It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a feeble old man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Now that’s funny –and a little scary, that you said that! But there’s no need for apologies of any sort on your part. Because, now that I think about it, your first impression was perfectly sensible (NOT Sarcasm): You are so used to seeing (as I am) people mooing “change”, for example, that it does become hard to distinguish the discontented moo with sarcasm in the herd. I have encountered the same problem myself. Again, it partly illustrates my point, thank you much for this help. This dumbing down makes it hard to express an original or “difficult” opinion without getting stampeded by the herd. That’s what happened to Paul. But with sarcasm, there’s always a bit of truth in it. In one sense, as a rational man, he perhaps should have glitzed his image a little. To think that he could get by on logic and hard-medicine was a huge mistake in his calculations.

My advice; practice your sarcasm well my friend. If things keep up, as they are, we may really have to start mooing – even with sarcasm – just to blend in and survive.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
reply to post by Scurvy

Now that’s funny –and a little scary, that you said that! But there’s no need for apologies of any sort on your part. Because, now that I think about it, your first impression was perfectly sensible (NOT Sarcasm): You are so used to seeing (as I am) people mooing “change”, for example, that it does become hard to distinguish the discontented moo with sarcasm in the herd. I have encountered the same problem myself. Again, it partly illustrates my point, thank you much for this help. This dumbing down makes it hard to express an original or “difficult” opinion without getting stampeded by the herd. That’s what happened to Paul. But with sarcasm, there’s always a bit of truth in it. In one sense, as a rational man, he perhaps should have glitzed his image a little. To think that he could get by on logic and hard-medicine was a huge mistake in his calculations.

My advice; practice your sarcasm well my friend. If things keep up, as they are, we may really have to start mooing – even with sarcasm – just to blend in and survive.

I understand completely what you mean. I'm just not used to actually having satirical conversations and have the other party understand the subtle messages thrown in (or throw in their own for that matter).

I do agree that in such an aestheticly focused society Ron Paul could have used more advertisement. I'm assuming he avoided it so that people didn't call him a hypocrite for spending money on ads and giving into the media. He may also have been afraid of how the media would distort his views.

I think we're in the same boat as Dr. Paul in that we have to bend our own beliefs slightly in order to get along peacefully with those around us. At least the majority of people who don't like my ideals, that I interact with, aren't in positions of power. But yes keep up the subtle satire, it's the only way to get through to the dense a lot of the times without making them angry for feeling stupid.

*For the OP, Ron Paul probably appears feeble to you because he is doing exactly what we are talking about, trying to stay under the radar to reduce the amount of attacks he comes under*

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
I think we're in the same boat as Dr. Paul in that we have to bend our own beliefs slightly in order to get along peacefully with those around us.

Well, those are the tactics we have to use. As a Libertarian, I’m sure you have the same problems as I have encountered – you don’t fit in really well with either side.
If you are talking to a staunch Republican and opine that you think drugs should be legalized or don’t think the war in Iraq is legal, they think you’re a left-wing Commie. If you tell your Democrat friends that you don’t support gun bans or “free” health care, they call you a right-wing Nazi. Most of our opinions are unpopular with the masses and in that sense the OP is right that Paul comes across as a throwback for trying to promote them.

The question also sits: Should Paul have tilted or spun the truth a little to gain support with the mob? Would it so badly diminish him if he sang softly and told them soothing lies in order to get his agenda accomplished? It’s what they are doing and it’s undoubtedly successful. So much that it seems to be the only way to win now.
Principles are a great thing in theory and the truth is a noble dream but they can rarely stand against the real mass of unthinking belief and the immeasurable density of emotionalism.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
seems to me the OP's plan back fired. i found this to actually be a benificial post bc here all this time, before reading this post, i have felt hopeless against the mindless braindead of america.

the hopelessness turned into anger when i read what was written. I AM AN AMERICAN AND I AM NOT DUPED BY THE FOOLS WITH THE PLASTIC SMILES AND FANCY PARADES..... and i will be along side all of those who stand for truth writing in the man who has EARNED the seat of presidency through truth, honesty, and TRUE justice. no joke.....i'll be in there w/ a vengence.

