It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a master key in all of this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

True, I do not believe we have yet aquired the knowledge that will allow us to piece all of these things together but I think the research in string theory and other similar and related areas of science may lead up to that eureka discovery.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Prepare to stretch your mind a little...

We've created many fantasy realms and creatures in our collective mind. We see glimpses of these trying to manifest in reality, but perhaps in order to fully bring such things into our existence, we must build a bridge from our world to the fantasy worlds... which would in essence turn them into 'reality'.

For example, in order to bring aliens into our existence, we must figure out a way to cross the galaxy... or at least understand how to do it. Creating the device comes after understanding how it works - unless it's creation is by accident.

If we are the facilitators of the universal library which all other beings tap into (past and future), then we need to create a way for something to happen before it happens anywhere else in the universe. Movies and books are like a preview of future experiences (or past experiences) - but it's all the same really since we exist in the eternal present.

Thought always comes before experience. We need to think of new and creative ways of making things happen. It's like the law of attraction, but we can't always assume the universe knows how to make it happen. If it's never been done before, we have to construct the 'how' in our minds. Once we do, we'll attract other beings who know the 'how'. Although they didn't exist until we knew the 'how'.

So how then do you figure out something that's never been figured out before? The answer to that I believe, is the key. We can't find the keys that don't exist yet. We make them... in our minds. Then experience follows.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

yeah - I see religion absolutely affecting what you can or will believe

and I think that different kinds of people also respond to things differently (duh)

my friend is an engineer - so very science/math/rational as opposed to emotional or intuitive

doesn't mean engineers aren't intuitive - I just think we all have different ways of taking in and examining information - and that influences how things rate on our hooey-ometer

to him the spirit world is not as tangible even as the UFO phenomena - just doesn't register - and that's fair

but I think that if it's ever discovered that dimensions exist where certain types of energy - or - who knows what - can slip into - or get stuck in

or maybe places where certain energies, or conditions can ONLY exist if they're without a physical body - that could exist here if they have whatever physics allow them to exist here - and where we can't go - precisely because we are as much matter as energy

those kinds of discoveries would turn that whole mystical spirit world "nonsense" into pure science

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And a discovery of moon cheese would mean the moon was made of cheese.

I'm an engineer too. This doesn't have to do with what parts of our mind we exersize more; this has to do with how much we really know about the world around us. As a biomedical engineer, I know that brain tissue is not highly attuned to accepting any kind of known energy except for local ionic concentration changes. Though it is possible that a highly carcinogenic device could move selected ions using electromagnetic radiation (light) to depolarize the membranes of and thus fire selected neurons in the brain, the brain is INCAPABLE of transmitting such a feed, and a telepathy-inducing-device (TID) would need to be custom-made for Earth animals.

This is the accepting end of telepathy. Alien visitation (though scientifically unlikely, I have ranted before on ATS) is also possible. Some types of spirit existance are also plausible though unexplained, but pure fantasy should never be placed next to physics and science unless evidence exists.

For this reason I also argue that a spirit existance is "hooey". There is more evidence that sightings have been due to neural problems (note a study about the scientific basis for doppelgaengers) than there has been for their truth. I admit I have heard people swear by EVP, and I don't doubt their points. Often, though, voltage leaks occur in radios with recorders that can allow the radio functionality to overlap slightly with the microphone. Thus, EVP. Basically, unless there is MORE evidence to imply "the unexplained", I'll go with "the explained."

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What if I told you the "Master Key" in all of this was that conciousness creates what we perceive as reality?

I just began reading a book by a theoretical physics professor Amit Goswami called "The Self Aware Universe" and this is the thesis of the book.

At one time we believed that the sun, planets and stars revolved around Earth, that the Earth was the center of the universe. The Catholic Church went to great lengths to make sure everybody believed that...even going as far as creating complicated mathematic formulas to explain the 'strange' movements of the planets in our solar system. But alas we came to realize our true place in the universe.

If science is indeed able to prove that consciousness is the only 'real' reality and that all matter (which we currently percieve as 'reality') is simply a construct of consciouness...it will certainly explain a lot of the things that science is not able to explain namely metaphysics.

It's the chicken and egg question...in the case of Amit's theory consciousness came before matter.

