minute from a google search. And since you're thinking of replying right now, with some ignorant response of "dude, cmon really, we'll be running our cars on grease, get real" :shk:

Will we all be filling up at McDonalds any time soon? No. But the technology is here for us to improve upon. It just takes someone who WANTS to do it.

Do your research next time. You make yourself look silly standing up on that stage telling us all that Obama will be the end of our country, because he's against "drilling for oil"

First of all, turn your ego off for just a fraction of a second, Andrew and try paying attention for once instead of making up stories in your head.

I never claimed to have all of the answers. This post is about what 74% of the voters want compared to what Obama says is his stand on drilling - he'a against it. These are both undeniable and documented fact. I've got a Zogby and Gallup poll to back up the poll and Obama's web page to and repeated statements he's made to the press concerning his stance on drilling. If you even try to argue that then you've really got you're head in the clouds somewhere.

There's a big difference of opinion there. The question I'm raising is, how will Obama supporters resolve it?

So you go into talking about alternative energy sources for cars. Uh, nice but did it ever cross your tunnel-visioned mind that oil isn't used just for cars? Oil goes into a lot of things.

Oh, and you made yourself look utterly stupid with your own words in your own post. Allow me to pick your post apart and throw your utterly foolish rantings back into your face:

":So, your opinion is that "drilling" is the only answer? "

When did I say this? Please quote me directly from this thread, Mr. know it all. Oh, right, I didn't say it. Because that's not what I believe. Idiot.

"Do your research next time. You make yourself look silly standing up on that stage telling us all that Obama will be the end of our country, because he's against "drilling for oil" "

Go back and show me where in this thread I said Obama would be the end of our country? Seriously, quote me where I said that? Again, you can't because you've gone and assumed a bunch of fallacies that didn't exist, once again.

I make MYSELF look silly? You destroy your own credibility by making up things I didn't say and assuming things I don't even believe in. Your own words betray you! Is this how it is when you decide who to vote for? You just make up crap as you go along and eventually start believing your own lies?

As I said in another thread, I lost any respect for you when you stated "what does Obama have to be proud of" with regard to America and came up with a lame defense to back up your rantings. Your pathetic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zezima
Personally, I think that if Obama is elected, he and the Democratic-controlled Congress are going to tell the environmentalists to jump in a lake. They will start drilling, and when prices go down, they get the credit.

That's certainly a possibility, though they would alienate a huge Democratic and liberal following if they did so.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

We R so screwed -- NoBama won!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join