It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dream election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think its obvious that I am an Obama supporter but I have to say I am extremely disappointed Al Gore did not run. I am really angry at Mr. Gore for not running because he is the most qualified, he is committed to fixing our energy policy and climate change. He already was elected once. He just Pu##ed out and did not want to run against Hillary, Imagine the field day the stupid media would have with that.

I am curious as to who you would have like to see in the race now.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would like to see:

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich

Barack Obama and Kathleen Sebelius

Bill Richardson and Madeline Albright

Bill Mahr and Jon Stewart

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Probably would have loved to see Paul, Kucinich, Gravel and Nader in this race but I think some of them are out. Nader is still hangin' in there though.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dream election? Well, anyone but who we have now. I mean, Obama and McCain are the best we can do? What happened?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Bill Mahr and Jon Stewart

I agree w/ 1/2 that. Personally, i loathe Bill Mahr, more than 100 John McCains, but i love J.S. and as for his running mate, who better than Stephen Colbert

and im not being sarcastic

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Took the words right out of my mouth. Star for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich

This would be interesting. These two candidates where the only two I saw in the debates for which I have any respect. They were both radically different than the party base.... which may have something to do with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Kathy Griffin and Perez Hilton

Oh Boy were having some fun now!

Seriously who cares....they steal elections. I stop voting when Bush stole Florida and the election.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
MY DREAM ELECTION:

one where everyone walks into the voting booth informed of the history of this country and what it was founded on. where ppl quit blaming the media and the elites for where we are and start taking the responsibility of their choices back into their own hands. when they realize the importance of their decision and that "the lesser of two evil evils" is NOT a good choice. an illusion is an illusion no matter what. when they can look into the child of america's eyes and say, "i was thinking about your future and the preservation of your individual rights."

thus...... it remains my dream.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Skyfloating and biggiesmalls.

Nah, really I would like to see each state represent their own candidate and then have a president for each state in the union.

Then the presidents would not hold so much absolute power, it would make life much more interesting.

I just do not have any people which are in politics that I would vote for.

Get a meditating scientist, a true spiritual leader, one that is enlightened, and maybe I would want to vote.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
J.C Watts vs B.H. Obama

This would take the race-card, which Obama has already played, off the table. Republicans could criticize Obama freely, and not have to worry about being called racist. But better than that we could have a real conservative running for President.

McCain...If your listening...Pick J.C. Watts as your Vice-President!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich and Fred Thompson. Just so their wives would get some serious media time. How do those two gargoyles score that kind of talent?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
J.C Watts vs B.H. Obama

"BH Obama"! Hey! I just realized we have the same initials! BH! I'm honored!

yeahright -

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In my dream election there is a second selective service. everyone of age 35 is required to fill it out. Every election cycle for all positions the service is put into effect and every single member is drafted from this service.

there would be disqualifying factors:

No lawyers.

No politicians.

No CEO's

No one who wants to be in power is allowed to be in power.

Just regular ol people getting drafted to help run the country.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
No one who wants to be in power is allowed to be in power.

Hear, hear! That's the rule I've always wanted... anybody who runs is barred from being elected...

My second choice... a Paul / Kucinich ticket...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
hey I have a question for you obamafan14:

Do you not reply to any of your threads?

this is the second thread of yours I've seen that you simply havent responded to...
Were you embarrassed from your Ron Paul is a feeble old man thread that you left that thread to start this one?
Are you embarrassed that Obama is a flipflopper that has now changed his opinion on Iraq after he has so much support for claiming something completely different?
and finally, are you embarrassed that you've openly admitted to flipflopping you presidential nomination yourself for silly reasons that the ATS community has pointed out but you choose to ignore?

I was going to make you my first ignored person on ATS, but I want to see if you answer this post, or if once again, youve abandoned another one of your threads...

new topics

top topics

join