It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a feeble old man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Before I began to support Obama, I was a really enthusiastic Ron Paul supporter. I was in a local shopping square where I was handed a Ron Paul flyer. I read the flyer and realized I support everything Ron Paul was running on. There was one problem it turns out Ron Paul is a feeble old man. What first made me come to this realization is the reporting of the racist posts of Ron Paul's newsletter. Now I have no doubt in my mind Paul is not a racist but he is very incompetent for allowing this writings to go on in his name for so long. Also Ron Paul is a pathetic debater. His debating style during the debates is to seem like a crazy old man or become exasperated. If he was half a decent speaker he would of destroyed those weak republican candidates. Instead he just looked a little crazy. His campaign ran a terrible campaign, look at his christmas ad it looks like a family video made on final cut.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
sheesh, so because he wasn't dashingly handsome and a fancy speechgiver, you sold out on what you stand for for the more "socially" appealing candidate?

this mentality scares me more than the threat of the terrorism.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Not at all, He seemed completely lost during the debates, he could not debate at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

no doubt. how do you debate illusionists w/ their illusions? he knows well enough and respects that the ppl will decide if they want substance or illusions. sadly, it seems to be the latter.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
sheesh, so because he wasn't dashingly handsome and a fancy speechgiver, you sold out on what you stand for for the more "socially" appealing candidate?

this mentality scares me more than the threat of the terrorism.

What scares me is you think this is not the norm...

Sparkles and shiny is how the west votes... forget ethics and morals...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Watched and admired everything Ron stood for and still stands for but he has one major character flaw that would never allow him to become Elpresidente....his whiny snivering voice.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
he has one major character flaw that would never allow him to become Elpresidente.....

........he is HONEST.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

yeah. i am coming more and more to this realization. everyone crys out for change, but they are only willing to wait for someone else to change it. the first person to come along putting icing on dirt gets their attention, meanwhile, they all forget that change lies in our hands....... not in the mouth of some sweet talking politician. i believe ron paul knows this. he knows that if the change everyone wants is real, they will obtain it. otherwise, he will be seen as a feeble old man regardless what he says or does.

and i don't believe ron paul is the answer. i just believe he knows WHAT the answer is........

we complain about the way things are and yet the change has always been right there in front of us all.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He might have been untraditional in presenting his views, but I think that was one of his strengths. The fact that the people didn't buy into it is probably because they are so brainwashed and used to fancy talks and promises rather than listening to truth and reason.

People want to hear how they good they can have it, not how bad it is. Ironicly until they realise how bad it is they wont have it good.

The fact that he didn't adress those he smeared him I admire. Once you get into counter attacking you stop presenting what you stand for and instead spend time saying how cruel and evil the other part is. Just look how some of the debates take a bad turn here on ATS. Suddenly two guys are discussing what they did or didn't say and cutting down the counter part in order to win.
Ignore the others... stick to ones own beliefs, especially if they are for the common good. If your beliefs are truly the rights ones and people can hear you believe in it yourself then they will prevail.

There's nothing more awesome than to hear a leader show his insight and present it in a way that a member of the public can understand rather than the politician next to him.

[edit on 2/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So you want style over substance?

Try this second hand leader: Tony Blair- one previous careful owner (UK). Minimal wear and tear.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
just wanted to say from my heart, i think everyone that understands what i mean by this should get out and vote for ron paul. suddenly, after my time spent on this board trying to figure these things out, for me at least, it seems we have been offered this opportunity to try and gets thing back to the way they should be. i fear, as i am thinking many of you are by what you have said, that this could be the last opportunity we have as a country to make the right choice.

a choice based not on anything else but what matters. i don't know. i wasn't going to vote mainly because i didn't feel that it would matter. and maybe it won't. i know it seems hopeless to get this country back, and maybe it is...... but at least we can go out knowing that we voted for a man that is for the ppl....... not bc of what he says or does to entertain us, but bc of what he stands for.

anyway, no reason anyone should listen to me. just wanted to say i, for one, am going to be in the voting booth w/ a vengence and ron paul on my ticket. what happens after that happens....... but at least i know i did what i could in that regard.

i am not looking for an entertainer or a protector, just someone who wants to get this country back to its original intent. and for that reason, since he hasn't given up, i am not giving up on him.

thanks OP for posting this. you just reminded me why this man TRULY EARNED my time and my vote.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, here is that "feeble old man" in action during the debates.
I just hope I am that "feeble" when I get to be in my 70's.

