It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Accept Obama as Your New President if He Wins the Election?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

while i am for the preserveration of our constitutional rights and the republic that was bought for us by the blood of our forefathers, i must say that i do not rejoice in any way in the shedding of human blood. i will die for my country and what it was meant to stand for should it, god forbid, come to that, but i don't see me killing for it. however, we were only discussing what is to come about in november......... that happens in a voting booth and may i recommend, should always be your first choice in being heard. do the research....... there is a candidate that stands for what this country was originally intended to be..... he just doesn't have all the glitz and glammer of an entertainer.

funny that you would draw my name into this while remaining anonymous.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I think the 2 cents you invested earlier just increased up to priceless.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I for one do not believe armed revolution is the way ....yet. I still hold out hope that this revolution can be fought intelligently, but I would be a liar if I said that hope was not slipping away. That is why I have asked in this thread several times...what are you willing to sacrifice for your freedom? Are you willing to be ridiculed? Slandered? Assaulted? Are you willing to put your daily life aside for one day to march on the Capitol? Are you willing to be put on the "no fly list"? Are you willing to be heard regardless of what the consequences are?

It is my opinion that before armed Revolution can begin there will have to be sacrifices made. People will have to be jailed, beaten, and maybe even killed first. If you go off half cocked screaming Revolution with a machine gun in your hand you look more like a loon than a Patriot.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
willing to take a life? not so much for me, but i am a woman w/ sensitive feelings and all
. but i will always stand for this country on my feet..... november being no exception to that. i will never run and hide or fear what others say. i believe in what was done for this country and i am grateful.

edited to say: back on topic, should obama become president, nothing so much changes in my life for the time being. just kind of waiting to see what happens and trying to keep up morale! all hope is not lost.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If Obama can show me how during his first term in office, he plans to lower the price of gas to under $2 per gallon, withdraw our troops from Iraq, lower the national debt, and provide an ironclad gaurantee that he will not place individuals like Rev. Wright, Al Sharpton or Louis Farrakhan in his cabinet.. I'll consider voting for him. Fair enough?

[edit on 7/2/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

No offense LLoyd, but not everything is about money. I don't think that $4.00 a gallon of gas is our problem. It is the result of our inability to believe in ourselves and think that we cannot do better.

Remember that? I find the diversity of out country to be our greatest asset and not a hindrance as some anonymous poster would like us to believe.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Perhaps all these folks are right. Maybe we should continue believing that we have a voice in who our leaders are and where they're taking us. Maybe we should wait awhile longer until the pot gets a little hotter before we jump out. Maybe we should just give the Republicans and Democrats a little more time to secure the border, stop driving the economy and the average citizen into ruin, take away our guns and other defenses, eliminate talk radio.

Yes, maybe I was a little hasty. Maybe we haven't really seen this country dragged into the toilet for the last 45 years. Maybe if we just keep hoping and dreaming, the corporate/government/media complex will let us keep some of our freedoms. Maybe we should just see what happens this election after O'Cain or McBama is made our supreme leader. Maybe all our enemies, including those in America, will begin to love us and stop trying to kill us.

Yes, I see now that I was wrong. Things are getting better all the time. Hail to our leaders, our elected servants! Praise to our benevolent keepers! Let us elect and protect them until the day we die. Let us not lift a surly thought toward them, or believe for a minute they are our enemies. Hoorah! for multiculturalism, environmentalism, globalism! I am converted. I will now take my seat among the Hopeful, the Patient, the Assuaged. All is well. All is well.

And now - to sleep.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
reply to post by LLoyd45

No offense LLoyd, but not everything is about money. I don't think that $4.00 a gallon of gas is our problem. It is the result of our inability to believe in ourselves and think that we cannot do better.
Unfortunately, money does makes the World go round.

Try to tell the minimum wage worker money isn't important when he or she must choose between filling their tank up with gas or putting food on the table for their family. You can believe in yourself all you like, but believing won't fill the bellies of your hungry children.. money will.