Here is an interview with Amit to better understand his theory which while still on the fringes of science is beginning to get some traction.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by mightymouth]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

most excellent - this is exactly what I’m talking about

what you consider possible

has to do with how much we really know about the world around us

not everyone looks at what is and what isn’t from that perspective

my analogy to the brain being possibly like a radio or TV – was just an analogy – which you’ve taken literally

but – it’s the concept I’m after – we’re not talking about what is – we’re talking about what might be

as far as what we actually know – you’re absolutely correct

at least I have to assume you are because I am for sure not a biomedical engineer

I’m not an engineer of any kind – mores the pity

here’s the philosophical monkey wrench thrown into this whole thing – the brain is not the mind

and which is more real?

the radio is not the sound

so, if the brain is just housing, and you cannot identify any possible way that the human brain can possibly transmit or receive anything - then all you’ve determined is what you’ve determined

it doesn’t factor in what we don’t know – only what we know

you’re argument would have to be – based on what you said above – that everyone who has ever experienced anything that could even remotely fall into the category of telepathy – is either experiencing random events, coincidence - or they’re just goofy and irrational

but to prove that – you would have to rule out randomness and coincidence first – good luck with that

the last possibility - right after "you're all kooks" would have to be that there is an explanation after all - which is unknown

this thread is going to derail I think if I keep going

so, if the original question is – concerning UFOs, and the aliens – how do they get here?

if they are in fact getting here (first thing’s first)

if it’s some some way other than making the long, time consuming – impossible - journey through space – is there then some other way of “traveling”?

some possible way that might also explain other phenomena that some of us are seriously wondering about

is there some undiscovered condition, or state, or place - that would make sense of many of the things we either experience – or even just suspect?

could it be possible that we don't actually know all there is to know about the physics of the universe?

maybe it is all hooey – that's possible

but to dismiss the whole subject because we consider it to be unlikely is not really a scientific approach

at one time radioactivity was unknown – just sitting there waiting to be discovered and understood - and that's just one really obvious example

we’re not dealing with fantasy – we’re only dealing with the unknown

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"""Spiritual Evolution"""

When the human race rids itself of "WEAPONS" work as one to clean the air, soil, water, realizes monies is useless and everyone works doing what they like to do helping one another, to provide everything needed for all for a good life FREE.

Schools are being taught all wrong,new learning centers need to be built, natural healing and so on.

They wait for you to repair the Garden of Eden. They wait for you to give yourself real FREEDOM not live the fake freedom.

From what I observe ain't gonna happen anytime soon

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
When we discuss UFO's, Extra-Terrestrials, Underground bases, Dimensional beings, among many other things.. could there be one key piece of this puzzle that when set into place would make all the other pieces fall into place naturally revealing one big clear picture? And if so.. what would that most likely be?

What could that one piece of knowledge be that when we know this one thing for certain it could make us suddenly go.. oh wow, and if that is the case then... "" must be, which suddenly makes this make sense as well and it just continues to dominoe until all these pieces connect into one huge revelation that sets mankind into a sudden awareness and a more enlightened state of being as a result.

Could this be what awaits in 2012? So many theories out there. could 2012 bring the missing piece of the puzzle?

Does such a piece exist?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure where you're headed with this. Assuming they all exist, I would have to believe they are all related by nature, made possible and accessed by science.

It sounds like what you seek is a missing link of sorts but of what kind I can't tell. When you say a piece of information that starts a domino effect, are you talking about starting down the path of the next evolutionary leap forward as a species?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Your asking alot of questions for a person with such a cool personality. Its ok to ask questions, but what about what you think? Is that not important?
If you were givin all of the answer's, that would mean you would be under subjection to somone ele's will. If I waved a magic wand and gave you all the answer's, you would then be under my control. Hone your intuitive skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I love that - when the student is ready the teacher appears - sort of

I've read little bits and pieces here and there - things like this - different views

makes my head hurt - in a good way

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mightymouth

thanks for that - I just skimmed through the article - going to have to save it and really read it later

but - it's an amazing theory

I'd love to be a theoretical physicist when I grow up - but I'm thinking that ship has sailed

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok...... ok............

Perhaps............ perhaps......... there is one thing.

BELIEVE IN NOTHING!

To OP:

Do enjoy it.
No one is missing no point now.

By the way, your time has come.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by cheebay]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheebay

To OP:

Do enjoy it.
No one is missing no point now.

By the way, your time has come.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by cheebay]

What does that mean?

