It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Attacking Iran is attacking us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I figured this is just the reason why Bush isn't going to attack and pushing for other options now.

US pushes diplomacy to end Iran crisis
news.yahoo.com...

And looking for reason Russia did state they would get involved if Iran was attacked.I figured people have talked about this,but this just shows me proof now.

Iran and Russia have agreed on plans to quash Washington's relentless drive towards launching an attack on Iran.

Discussions took place during Russian President Vladimir Putin's recent visit to Tehran, according to the Asia Times.

Putin held a face-to-face meeting with Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, where the agreement was finalized.

According to a high-level diplomatic source in Tehran, the Supreme Leader and the Russian president essentially agreed that an American attack on Iran would be viewed by Moscow as an attack on Russia.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

An American attack, but what about Israel?????

Not a one liner, seriously, most expect the attack to come from them, so now what?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Seems like this is going to be a 'Israel has to go it alone' fight for survival.

However, if tehran gets any funny ideas, i am sure Israel will demonstrate how a low and high level nuke attack can ruin a mad mullahs day.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You got me...this has to be the reason why push isn't pushing for war.Has nothing to do with him leaving office soon.He must know the reason for 5 years why he never would attack Iran.Israel wont do it unless they get the ok from the us.I hope to god this deal works out without war.Think about it...Bush goes into Iraq with no fear...some people say for oil...some say for WMD's.Whatever the reason was,he didnt care.Iraq wasn't a threat as far i can see.But suppose country building a nuke technology with Russian help.Up and down for 5 years Bush states Iran wont get the bomb.Blah blah blah.Five years later never attacked Iran why???Obvious he must know Russian would defend Iran.Pure simple makes sense.Hes avoiding a nuclear war.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why is Russia and Iran so close? If this is the case then who is China with? Is China with them also. I think Russia would love to get into a war with the US. Finish the cold war. Or because they know what our gov't is really like and what they are trying to do. If Israel attacks Iran then does that mean that the US has to help them. Bush cant be that stupid, we cant afford another war regardless of who it is with. If we cant win in Iraq and Afghanistan and they arent that big of an area then we wont be able to fight Russia,Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan. This is all really mind blowing it is very hard to grasp all that is going and why. Why cant we all just trade be friends and no one goes hungry.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by isa75]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Seems like I remember the Russians saying the same thing about us attacking Serbia, and we went ahead and did it anyway.
I wish this would prevent a war but I am not hopeful.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Why is Russia and Iran so close? If this is the case then who is China with? Is China with them also. I think Russia would love to get into a war with the US. Finish the cold war. Or because they know what our gov't is really like and what they are trying to do. If Israel attacks Iran then does that mean that the US has to help them. Bush cant be that stupid, we cant afford another war regardless of who it is with. If we cant win in Iraq and Afghanistan and they arent that big of an area then we wont be able to fight Russia,Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan. This is all really mind blowing it is very hard to grasp all that is going and why. Why cant we all just trade be friends and no one goes hungary.

Yeah! I don't like Hungary either let the whole world band together and fight them.

Never mind...

[edit on 7/2/2008 by jamiros]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
edit to my post it should state hungry. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The risk of Iran don't outweigh the reward.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

Russian gave the nuclear technology for the reactors.They are also a big military supplier.Iran and Russia have some sort of pact.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Opening up a third front would pose a challenge for the US military already deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan, a top US military chief said Wednesday amid concerns Israel may attack Iran.

"From the US military perspective, opening up a third front right now would be extremely stressful on us," the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen told a press conference.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
LOL-Russia doesnt want this believe me. They have no reason "to finish the cold war". What would that achieve? Plus they are just now finally getting their act together economically and are on the road to better things....and they want to reverse all that and throw it away by going to war with the US over Iran? I dont think so.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
According to a high-level diplomatic source in Tehran, the Supreme Leader and the Russian president essentially agreed that an American attack on Iran would be viewed by Moscow as an attack on Russia.

www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020101

This article is from October 2007.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
But I was sternly told when the icbs start flying I had no idea what I was talking about.
I said Russia and China will not allow this without retaliation.
It would appear that would be the case.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yeah so what does that have to do with anything?You think within 9 months they would change their mind?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They'll find their own personal Jesus, embrace the western world, and let us take all the oil we want.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We're looking at the potential of WWIII. Russia, China and all nations have an interest in Iran. It's called the world oil supply. Saddam showed his potential for disrupting the supply. Cheney said after the first Gulf War that we stopped short of taking out Saddam because we had nothing to replace his regime and that chaos would ensue. With our cowboy mentality we went in anyway with no way out.
Now the threat is Iran. Does the cowboy mentality in the White House think we can neutralize Iran quickly, decisively and with no consequences? In any case, the attack on Iran will have to be prior to the November elections if it looks like the Republicans are going to lose. Do we have a thinktank brainstorming for a believable trigger event that will be the justification for the attack and shift the blame from the attacking nation.
We can't find Bin Laden, we can't stem the flow of heroin from Afghanistan, we certainly can't resolve religious differences in Iraq...
We're in trouble!
Looking for a bright sunny day. :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
They said the same thing before we went into Iraq. Russia always says this type of stuff as a last ditch to try to persuade the US from projecting military might but in the edn, the US does what it wants and Russia just complains a little. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
They said the same thing before we went into Iraq. Russia always says this type of stuff as a last ditch to try to persuade the US from projecting military might but in the edn, the US does what it wants and Russia just complains a little. Nothing to see here.

Yup. We've seen that before.

If anything, Russia stands to profit from such war, beyond most people's imagination. Crisis of this magnitude will make oil more valuable than gold, and Russia sits on it!

new topics

top topics

join