in fact, my friend and i have made a "date" of it. we MAY BE few amoung many, but that is the way it always has been in times such as these. when evil and stupidity run free in the land, there has always been a tiny section of those who are good and follow the truth, and funny how those are the ones that make the big impacts.

ron paul doesn't GIVE ppl hope, he puts it w/in hands reach..... all we have to do is reach out and take it; and what YOU, DEAR OP, have reminded me is that he doesn't pretend that he IS the answer....... he makes it clear that we are the answer.

so, yes, thank you OP for reminding me why i will never lie down and surrender this country and the future of my children over to the likes of your mentality.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Originally posted by justamomma
sheesh, so because he wasn't dashingly handsome and a fancy speechgiver, you sold out on what you stand for for the more "socially" appealing candidate?

this mentality scares me more than the threat of the terrorism.

What scares me is you think this is not the norm...

Sparkles and shiny is how the west votes... forget ethics and morals...

Sadly, this is quite true. I remember earlier this year, following one of the televised debates, reading comments on a MSM site. The things people were posting about were disappointing. Mitt Romney was praised because he was dressed well and looked good. A couple others were being given positive feedback because they were able to speak well. There were comments about certain debaters not looking fashionably good. I'd say that easily more than half of the posts were in no way related to the content of what the debaters were discussing. I couldn't believe what I was reading! But I knew that it was a prime example of the mentality of far too many voters in the USA.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

i guess what shocks me is seeing it on this site. i have always felt in the minority (however, luckily surrounded by a few ppl that "get it") when it comes to skipping over the way ppl look, or what they say to make the public feel good, etc etc.

i was soooo energized when the freedom movement for ron paul started. here, in tx, it became everything that everyone could talk about. i felt excited that ppl were talking about the REAL problem in america and not just "oh i am voting for so and so bc they are republican and did you see what they were wearing?" for the first time, i could go just about anywhere and get into a great discussion filled w/ hope about what really concerns the citizens of this country.

then, it just fizzled when it became clear mccain would be the rupublican candidate. i just kind of fell back into this hopeless state after being told to "give up" by so many of the ones that were once aware that it was up to us. didn't take long for ppl to get back to the same old same old..... work, party, discuss the latest reality tv program.

i found myself alone, for the most part, again. then i find this site. ppl are talking about things that interest me and i just kind of got into that rather than watching t.v. then, one of the only friends i have that i can DISCUSS real things with said that he was still going to vote ron paul regardless of those who have given up.

i started going more into the political threads to get a feel for where ppl stood here. i felt embarrased to be honest. ppl that seemed to be thinkers were otherwise still easily duped into believing there is a choice btw these two. the only CHOICE i see is ron paul OR the two illusionists, bc it won't matter which of those you choose, we are still *snipped*. i felt maybe, if there is any hope to get ppl to think, it is here. so, i started trying to challenge, but those who are die hard core fans side stepped the issues in favor of insults.

then this poster puts this up and something just snapped. i got angry when i read that. here is a man who has a proven history of doing things according to what this country originally stood for and this guy blatantly said he agreed w/ everything, but CHOSE KNOWINGLY to for the puppet on the string bc of looks and presentation. it is SO FAR from my mentality and the thought that these idiots are giving away something i appreciate for mindless entertainment PISSED ME OFF!!

i have to say though, the responses to what this poster said is truly priceless. i now feel assured that this isn't a site of mindless prattlers but that there are many that are awake. many of you are paying attention and that is what i was hoping to find. i have cried at what some of you have written. i don't know if it is me being a woman or an american, but the emotions i have for what was done by our forefathers did is overwhelming. ppl don't UNDERSTAND the "holy grail" we were given. what these men hundreds of years ago gave to us now is golden and should be protected at all costs.

alot of ppl are just ignorant and that is very sad, but what ANGERS me is when ppl like the OP KNOWINGLY sell over their rights and our rights for entertainment and a feel good speech.