My time has come?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

To be honest I am not 100% sure what it would mean.

to be more clear..maybe a missing link in the scientific sense.

If we can find out something for example about dimensions that reveals to us a truth about what we believe to be Extra terrestrials, and that in turn led to a revelation about why some spirits remain behind after death in the form of ghosts for some period of time.. and perhaps in understanding those things it opened up another theory that explained psychic abilites.. so yes like a chain reaction.. of facts falling into place.

Its like looking at a big puzzle and you get stuck.. can't find where the next piece should go and then someone hands you this piece that you didn't know was missing and they stick it in the right spot and all of the sudden you can see how the rest of the puzzle should go together.

thats sort of what I mean.

did that make any sense at all?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

What could one think; it is all absolute nonsense, so there is no missing link or it is all true and the missing link is our ability to understand it all.

And of course there everything in between; some things are true and some things are not.

I think there is some connection, but the only thing is that things do not get clear an unmistakeble proven, regardless of the subject. Of course to people who had experiences of their own it is very much true but to the public real prove is missing or being denied.

And THAT bothers me; I mean how long are we discussing these things; and still no prove or (offcially) denied prove. Were not holding much concrete, are we. Still you can feel it: THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON!

But even your neighbours have secrets so what to think of goverment? They must have tons of secrets. So the missing link could also be one or all of those secrets. We will never get the puzzle right without the right peaces.

So then it all comes to common sense and (in my case) hope that aliens will aid us in helping our planet to survive from the disaster we have created (why didn't they help to prevent this?) and not to have us for lunch.

I guess we will have to wait.......

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Yeah - that its all mind!! And this is known as the left side of awareness and the govt is hiding the right side of awareness (aka THe first and second attentions)

All this crazy physics and super powers rests on the second attention. The first attention cant exist without the second attention astral precursor. Thats where the aliens come from telepathy, long distance travel, time travel.

Its all about awakening to our total self and seeing beyond death so we cant be controlled by fearmongering and stop tihnking short term physical all the time. It becomes more spiritual and subjective and exciting.

To see energy directly! which we already do but some how block it out. This is our key to freedom and the next big step in evolution. hundreds of millions have peered past the veil now...we need it to be collective.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
When we discuss UFO's, Extra-Terrestrials, Underground bases, Dimensional beings, among many other things.. could there be one key piece of this puzzle that when set into place would make all the other pieces fall into place naturally revealing one big clear picture? And if so.. what would that most likely be?

Imagination land.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.soundupload.com...

This is part of some beeps that came through my headphones on my PC. The headphones don't have a microphone.

Does anyone know morse code / know how to decipher this 'transmission'. thanks (no jokers)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

The mind is definately more real than the brain in my opinion. It is what exists when nothing else is left of the physical form. The mind is always there. It exists in pehaps a dimension seperate or above that which our bodies exist in. At least it would seem to be logical as such.
However for the theories that we create our own reality.. I am not 100% buying that theory. If that were true.. would you really exist are are you all just figments of my creation? Since you have your own perspective that cannot be so.
I do not even buy that reality is made from our collective minds. If that were true all the times in history when mankind thought the end of the world was approaching and masses of people believed it they would have caused it to be reality through their collective beliefs.
If that were true belief would equal reality but it does not as beliefs are often debunked. I considered that whole philosophy once long ago.. but have since rejected it based on these logical deductions.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I agree with you on that - the brain is obviously real - but without the mind - what is it?

the whole topic of consciousness - makes me tired - not because it's not interesting -

but it's just so huge

I do think there's something to the collective unconscious - maybe we are all parts of one mind - but remain individual

I think the idea posted by Kruel earlier on is interesting - that maybe some phenomena appears or exists because we are all thinking about it

not like my personal favorite skeptics explanation - mass hysteria

but more as a result of collective thought - not so much that we're creating something out of nothing - but recognizing something at the same time as individuals - because of something we're all tapping into that we share

the idea of yin/yang, poles - opposites - I think is interesting

the individual is important - and the group is important - but the two of them playing off each other is necessary to our growth - our evolution

and our understanding of anything is part experience - and part of some kind of communal understanding - which could somehow translate into a kind of telepathy

I really think your original idea is a good one - there's something missing - something that connects all this

who knows what - but maybe it will all come together and it will seem so obvious - like after you find Waldo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join