It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion makes me upset.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Theres already another thread about 'The puppy in the police hat' but I read about it today in the news and the fact that the police had to apologise because it made muslims angry or upset is just stupid.

So it is with that that I arrive at this conclusion... religion makes me angry and upset... so every single person that is part of a religion and follows it must apologise to me for making me feel angry and upset.

Before I get any counter arguments to this I must say that it makes perfect sense... I'm giving you a taste of your own medicine.

If you disagree about apologising to me then I suppose you'll be eating your words the next time someone does something that goes against your religion and you make them apologise.

Thank you and goodnight.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
can a mod move this to religion cause i forgot to put it there lol

thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree 100% !!!

religion is for dumb sheep who need to believe in a higher power.....which if it existed could care less about us....

do people care about ants ?? NO

same with the hollow entity "god" if he/she/it exists. it could care less about us.

religion is used for controlling purposes only. and I will not be controlled.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thats how I feel about the man made global warming alarmists.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JustLikeSuperman

Well Superman you sure got your panties in a wad didn't you?

I do not owe you an apology as I did nothing to you. When you get down to the nitty gritty no one has done anything to make you angry.

You allowed a situation that involved someone else anger you. Religion in and of it's self can do nothing.

People do things everyday that goes against my religious training. I do not get angry or upset. If I did I would be angry 27/7.

I welcome you to ATS with open arms and hope that your time here will be a time of enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Organized religion and spirituality are two very different things. Read, learn and discover for your self.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Religions should be a personal thing and not something imposed of others who may not believe, this PC crap to appease various religions is stupid and needs to stop before it all gets out of control!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This actually belongs more in the Rant section on BTS.
Look, I don't care if you're athiest, more power to you, but don't insult someone if they're religiouse. Chances are, if you are this site, you believe in something based on the fact you believe in it as well. NWO, UFO, Ghosts, ect. I won't hold y\ours against you, if you don't hold it against anyone else. And before you say something along the lines of "Oh yeah, well I have proof!"
Well, surprise surprise, so do they. Anyone who believes in something has proof to show you why they believe something. Doesn't make it right, and what's proof to one person is another persons camera flare. So ease up, it's not the religion itse;f that's the problem, it's the vocal idiots who make every group look bad.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you.

Damn right I did...

So then why did those police officers have to apologise for something as harmless as a picture of a dog in a hat because muslims consider them unclean and should only be 'used' as guard dogs (LOL where is the love?)?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I'm not athiest, I'm nothing.. I don't really want a label.

I'm not insulting them, I'm just saying I think it's wrong that people have to apologise for doing something against someone elses religion!

If they vocal idiots are giving everyone else in the religion a bad name then I propose they be recognised as a new cult called Vocal *insert religion here*.. or is that a bad idea? lol

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustLikeSuperman
Theres already another thread about 'The puppy in the police hat' but I read about it today in the news and the fact that the police had to apologise because it made muslims angry or upset is just stupid.

So it is with that that I arrive at this conclusion... religion makes me angry and upset... so every single person that is part of a religion and follows it must apologise to me for making me feel angry and upset.

Didn't your U.S. government taught you well? religion can't be wrong!!!! American said and always say, everybody must have God as it is said in Bible and Quran, your only enemy is Communist which has no religion and no bible God. All countries in the world must have religions, and the only enemy to the world is Communism.

It is Communism that made you angry and upset, REMEMBER THAT!!!! U.S. Government can't be wrong, and religion can't be wrong.

Please go back to your church and pray harder, before the Communism trash you out!

god bless you and god forgive you, don't forget to pay 10% of your income to church apart of those government tax!!!!!

And please remember this, before I make you missing.

It is NOT what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country.

PAY YOUR TAX and shut up!!!!!. And to GOD we trust, you must have God. Only Russian and Chinese have no God and no religion, they are COMMUNIST and they are our enemies, they are the ENEMIES of GOD.
In the name of GOD we fight!!!!!!!!

And don't forget to donate to your church, 10% of your income, nothing more nothing less.
It is not what your religion can do for you, IT IS WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR RELIGION!

So shut up and start pay!!!!!!!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by cheebay]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by cheebay]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Since this was posted in the ALIENS and UFO forum
I will say.. Religion makes the baby grays cry.

j/k Some of them probably allowed themselves to be worshipped throughout history.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheebay
Didn't your U.S. government taught you well? religion can't be wrong!!!! American said and always say, everybody must have God as it is said in Bible and Quran, your only enemy is Communist which has no religion and no bible God. All countries in the world must have religions, and the only enemy to the world is Communism.

It is Communism that made you angry and upset, REMEMBER THAT!!!! U.S. Government can't be wrong, and religion can't be wrong.

A Scottsman probably doesn't get schooled in much American history cheebay. And the OP is in Scotland. Or at least says he is.

In my thinking, religion and moral values are as different as law and moral values. Both claim to have some higher standard, but neither achieve it.

People are people.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
People do things everyday that goes against my religious training. I do not get angry or upset. If I did I would be angry 27/7.

Sorry for the off-top, but which planet are you from?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
People who judge others or groups are usually quite ignorant themselves.

IMO religion is an option for "strength in a belief system".

and it can be a damn strong belief system when it is believed and backed by the belief in a god, i mean i believe the human mind is tremendously powerful and i think many people are just brought up with this (belief in god) and that these beliefs have given them decent success in their lives and they have the will to bellieve in it, despite "hecklers" and they see no reason to change.

In fact the belief is probably strengthend IMO (falsely) should they prey to god and actually be empowered enough to experience the prayers or change they ask for, i say falsely because i believe they simply empowered themselves to accomplish these things , yet need a belief in god to accomplish this in their own minds.

I'm sure some other people became religous during troubling times in their lives and/ were reaching out to a life line (and relgion was probably something they were willing to beleive based on their opinions and was one of the few choices in their minds if not the only one) Any person trying to tell someone "religion is fake, or dumb" would be stone-walled and rightfully so, because the mind would know this belief saved them from "real pain" and see's no reason to waiver a belief in something that has given them strength. I'm sure however if someone was given another option (some sort of spirituality w/o the mythical figure, or perhaps a rebuilding of the mind (meta programming and NLP stuff) and enough will and understanding how to adopt such a belief system that has worked for others they may be opened to change, or gone to these "life lines in the first place" but it would probably be a more drawn out process, and now changing a belief system that seems to be working fine for them would probably by stone-walled by the subconscious mind unless something repeadedly and forcefully was diminishing their belief in religion. rant over

[edit on 3-7-2008 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

join