It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'Torture' Videos Cause Uproar in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Police 'Torture' Videos Cause Uproar in Mexico

rawstory.com

MEXICO CITY -- Videos showing Leon police practicing torture techniques on a fellow officer and dragging another through vomit at the instruction of a U.S. adviser created an uproar Tuesday in Mexico, which has struggled to eliminate torture in law enforcement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ahh, sounds like more "spreading of democracy"...lol.

"Private U.S. Security Company" teaching torture techniques to Law enforcement? Anyone want to guess who this company is?

Incredible, some of the things still taking place in this "modern" world we live in...

He said the English-speaking man was part of a private U.S. security company helping to train the agents, but he refused to give details.

A third video transmitted by the Televisa network showed officers jumping on the ribs of a suspect curled into a fetal position in the bed of a pickup truck. Tornero said that the case, which occurred several months earlier, was under investigation and that the officers involved had disappeared.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I see no issue here. What people need to focus on is all the damn corruption in Mexico...it's terrible.

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree with Seaman Richie... Also, you think that's bad? I have a merc friend that is in Mexico and did some training and works down there. He told me what they go through in GAFE training (like Mexican special forces). I will not say more.

It's funny how brain washed people are and think of Mexico as a big farm with donkeys lol!

It's not really like that. When I was down there living in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon. There was an incident with a kidnapper gang from Mexico City terrorizing the City. They hired some Israeli SF guys and got "rid" of the problem.

The problem with Mexico is the division between social classes. Either you're poor or you're rich, there's no middle ground. And if you're unlucky enough to be in the middle ground... it's like being in the middle of the battle.

So this doesn't surprise me at all, specially because you have private security companies down there giving services to the elite.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
who cres how they are treating people in mexico its none of our business . concentrate on how we are treated here and stay out of their personal business .
no star no flag

[edit on 2-7-2008 by ironman433]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'll tell you what:

You folks dismissing this as "irrelevant" need a wake up call...

These SAME "Private Security" Firms (a.k.a Corporate MERCENARIES) are operating here on DOMESTIC soil. And they are being continually linked to Law Enforcement, and domestic paramilitary exercises HERE IN THE STATES. That should be enough for people to pay attention to what is taking place in these videos. Secondary is the continual overwhelming signs of this nation drifting towards FASCISM, and a total Police state rule. If this continues to escalate, who do you think is going to be behind many of the "crushing of dissent" exercises?

Thirdly, I can't believe the apathy CONTINUALLY displayed by people towards TORTURE. Firms TEACHING torture techniques to anyone should be frowned upon, but yet we see people, right here, going "so what?"

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I'll tell you what:

You folks dismissing this as "irrelevant" need a wake up call...

These SAME "Private Security" Firms (a.k.a Corporate MERCENARIES) are operating here on DOMESTIC soil. And they are being continually linked to Law Enforcement, and domestic paramilitary exercises HERE IN THE STATES. That should be enough for people to pay attention to what is taking place in these videos. Secondary is the continual overwhelming signs of this nation drifting towards FASCISM, and a total Police state rule. If this continues to escalate, who do you think is going to be behind many of the "crushing of dissent" exercises?

Thirdly, I can't believe the apathy CONTINUALLY displayed by people towards TORTURE. Firms TEACHING torture techniques to anyone should be frowned upon, but yet we see people, right here, going "so what?"

Wake Up? Lol....

OKAY...I think you would understand more if you actually visited Mexico on a monthly basis : ) The corruption is terrible, I'd put more focus on that first before anything else.

Best Regards,

Richie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I suppose that the presence of US nationals, contracted or otherwise, tutoring police in 'harsh' treatment techniques is an irrelevancy to some people. To me it is demonstrative of the image we are sending to the world. Slowly but surely we are becoming the 'bad guys' we used to hate and commit ourselves to stop.

I would have expected, in more civilized times, for legal actions to be taken to secure the identities of the people involved. I would have expected the US company involved in this activity to be forced to account for its actions and explain the nature of the business in which they are engaged.

But I can see that we have no concerns over human rights anymore. Dignity and respect are now 'privileges' which others have the power to dole out as they see fit.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Who the hell cares of what happens in Mexico? Well that's a very intelligent comment ironman433 (notice the sarcasm).

It's still planet earth, it's still a human being. I agree with what Maxmars and Seaman Richie stated. It's not about what country it's done in or what the nationality or race of the person. The issue here is that it's a person.

It's funny how blind people are to see who the real problem is. It's the same blind people that believe the corporate dictators and issue their commands. Once people stop doing their bidding then they'll stop ruling. We're more than them aren't we? Well, why don't we do something about it.

PS. Seaman Richie: i believe that you and I share the same experience on world travels to wake up and see what the world is really like. Am i wrong?

new topics

top topics

join