Remember that? I find the diversity of out country to be our greatest asset and not a hindrance as some anonymous poster would like us to believe.
Diversity is great, but what does it have to do with solving some of the real issues facing Americans today like high gas prices, inflation, homelessness, etc.?

I want a candidate with some real solutions to these problems, not a lot of empty promises of Hope, change, and unity.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by allgoodnamesaretaken

I have never felt a more painful sarcasm as that. I ask only one thing. What is your alternative? No government? We had that at one time before recorded history. Unfortunately, we didn't record anything so we don't know anything about it and we can't learn a damn thing from it.

In any case it will be and could never be anything that we have experienced in the United States of America. We value our freedom. We value our past. That is something that you will not understand nor take away.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by allgoodnamesaretaken

i won't give it all away as it is sooo much fun to learn these things on your own, but not all was fought w/ weapons of war when our founding fathers seperated from england. you must not be ready to cry "war" at the first feelings of frustration. we see this all throughout history that quite often good things were done for the whole of the ppl bc of a cool head and a little charm
. never underestimate the power of charm

right now there is a candidate out there that does support everything we would like for this country to go back to. again, you will not find him quite as easily as the two main ones, but his beliefs and his stance for the ppl are clear despite the fact that he isn't a brad pitt look alike and no, he doesn't possess the tongue of slick willy.

but his words ring truth and there is wisdom in the outlook he has for this country. took me awhile myself to get over the hopeless feeling, but if all the ppl that felt hopeless would look up, they would see their chance at redeeming this country.

as i said before, HE in and of himself is NOT the answer........ and that is the beauty of it. he knows this, which is while he doesn't feel the need to defend himself or have a hoop-la surrounding him.

ultimately, the decision is not up to him, obama, or mccain where this country is going to go. the decision is up to us. i can't at this point in all honestly say "and if worse comes to worse.." i am just waiting to see what happens after the winner is announced. then i guess what happens will be determined.

that's what i think so many fail to miss... it isn't up to the elite. ultimately whatever happens, it lies in the hands of the ppl.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
NO..... the the thread title.... he is nothing mor than a puppet and is so full of s**t his eyes r brown.... lol but seriously he is owned by the elitist of the world

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
hal9000

"" If the majority of the people choose a candidate that will reverse many of the current policies then maybe it is time to do that. ""

So, the majority are gonna vote ,Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura?

cool...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Do you really care what the rest of the world thinks of us? Let me tell you something, they have never like the US, they have tried to use us, exploit us and fight their wars by proxy.

The rest of the world wants our power and resouces end of story. Who the hell cares what the rest of the worlds thinks about us? What do you think about Shri Lanka? Does it matter to them?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I believe that if you claim to stand by the Constitution of the United States, there is no question. Having been elected MEANS he is accepted as President.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
If Obama can show me how during his first term in office, he plans to lower the price of gas to under $2 per gallon, withdraw our troops from Iraq, lower the national debt, and provide an ironclad gaurantee that he will not place individuals like Rev. Wright, Al Sharpton or Louis Farrakhan in his cabinet.. I'll consider voting for him. Fair enough?

[edit on 7/2/08 by LLoyd45]

This annoys me about you. Why would you think Obama would bring in Rev. Wright, Al Sharpton or Louis Farrakhan in his cabinet. That is just plain stupid. for what..what would he gain from it. To take over the world for Black People. # man..stop this stupidness..

whoever came up with this one drop rule is crazy. Obama is half black and half white and should not be called BLACK as he is in the media. What about his white mother and grandparents that help to grow him into the man he is today. Did you ever consider that something must have happened to him for him to lean more towards black than white? In your eyes and the media eyes he's black so what do you want him to do. Pretend to be white and go into an all white church (not that there's anything wrong with that). He chose Reverend Wright church because he might have been accepted (who knows). If you can prove to me that Reverend Wright Cursed America Every single week on the pulpit than I have to agree that Obama is a fool in that sense. But I don't see why you would think he would choose someone like Rev. Wright, Al Sharpton or Louis Farrakhan to be in his cabinet. You sir are an idiot.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by walkinghomer]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

cool...

