It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does current ATS believe that Alex Jones is a disinfo agent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was reading inside a thread on the front page (which was closed due to advertising, justifiably so) and I noticed that many of the posts were being negative to him, with comments like "disinformation agent" and saying he "and his family should be covered in honey and dropped in a fire ant colony!".

I say "current" ATS because about a year ago, I thought ATS liked Alex Jones. What does current ATS believe about Alex Jones now? Personally, I believe that he goes a bit overboard with his yelling, but from what I've seen, most of what he says has been backed up by fact, and the stuff that doesn't have definitive fact (9/11, for example) has some good reasoning behind it.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I echo your question.

I have never been a follower of is career or endeavors, every now and again I may see some video clip or audio segment about one thing or another. He doesn't appeal to me. So I pretty much ignored him, except a Bilderberger piece he ran. It was 'typical' in generalized content, but he strikes me as a bit over-the-top occasionally.

i noticed many here highly critical of him, not specifying particulars, just very suspicious. Can someone elaborate as to why that is? I would really like to know.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
lol he is anti-government, so of course many will be against him, they all have their agendas ya know!

I used to think the guy was insane, till the world started looking like he was warning us about!

Just because he may be insane doesn't mean he isn't right!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Some comments:

1 - there is no consensus opinion at ATS. You will find plenty of vocal critics of Alex, but the majority of ATS are lurkers who remain relatively quiet, and I suspect most of them listen to his show from time to time, and keep an open mind about it.

2 - there are those who criticise Alex Jones, for his perceived support of the Vatican, or for his refusal to include the Vatican/Catholic Church as being part of the ruling elite of western society

3 - there are those who have listened to some of his shows from many years ago, when he would breathlessly announce martial law within weeks - and ditto for many shows since then - but still we have no martial law ...

4 - but generally speaking, he has been an active investigator, he has been vocal, he has thousands of followers, he has been wrong on his martial law calls so far, he has been right on exposing various skullduggery, and he is still going.

To call him an active, conscious, knowing disinfo agent is, in my opinion, not accurate. He puts out what he believes to be the case - and I would just say that his 'filters' are what some people are suspicious about.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones says whatever he wants to say just to cause trouble. Now whether he's a disinfo agent, I dunno.

But he's certainly a distraction.

He will die relatively young though. He keeps gaining more weight but then does crazy stunts on radio and video and veins keep popping in his forehead. He waves his arms around like a monkey and acts goofy. Kinda reminds me of Howard in the movie "Network."

He puts on a good show and is good for a laugh. But I don't wish him any harm.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Maybe while Alex Jones is busy alerting us to that which is acceptable to know the deeper agenda is being perpetuated.

I used to really like AJ. But like all who herald the trumpet of truth, it seems like there comes a time that the stream of controversy he/they proclaim has become outdated and the new is slipped under the radar.

Same with David Icke, he started out sharing some great insights and understanding but ended up selling, selling, and selling.

I don't think any real Witnesses to the deepest truth will be allowed to be heard.

It's all about money, and we can play many sides of the coin or the reality to capitalize on such. I believe also that some folks are being led to poke sticks at citizens until we push for a civil war or just become so overwhelmed that we know not where to begin to make a difference.

Big Brother has been in the making for many years. Has Alex Jones and his vocalization of such made a difference in our daily routines?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Only Disinfo Agent hate him the Debunkers

They bash anything that exposes TRUTH!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
Only Disinfo Agent hate him the Debunkers

They bash anything that exposes TRUTH!

Could you please repeat that statement with a bit more clarity?

I can't understand what you are saying.

I am not a debunker, but I don't trust Alex Jones 100%

Please say what you mean.

Alex Jones may expose some truth, but he also leaves out plenty. He, like many public figures are subject to censorship.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

I am not a disinfo agent and I bash Alex Jones. I will tell you why. I think he spends countless hours convincing people how screwed we all are. He has a tremendous amount of historical knowledge but fails to mention how other societies have escaped similiar situations. He seems to try and create panic and chaos. The only solution he has ever offered is to spread his fear mongering words.

BTW I believe the things Jones speak of are true except for how screwed we all are. I think there is much more hope then what he portrays.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't think he's a disinfo "agent". I have a suspicion of any oracle of internet knowledge that sells their wares. It's one thing to sell a works that is intended to benefit others, such as some of the extremely cheap (IMO) survival aids. It seems to me quite another to produce and sell CDs and DVDs that purport to be the "truth". This resonates to me throughout the UFO, 9/11, 2012 etc. fields. It's not a nefarious thing, I don't think, to charge a pittance for a subscription to a website. Still, I find that the best info comes from sources that are free.

I promise you folks, and other forums I frequent, IF I ever uncover the TRUTH about anything, and have evidence to support it, I will never try to sell it. If my silly little experiments with Brownian motion ever finally yield something effective, it will be given freely, because that's what people who give a crap about humanity do.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I am not a debunker, but I don't trust Alex Jones 100%
Same here.There is something about Alex Jones that reminds me of someone raking their fingernails over a chalkboard.

I think he mixes some truth with some fiction.This is just my take on him though.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

That is a good point. I heard him being interview on Coast to Coast about one of his DVDs he mentined that he spent $250,000 of his own money producing the video. Where does a Radio Show Host get that kind of money?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Off-topic, and I'll take my bones if it must be...... but maaan, your avatar really puts me off, because it seems to make fun of the person depicted. I realize he's smiling. Don't expect you to do anything different, and it doesn't effect how I perceive your words.