my kids future is at stake!!! this is not a matter of just putting a name on a piece of paper. we are making our childrens future here and how ppl don't and can't get that, yes, it is beyond and probably will ALWAYS be beyond my comprehension. i don't apologize for that. i don't want to try and relate to the mentality of today. i don't feel i belong here half the time lol. but it is comforting to know that there are others that feel as passionately about it as i do.

edited to add: and i keep coming back over and over to this thread to remind myself, no matter how small, there is still hope. as a single mom working hard for every penny she has and has to give away to the government, i thank you for voicing your responses. each and every one of you that understands and wants to do the right thing are the ones that give me hope. i can't thank you enough as a citizen of this great country for standing firm on the truth despite what is all around us.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'll start off by apologzing for posting anonymously... I've been a long time lurker but never a poster, and of course, my first post has to be hammered out on a tiny phone keyboard.
I've supported Obama for years now and was thrilled when he finally clinched the nomination. Lately, his shift in message have caused significant concern... and I've been warming up awfully quickly to Ron Paul. I love his honesty, I love his no nonsense approach. The only thing I do not like is his debate style. Like it or not, he DOES come off as whiney. Those of us who can look past that KNOW the truth, but he lacks the certain charisma that Obama has. Part of leading country IS being able to lead and inspire.

I feel that some of you scoff at charisma like its an unneccessary thing, but it's an imperative thing to have. I'm not justifying Obama, I'm just pointing out the fact if Paul had Obama's persuasion skills, he'd be a lot more popular and likely the Republican nominee... And no one would be complaining here.

That said, my personal choices for president go Paul, Obama, McCain. I'd love Paul to be president -- I really would. I still like Obama, but I hope that if he doesn't work out, that the Rebuplicans adapt to a new political strategy and accept more candidates like Ron Paul... I think they'd be surprised at how easy it would be to beat the democrats in light of the current situation.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well I saw a few debates, but Ron Paul did not screw up, this media that has interest in Oboma or McCain set him up to look bad. He answered all that they allowed him to answer, I dont beleave for one minute that you were going to vote for this guy. ALL RON PAUL SUPPORTERS WRITE IN RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT! This is what a real Ron Paul supporter would do.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hey, The media did screw Ron Paul but there were still a few flaws in what he had been planning on doing in some cases but I still think that he would have made a great president. I would also like to add that if you go to youtube and search for Ron Paul he'll have some videos about him doing some sort of Campaign for Liberty in July, I'm not sure but I think it is the twelfth that it happens.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

Dr. Ron Paul EASILY Made FOOLS Out of ALL Other GOP candidates

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Look, here it is in a nutshell.

The people you want in politics are honest, caring individuals who want what's best for everyone, not just their party. Those people stay away from politics because they know they are in the minority and don't want anything to do with such corrupt men and women. Thus, the people you want in politics will never be in politics.

*waves a tearful goodbye to Colin Powell*

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Look, here it is in a nutshell.

The people you want in politics are honest, caring individuals who want what's best for everyone, not just their party. Those people stay away from politics because they know they are in the minority and don't want anything to do with such corrupt men and women. Thus, the people you want in politics will never be in politics.

*waves a tearful goodbye to Colin Powell*

bc ppl like you, not trying to be rude here, refuse to understand your place in all this and write them OFF your ballots. so, thus, we end up w/ the dirty stinkin' crowd that you all keep voting in.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ron Paul is an old man and yet he has done more for his country and the citizens of this country than Obama ever will... I don't see Obama carrying a gun and defending his country but I do see him telling someone else how to do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

His campaign ran a terrible campaign, look at his christmas ad it looks like a family video made on final cut.

What the hell is wrong with Final Cut?

First of all, anyone who says he's a FAN of a politician is a moron. But then that's what it has come to. People want to be FANS and not admires.

What kind of idiotic statement is this? The derogatory statement on Final Cut offends me!!

Come on Final Cut and Final Cut pro are the tools of the industry, that and Premier. But then this guy doesn't know the difference at all... I'm sure he meant iMove, but then even that is more powerful than his statement!

