McCain takes $2 million from firm convicted of funding terrorists

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Despite how biased Huffington Post generally is, this is 100% facts and I cannot find anything untrue about it.



The co-host of a recent top-dollar fundraiser for Sen. John McCain oversaw the payment of roughly $1.7 million to a Colombian paramilitary group that is today designated a terrorist organization by the United States.

Carl H. Lindner Jr., the billionaire Cincinnati businessman, was CEO of Chiquita Brands International from 1984 to 2001, and remained on the company's board of directors until May 2002. Beginning under his tenure, Chiquita executives paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (known by the Spanish acronym AUC), which is described by George Washington University's National Security Archive as an "illegal right-wing anti-guerrilla group tied to many of the country's most notorious civilian massacres."


McCain's $2 million fundraiser

This is a legitimate concern. While people are afraid of Barack Obama for having a funny name and being a little bit darker than the rest of the candidates, the McCain campaign is literally accepting money from those who fund terrorism. Imagine if Obama had accepted money from the President of Iran!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by evanmontegarde]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by evanmontegarde]




posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Despite how biased Huffington Post generally is, this is 100% facts and I cannot find anything untrue about it.



The co-host of a recent top-dollar fundraiser for Sen. John McCain oversaw the payment of roughly $1.7 million to a Colombian paramilitary group that is today designated a terrorist organization by the United States.

Carl H. Lindner Jr., the billionaire Cincinnati businessman, was CEO of Chiquita Brands International from 1984 to 2001, and remained on the company's board of directors until May 2002. Beginning under his tenure, Chiquita executives paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (known by the Spanish acronym AUC), which is described by George Washington University's National Security Archive as an "illegal right-wing anti-guerrilla group tied to many of the country's most notorious civilian massacres."


McCain's $2 million fundraiser

This is a legitimate concern. While people are afraid of Barack Obama for having a funny name and being a little bit darker than the rest of the candidates, the McCain campaign is literally accepting money from those who fund terrorism. Imagine if Obama had accepted money from the President of Iran!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by evanmontegarde]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by evanmontegarde]


where are all the obama haters for this one... well evan...since i'm the 1st person to answer you, you know where the mind set is on this board



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
by the way...nice find evan...i wonder where all those self-rightous right-wingers are. they must gladly accept this. it's just fine if mccain accepts this money right? right? no outrage, business as usual, move along now.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


and this is why they do not post one comment...because they know if no one responds, it will quickly be pushed down off the board. so they don't give a d-mn where mccain gets his money. maybe osama bin laden can send in a contribution, or the illuminati, or the bilderbegers...it won't matter to the right...as long as we talk about obama wearing, or not wearing a flag lapel pin...now thats a REAL ISSUE!!!!!



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Typical Right-wing.... do as I say, not as I do... WOW... thanks for the find..... but his supporters will keep their heads in the sand as they continue with GB



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1
 


yup, your right starwatcher, truth hurts and they really don't want any part of that in this election...at least where it applies to their canidate. what logical, reasonable people they turned out to be. makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with right wing/ left wing, as is always said around here on ATS. Really, though. This is nothing but a statement, and a general one about the majority of politicians everywhere at any level of authority. While people are quibbling about the left or right, people from each side are selling their soul and loving every minute of it.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The sound of silence is music to my ears

All that mud slung about with accusations that Obama was taking dirty money - though - no proof


and then along came the big bad wolf, and he huffed and he puffed, and he gave 2 million to McCain



what say you now, mr. republican?



yeah....we thougth so



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
LOL just like the OP said. No comments so they hope this thread dies... what a joke.... What they are not saying says volumes



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Don't waste your votes! A vote for Demostooges or Republistooges is never going to change anything. Each one is alternately worse than the other and neither of them will do America any good.

We need to start throwing a monkey wrench into the plans of the elite by not electing those that others have chosen for us. Even though you vote in the primaries, the candidates are always chosen by the delegates, not the voters.

The Democrats and Republicans are two criminal gangs who have conspired against the American people while enriching themselves and their criminal enterprises with the blood, sweat, and tears of the hard working American Taxpayers.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The Democrats and Republicans are two criminal gangs who have conspired against the American people while enriching themselves and their criminal enterprises with the blood, sweat, and tears of the hard working American Taxpayers.


Dare I say I feel Hope with Obama?



Ron Paul 2008 - America's Freedom



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Another made up story about mcain from the leftists......


Keep 'm coming. That is what you guys are good at.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
First off

its not made up


second off - give me one other 'credible' made up story about mccain




nice try.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Another made up story about mcain from the leftists......


Keep 'm coming. That is what you guys are good at.


What's "made up" about this?

The fact that Carl Lindner, Jr.'s company funded a group designated as terrorists while he was on the board of directors?

The fact that Carl Lindner Jr. held a $2 million fundraiser for McCain?

The fact that Carl Lindner Jr. is on McCain's campaign staff?

Just the facts here, folks.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is pretty weak. McCain can't control who donates or raises money for him, their actions he is not responsible for. If a football player on a football team goes and has dog fights, is the coach of that team somehow responsible? Of course not, it's the player that did it not the coach.

Ron Paul has had white supremacists donate money to him. So what? He can't control that. Obama has had black supremacists donate money to him. So what? He can't control it either.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A.)he does not have to accept the money


B.) how do you account for the fact that the head of this terroist funding organization is on McCains staff?



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Doesn't Obama pal around with some loser that liked to set off bombs in NYC police stations, etc?

So it's OK to be friends with them, but just don't take any money?



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
what in the hell are you talking about?

Define this 'loser who set off bombs'

if you're true, then you've found something i havent, and i must read up on it.



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
He's referring to William Ayers - And that is a legitimate concern.

However, taking $200 for a senate campaign in 2001 is not exactly the same as taking $2 million for a Presidential campaign in 2008.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

Check the facts



posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
wow. Shocking :shk:

first off - i never realized it until you mentioned the 200 dollars


second off

LOL

this is entirely different.

If you fail to see the significance of 200 dollars vs 2,000,000 dollars, then all i have to say is

nice to meet ya, rainman.


how much is a candy bar?


about a hundred dollars.....ya


[edit on 7/2/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]





 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join