Ron Paul whacks the hacks

We blew it, and now we've got two pandering empty suits as choices.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

His campaign ran a terrible campaign, look at his christmas ad it looks like a family video made on final cut.

What the hell is wrong with Final Cut?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well if most of our elderly citizens believed in the constitution and was willing to stand up for it like Paul did, well we would be in Much better shape.

The only feeble one I see in this election year is McCain. Compare his videos from 2000 and now, the guy is lost in space.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i really wanted Ron Paul to stay on the ballot and i think one of the main reasons he is no longer in the running, is the lack of Media.

i have spoke to many people who did not even know who he was. i blame this on the corporations that run the MSM that kept him in the dark and out of the peoples sight.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
i really wanted Ron Paul to stay on the ballot and i think one of the main reasons he is no longer in the running, is the lack of Media.

i have spoke to many people who did not even know who he was. i blame this on the corporations that run the MSM that kept him in the dark and out of the peoples sight.

unfortunately, i am coming to believe more and more as i watch this whole election year unfold that the media is putting out what we, our country as a whole, want to hear.

if no one tuned in, do ya think they would still be aired in the mind numbing way they are? what does this tell you?

let me draw up an example. it is much the same way that this site's front page works.

we all know that the more you flag something, the more potential it has to get put up on the front page. it has been set up to be that way.. what interests the members is what will be put up for all the internet mass to see on the homepage.

well, members that did not take the time to learn the system when they joined failed to realize the difference btw marking things of personal interest and flagging things of importance and thus the whole system was screwed w/ noone to blame but the uninformed members who didn't take the time to do their homework upon sign up.

hence, we ended up w/ material on the homepage that lacked depth. ppl were flagging what they found ANY interest in or flagging for purposes of being notified if some credible evidence came up. they did not really understand that there were two different systems working here.

system #1 being the flagging system meant for topics of substance
system #2 meant to tag your personal interests for further personal viewing

much the same way the media has gotten screwed up. we blame this on the "elite" when the elite are merely using it to see what it is we are interested in..... substance or personal intersts.

and that is how we have ended up w/ the two party system that puts on shows bc it is what the public has shown that they want. they have exploited our interests against us.

can't technically blame the media and can't technically blame the elites. this country and what it is now and the games they play w/ us are because we, the citizens aka members, have shown them that is what is interests us.

and the really sad thing is, most of it comes from us being so uninformed. we all have the information for how this country and our individual rights were to be protected, but too many ppl came in uninformed and never bothered to do the work themselves to become informed. we came in loving the illusions and not understanding the substance. thus entertainment and reality began to mix.

you'll find mostly it is those of us that were born into this country that have become the most apathetic to what this country stands for. we think it is our right and not the priveledge that it REALLY is!

so we buy fancy speeches and fall for the whole "reduction in taxes" and the watchdog guises based on what we know, that being illusions.

we are being given what we asked for as a country.

inform yourselves!! understand the workings behind this country. help others to understand it and the disguises and fancy entertainment will be rendered useless.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I agree Ron Paul is feeble, ... but then again so is Yoda. It doesn't mean Ron Paul can't kick %** like Yoda. History will prove Ron Paul right but too bad history is just as feeble as Ron Paul and Yoda.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by keeff

and more ppl are aware than the ppl here on this site give credit. i hear it all the time.......... the media spins things. hell, they even admit it in some cases..... because they know we will accept it. illusion is what appeals and that is why it is "posted' so to speak.

quit putting the blame of it all into anothers hands and maybe we could finally get some of that change enforced that we all keep rattling on about.

EDITED TO ADD: case and point: the OP's original post. the mentality of america and they'll admit it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I know I am Canadian and I should have no business in US politics, but I honestly enjoy listening to the feeble old man. He actually speaks with wisdom and he does understand the economy. Thanks spacedoubt, I enjoyed those videos!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join