It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't anyone start addressing the world's human population problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i'm curious on this one because world population seems to be one of the primary root problems driving the worlds energy & food shortages.

with the exception of special interest groups such as the world population institute et.al..... why won't anyone address this?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
China does that's why I will start to make it a point to buy only Made in China.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by homo_borg]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostcoyote
i'm curious on this one because world population seems to be one of the primary root problems driving the worlds energy & food shortages.

with the exception of special interest groups such as the world population institute et.al..... why won't anyone address this?

whats you point here,are you saying people should be murdered to decrease population, there is now way to stop population problems,, whats to address anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The answer is the same as it has always been.

You can't get rid of the haves because they can afford to live.
You can't get rid of the middle class because they support the nation.
You can't get rid of the poor because they serve the other classes.

You might discard the super rich and the super poor but that would be less than 2% of number needed to make any honest attempt at a solution.

We'll have to start Mars vacations packages at a discount, get enough people up there and then start a war that destroys our ability to bring them home.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

It's a touchy subject isn't it. I bet most people can see the problem... technology and medicin have brought us to a situation where we are producing more kids than old people are dying. In time of course Earth won't be able to sustain us with our spending pattern.

That said, noone wants to be the first to say "Let 1 billion die during next economic/ecologic collaps...", it's like we quitely sit back and hope that it will never get that bad.
Noone wants to be like China either passively limiting the amount of kids brought into this world.

Ironicly one could say that our humanity will be our own doom.

I see the logic of the OP, but I can bring myself to say yet that letting people die is ok... time and experience might change this.

After my eyes fell upon this problem of increasing population I immediately thought about why nomore people are considering adopting kids from 3rd world countries instead of making their own...
A lot of those kids are doomed to a slow starvation death anyways, so kill two birds with one stone and slow down the overpopulation proces.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Powerful religious opposition to birth control. Outdated racist attitude, for example, such as "white" race needs to propagate.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
are you saying people should be murdered to decrease population, there is now way to stop population problems,, whats to address anyway.

no, not at all p.e.
i did not say that at all.

(good post flice)

take for example, a commercial i saw for new alternative energy sources to feed growing demands.... the whole system is based upon growth and consumption but that just fuels more problems down the road when we live on a resource limited planet. we act and behave as if the world can support another 10, 20 billion people. many of these "green" solutions are not green at all when you look at the entire process of manufacturing.

most of the worlds problems are based on the fact that there's just too many of us. i never hear anything on TV or radio address this and at least make an attempt to get people to become aware that the problem is not so much a shortage of oil, for example, but too much demand for oil by the sheer numbers alone.

what's to address p.e?
the OP question.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A friend used to tell me the reason why we are overpopulated is because we are not in harmony with nature. Natural selection seldom applies to human, we have big houses to hide from predators, both the strong and the weak find a way to survive.

top topics

join