It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn: SO. Feature Suggestion - or - "Not Another Blog Inquiry"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was wondering what you (and everyone, really) might think of this idea. What if we could comment on comments? In other words, each post in our comment section could be a mini-thread of it's own. This would create a completely satisfactory blog, for my purposes, anyway.

I could picture it working just like it does now, with new posts at the top, but under each entry, a means of adding comments that would thread with new posts added to the bottom.

It could be kept pretty tidy by adding a "+show comments" button under each entry, and if you wanted to get more elaborate, give users the ability to control who can post a new entry: the user only (for pure blog functionality), the user's friends, or any user.

I'm hoping you're not just completely sick of this subject.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
you can comment in your own profile.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh, I know. I do sometimes! What I'm suggesting is adding code so that each 'comment' sort of becomes it's own 'thread', with comments about *it* organized from old to new underneath it. The main 'threads' would still be ordered new to old, like it works now.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i'm guessing that tera means something like this:

normal blog reply

information
question/suggestion
answer or criticism

without the external source obviously, just alternating colors.

sorry if this has already been sorted, i don't go to the blog pages, don't even know what it looks like, I've just seen this in other commenting forums (like news or yahoo).

EDIT: i know you'd have to arrange it better, that is kinda confusing. sorry i can't find a link to it, just hope you get me.

Roswell.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by roswell1]

join