BTW, is it just me, or does A. Jones seem somewhat.....ummm... what's the word..... dramatic, or even overly-dramatic in his presentations? This dovetails with the previous poster who noted (and I agree) that he presents a sorrowful picture, all the while inferring that it's the ONLY picture. I could do that too. I could drink more, focus on the worst of things. Would that = real?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I don't know anything about what I'm about to say; just to make that clear..... but why, even if that's true, would anyone spend $250,000 or even half of that on a production with no indication of the returns? If a person had a handle on the truth, you could produce and record a video for a fraction of that. I would GUESS, that what he might be talking about is advertising costs. Either way, 250 large is a hell of an investment. I'm just taking your figure at face value, as I didn't hear that C2C broadcast.

I think Mr. Jones mixes his researched truths with a healthy dose of drama, factored by some equally healthy commericalism, and viola! I can't fault that, it's the financial dream. I just wonder what it'd sound like undiluted.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
in an interview on youtube he stated he had no involvement in the catholic church then was caught at a catholic church function with his family who have been members for years The church is behind almost every bad thing war etc....

he knows that but claims none of it. agent..................... most people are not aware how deep the involvement of the church is in all this, he knows so he tried to deny incase the other people who know were watching... this is what he tries to cover up. disinformation agent. believe it or not!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I believe AJ believes what he preaches, but don't kid yourselves he does have a agenda, what that agenda is, I'm not sure.

I would not be aware of the NWO and out of control government if it wasn't for Mr. Jones, he opened my eyes to the PTB and their efforts to enslave us all.

But money does always come into play, he must make money to spread his message, I find it interesting that so many criticize him for this.

I don't feel money is his goal, but the truth is.

Even if he is insane!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone for those comments. I now understand a little better why some are critical of him.

Also off topic - Cashlink - you're avatar never ceases to distract me. Seems like a happy fellow, but is there a point - or is it just an attention getter?

Argentus - I find myself inclined to remind you (though you probably already know) that Mr. Tesla also was a stalwart believer in the common ownership of his technology. For your sake I hope you are more aware of your 'associates' then he was. Best of luck to you!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i met alex jones back when i was 19 (31 now) here in austin when i was helping a friend's dad on a t.v. show. even back then he has always had a passion for standing up for "the little guy".........

i was doing kind of a contraversial topic and there was a "call in" time. someone called who was opposed to my stance and instead of just stating their opinion, they started "brutally" insulting my intelligence.

here i was, this 19 yr old little girl and they (the dad, one of the stations managers, and alex) were FREAKING OUT thinking i couldn't handle it. i did lol. when we (all the above, my friend and i) all went out to eat, alex commended me, but then went off on the rant (much like the ones you see in his vids) that he would have liked to have said to the caller. lol i mean, he just has passion for other ppl......

don't take this as an insult anyone, but he has passion for "the little ppl"... not bc he sees us as unworthy, but quite the opposite, he sees us as worthy.

alex has the ear of the nation right now, more or less. i know ppl on here get upset that he doesn't come on here and answer questions, but he isn't doing that to be rude. he isn't trying to convince you all.... he is trying to convince the ones sitting there hypnotized and glued to fox news, etc.

he doesn't respond w/ a no thank you bc passion filled ppl like that have tunnel vision. he see what needs to be done and/or said and all else falls to the way side.

quit assuming that everyone does and handles things the way that you all do. and especially quit saying that someone like alex or anyone is doing it for publicity or because they are a "disinformation" agent simply bc you refuse to accept that not everyone works by your rules.

ppl are individuals for a reason. his job is not your job and your job is not his job. respect it and appreciate the way that all things work together for good.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have been a long time listener of the Alex Jones show since about 2003.
At first I was totally gung ho about Alex for years I would never ever accept that he was a agent, and he is so convincing to me that if he is a agent against us, and there is a hell, than he will be going there for his lies and deceptions.
Now let me be clear , his show is absolutly accurate and tells us exactly what is going on and all the sources. But this is a form of MK in itself.Because if you do not tell 100 percent of what you know and you point the other direction than this is like a majician making you look elsewhere while he is making the illusion work.
Alex seems passionate and to be a true American hero, if he is genuine he is to be looked up to as a shining example of what a American is.
Sometime last summer I started to view Alex as being a possible rouge agent. Clues to this came in the form of how he handles extreme guests like Dr. Nick Begich for example. There is a interview of him floating around where Dr. Nick is being very limited in his time to speak by Alex. Either Alex has incredibly long intro sections to each of his commercial breaks where he goes on and on talking , then by the time Nick speaks , It is only a few minuites of time for him to talk. Now Nick Defenetly gets his time to speak , It just really made me start to look at him closer, and listen observently to the way he handles his guests. Jordan Maxwell is another guest who really made everyone look at Alex under a microscope.
Alex just had Jordan back for a 2 days of interviews and jordan spilled the beans about Rome and Alex did not cut him off ,he actually incouraged Jordan to speak freely. Alex would never talk about these issues before, and whenever someone spoke about Rome Alex would quickly stifle the callers or guests. He would of corse not ,challenge there comments, but I did notice him getting edgy about the subjects.
Recently Eric Phelps has released many youtube videos calling Alex out and exposing even more quiestions than I have addressed here.
Alex would not have Jordan back for years and years until this year majically jordan is back on the show and Alex and him talk freely about Rome like I said.
This appears to be perfect timing as Erics videos recieve more and more views.
In conclusion I would love to believe Alex is genuine, But he is from Texas where "Our Leader" is from and his gang. I also sometime think Alex is reading from a script from the way he sounds.
I don't know anymore,if he is real or not. I just pray for our country and try to believe he is a realy standing up for God's free born creatures.
DWT

[edit on 3-7-2008 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's interesting to see some of the language used by people and their opinions. Has anybody ever called up on air and asked Alex Jones about the Catholic thing and their connection to worldly affairs? I know that Alex is a supporter of Jordan Maxwell, and Jordan has exposed a lot of religion's symbols.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join