Sorry but Ron Paul could have saved us... instead it was either Hitlery or Obamanation and well... now it's between EVIL Vs. EVIL.

Doesn't ANYONE think it's a bit strange how Scientologists support the wazoo out of this man? He's funded, supported by OPRAH, to name a few of the major people who usually DON'T partake in such events. Then Will Smith comes out yapping his actor wannabe mouth off on how good Scientology is and oh by the way he's a big supporter for Obamanation.

Obamanation came out of the blue... with too much backing from people... doesn't anyone think it's a bit strange? He's being idolized and I have NO clue what made him deserve that kind of worship. He's as fake as his smile.

But you'll eventually see... since there wasn't much of a choice, people tend to think they had something to do with who's going to win. But the truth is, they just follow the mass public.

Those who actually try to vote for real people are silenced. By who? The Media... which in turn makes their friends and colleagues put peer pressure on them and then that's the end of that.

GOOD LUCK AMERICA! WE NEED IT!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

First off props to burdman on page 3 his post sums up a lot how I feel so let me just get that out.

Also props to you element because you bring up a valid point and one I have made since he first was introduced. Why Obama? What made him shoot straight to the top as fast as he did? I mean why cant I run and get that same kind of shot to the top? Im running for the house in 2012 as either a Ron Paul Republican or a Libertarian. I know I will never get that shot. This is how I KNOW Obamas a fake. I agree with him a a couple issues not many same with McCain but even the issues I agree with the 2 on THEY WILL NEVER GET DONE!!!!! This government is controlled and 98% of the population doesnt even realize it. They take the spoonfulls of horse dung and turn on their Paris Hilton gossip and really could care less about the real issues and what causes them. Ron Paul was our last hope he really was and still is. I hope his movement takes hold and others like myself run in a few years because America will not be America again unless something bug happens.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Indeed my friend...

What people don't seem to understand is that what is actually happening is that we're ELECTING the MAIN CHARACTER to the worst reality show of all time... Namely our lives ruled by the government...

The Character we put there isn't a person who's got ANY power at all. He's just the front man representing the Government, the people in the back. He's the call center for everyone when they realize their product (lively hood) is broken and needs fixing.

We're entering another season of horror... time to change the writers and main characters to introduce NEW modern ideas and solutions to major problems in our every day lives.

We need what the Hollywood is doing quite often lately... A RE-BOOT!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Of course, not to be a pest, but this thread is still weirdly misplaced, no?

I have to concur that while the right hand of 'the party' is polishing up the old rag of a politician, McCain; The left hand just pulled this rabbit out of a hat, a political magic trick to be certain. Between them they represent what the American political system has offered up as our 'best' hope. Ugh!

Before this election, sometime near the turn of the millennium, surely their had to have been an 'uplifting' of this young politician. This was no shining star, in fact, his main name recognition was due to its apparent ethnicity.

Both their political records are seemingly mediocre. The care and nurturing of our nation is going to be administered by lesser men and women; who's only value is their 'loyalty' to the party and its continued domination of the political arena.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical. Perhaps McCain and/or Obama are just 'playing along.' When they arrive at the seat of power they might surprise us all and show that the Constitutional Republic, which they will swear an oath to protect, is more important than the politics and schemes of a power hungry elite 'club' to impose their ideology. They have met little resistance since the early twentieth century, will they meet some now?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Maybe the OP was talking about Final Cut Express????

Either way. I wonder why these anti-Ron Paul posters abandon their threads and never return.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah Kennedy was that man who surprised a lot of people in the ways he wanted to change the country. We all saw what happened to him though.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

In my opinion, this is one of those ObamaBots...

Those people a while back, where the Obama camp said they were going to send people online to websites to talk up obama/ talk down others...

So, this ObamaBot, comes on here, and attempts to deface Dr. Ron Paul, just days before he is going to anounce a new speach in the house?

Nah... in my opionion, this thing is a plant. Just one of the paid obamabots...

DOnt listen to his slander... but, i see most people have seen right thru thier deceit...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join