Wishful thinking, and if they had a chance I would back them.

At this point we need someone that will reverse those policies like reinstating habeas corpus and Obama has promised to do that.

Obama Says Gitmo Facility Should Close

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I haven't answered as yet because my answer is obvious. Of course I will accept it if Obama becomes president. That's what I want. But then I asked myself if I would accept McCain as the president... And that brings up another question. What do you mean by accept?

Even if McCain were to be elected, and it is shown the majority of the people wanted him as their next president, I would accept that and hope he will change his mind and bring our troops home from Iraq. It will not be the end of the world. There will be those that will not accept it, and will continue to complain and point out every weakness.

And if that's what you mean, then I will be one of those who will not "accept" McCain as the president and I will continue to complain and point out his weaknesses. I know myself. And I know that's how I have been with George Bush. So unless McCain morphs back into the John McCain of several years ago before he actually merges with Bush... Unless he becomes the man that I used to like, I will not accept him and I will complain about what he's doing to the country.

But if Obama is president, yes, I'll accept it. I won't agree with him all the time, but I'll accept it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

cool...

At this point we need someone that will reverse those policies like reinstating habeas corpus and Obama has promised to do that.

just a fact. many a men running have promised to do "blah blah blah" and failed to do so once in office. you are buying into his promises when he has done nothing to earn your trust.

i have researched and posted was has been cited as "accomplishments" by him and his fan base. some of the results i even posted. most of his so called accomplishments are merely useless or failed and/or fizzled... and yet he is still placing them on his website as accomplishments.

already he is lying. and you still trust him to bring about what he says?

i will give you this. i trust that he will do some of what he has listed in his issues.... expand the government, raise our taxes, take our $$ and give it to whomever he "deems" fit and then take the credit for it, work to erase individuality, expand vague laws making them even more dangerous to the common citizen. these things ARE listed under his issues that he will support and i do trust him to fulfill each and everyone of these promises.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

cool...

just a fact. many a men running have promised to do "blah blah blah" and failed to do so once in office. you are buying into his promises when he has done nothing to earn your trust.

i have researched and posted was has been cited as "accomplishments" by him and his fan base. some of the results i even posted. most of his so called accomplishments are merely useless or failed and/or fizzled... and yet he is still placing them on his website as accomplishments.

already he is lying. and you still trust him to bring about what he says?

i will give you this. i trust that he will do some of what he has listed in his issues.... expand the government, raise our taxes, take our $$ and give it to whomever he "deems" fit and then take the credit for it, work to erase individuality, expand vague laws making them even more dangerous to the common citizen. these things ARE listed under his issues that he will support and i do trust him to fulfill each and everyone of these promises.

I'm confused. I read in another thread that you are on the fence and wanted people to help you decide as you have not made up your mind.

My question is, what fence are you on? I don't think the fence is even up yet. Its probably still on the floor of mccains garage waiting to be put up.

But yet from your constant attack on obama I believe you are on the fence, only the fence is in mccains garage. Don't take me for a fool. Its clear you support Mccain which is ok but please don't pretend. You should be proud to support a man who fought for his country.

I'm clear. No to Obama, No to Mccain and Yes to Paul but if I had to chose between Obama and Mccain I would choose Obama. No fence! No Fence..

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hello BH,

As far as what I meant by "accept", I meant to support the person that the majority of the people elect. Kind of like the democratic party uniting under Obama because he won the nomination. I went further and asked that if Obama was elected, that would show that the majority of the people do not want to follow the right wing agenda and prefer a more peaceful approach to world politics. If this is what the majority of the people want then those who don't agree should accept it and go along with our decision.

This election isn't just about electing a man to an office, it is a statement about the direction we want to take as a country. I hope that clears things up.

As far as McCain goes, I agree he is not the same man he was prior to the 2000 election. Joe Leiberman is another politician that has morphed into something else and wouldn't you know it, they are very good friends. Both of them seem to have changed and are now willing to continue the right wing agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join