It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This summer movie season has been pretty terrible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have a near obsession with movies. At my work I can get movie tickets for about 5 dollars so I go at least once a week. I see about everything. While summer movies are usually not the greatest in the world. I have noticed that this summer season has been particularly bad especially for comedies. Here's some examples

Don't mess with the Zohan: Sandler has not been funny for years but he puts buts in the seats so he continues to do whatever he wants, this would have not been a funny snl sketch

The Love guru; real mike myers, 4 years of know live action movies and this is what you give us

The Happening: I like shaymalan and I thought the first hour of this film is great but there is literally a chase scene with a gust of wind, and there is a terrible ending.

Sex and the city, Hancock is getting bad reviews.

There have been some bright spots Iron Man was awesome, Hulk was pretty good, indiana was not a classic but really enjoyable, Kung Fu Panda, Wanted is supposed to be good and we still have dark knight and step brothers to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. If you think the summer movie season is awful, just wait until The Dark Knight comes out.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Personally I found Wall.E to be pretty decent. Not the greatest mind you but enjoyable.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree for the most part there have been horrible flicks coming out, but wait a minute I can name quite a few great movies that have graced us this summer.

Iron Man - Amazing movie adaption, Robert Downey Jr. played Tony Stark spot on. They made it real, they made it seem possible, and they kept it from seeming like an over-the-top, cheesy comic.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Brilliant special effects and battle scenes, the movie turned one of the more boring books in the series into a fantastic film.

Wanted - A pure ass-kicking movie that didn't try to be anything else but what it was. You can't go wrong with James McAvoy as your lead.

Wall-E - Amazing CG and just a plain a fun, heart-warming [robot] love story.

What about those!

new topics

top topics

join