It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Anniversary of Bush's 'Bring 'em On' Boast on Iraq Is Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

5th Anniversary of Bush's 'Bring 'em On' Boast on Iraq Is Today

www.editorandpublisher.com

"President Bush today came close to taunting Iraqis who were attacking American-led forces in Iraq and said the assaults would not cause the United States to leave prematurely," the Times reported on July 2, 2003.

'''There are some who feel like -- that the conditions are such that they can attack us there,'' Mr. Bush said. ''My answer is, bring them on. We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation.'''
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thinkprogress.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bush regrets "bring 'em on" taunt

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A grim reminder of allowing our country to enter misguided wars.

I have always been strongly opposed to Bush but I too am tired of the "Bush Bashing".

I have not set aside my wish to see him and his administration held accountable for their actions I simply am tired of all the hate.

That said, I posted this story not to further criticize Bush but to point out the importance that we no longer tolerate out right arrogance, lawless warmongering, and the cavalier attitude that is so reminiscent, to me, of Arnold Schwarzenegger's rolls in film...."Hasta la Vista Baby"...

The Iraq war should stand as a testament of the folly of pursuing political philosophies of aggression and dominance.

www.editorandpublisher.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm not tired of the bush bashing. I think him and his administration deserve it.

I say "bring it on"

join