It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep your hands to yourself McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Evidently - McCains mother never taught him this lesson. Looks like he's at it again.

McCain was down at the end of the table and we were talking to the head of the guerilla group here at this end of the table and I don't know what attracted my attention," Cochran said. "But I saw some kind of quick movement at the bottom of the table and I looked down there and John had reached over and grabbed this guy by the shirt collar and had snatched him up like he was throwing him up out of the chair to tell him what he thought about him or whatever. I don't know what he was telling him but I thought, good grief, everybody around here has got guns and we were there on a diplomatic mission. I don't know what had happened to provoke John but he obviously got mad at the guy and he just reached over there and snatched him."

source

i wonder when McCain's temper will go too far, and people will finally see him for what he is?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This happened 21 years ago. So how is he at it again??? Do you have an example of him doing something similar since?

How many people on ATS are going to bother looking at the source of this "snippet" and realize this?

I guess I did my public service for the day!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Does it really matter when it happened when you compare it to all his other outbursts of infantile rage?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Does it really matter when it happened when you compare it to all his other outbursts of infantile rage?

Such as? Hopefully it is something a little more recent than 21 years ago.

Is getting angry about something important to you really that bad. Getting angry shows passion, and we definately need someone with passion to run the country.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
gee, this is getting nit picky. You mean to tell me someone never made you so angry that you went off on them. The source goes on to tell you that he didn't know the reason for it. I understand that McCain had no fear in dealing with these people despite the fact that they had guns. Seems like everybody want to take everything Obama or McCain says out of context.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
hehe,
well being as how ill be entering a debate on obama vs mccain real soon, i wont reveal too many secrets until then about McCains volatile temper

but in the mean time, since you know that i know that you know all of the examples of which i speak of - you can Click Here
and read up for yourself.

Keep an eye out in the debate forum

its going to be a good one

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
gee, this is getting nit picky. You mean to tell me someone never made you so angry that you went off on them. The source goes on to tell you that he didn't know the reason for it. I understand that McCain had no fear in dealing with these people despite the fact that they had guns. Seems like everybody want to take everything Obama or McCain says out of context.

oh yeah, many people have done so.

However, its never resorted to physical violence.
It's never resorted to racial slurs
It's never resorted to sexist comments or wife-beating jokes

McCain is out of control. Will it take a "oops i bombed them, im so sorry" until you realize it?

Another Bush.

Well, im sorry, i thought he had WMD's....guess i was wrong.....

Cmon, do a little bit of critical thinking and realize McCain is an angry old man who'll be screaming for little kids to get off his lawn by the time this election is over.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

But just a bit of advice. Bringing up trivial bits of info from 21 years ago is not the best way to go. Do you really want your opponent bringing up what Hussein Obama was doing 21 years ago? Think about that for a second.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hmm,
well, i can tell you he wasn't physically assaulting people
I can tell you he wasnt using racial slurs

What was he doing 21 years ago?

Maybe he should have been thinking to himself

"maybe i shouldnt attend an all black church, because white conservatives will use it against me in 21 years"

How many times has this rabble been brought up?

A church vs. Phsyical assault, verbal spousal abuse...hmm...yeah :shk:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I replied to those in the patriotism thread. No doubt your an Obama supporter and I respect that like I respect the McCain supporter. I just feel that too many people are trying to slander both candidates on words or actions that are taking out of context. Could you please tell me how Obama will pay for all of his programs and promises if he is elected President? This would be a more relevant issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
John MCcain is a grumpy old bastard if elected would die in office due to natural causes. He reminds me of the cliché old man yelling at little kids with his temper. I for one am not going to vote for him, not simply because of that but for other reasons as well : )

Best Regards,
Richie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Taken out of context?

How can you take a racial slur out of context?

How can you take a "i beat my wife" joke out of context

how can you take repeated "f-bombs" on the senate floor, out of context?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jam321

Taken out of context?

How can you take a racial slur out of context?

How can you take a "i beat my wife" joke out of context

how can you take repeated "f-bombs" on the senate floor, out of context?

You can't

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
can you all hear that?

Ahh

Silence

The unequivocal sound that lets you know when the opposition knows they got beat

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie
John MCcain is a grumpy old bastard if elected would die in office due to natural causes. He reminds me of the cliché old man yelling at little kids with his temper.

You know, I have stood up to ageism about John, but, lately I've had remorse.
Re McCain suggesting he and Obama should tour Iraq together. Reminds me when my grandmother asked me to go with her to Ireland
McCain wants to "educate" that whippersnapper about Iraq.
Re McCain saying Obama should "cut loose" Clark. I can remember my grandmother gladly sharing her opinions about what people should do, like people I would date.

He's starting to sound like my grandparents did when I was growing up. Maybe he is a little too old for the job, in this day and age. Not understanding computers, internet. Ok, maybe I shouldn't hold that against him, but claiming to not understand the economy...that's a trifle more important.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
People can scream and holler all they want about McCain anger. I am sure Obama or any other other person can get angry just as quickly if the conditions are right. I defend Obama on certain issues and I defend McCain on certain issues. I'm just tired of seeing a lot of people trying to convince people to vote for their candidate by twisting the facts or acting like the other candidate does no wrong. All I want to know, and many of you from both sides sidestep the question every time, is what each one will do, how they will do, what are the benefits and what are the consequences.
Could you please tell me how Obama or McCain will pay for all of his programs and promises if he is elected President? This would be a more relevant issue rather than arguing about what he called people during the war, or used f-words, which is very common among society today, or any other matter along that line.
Furthermore, most people think the next President will lead us to hell, depending on who you are for. May I remind you that a President is only powerful if Congress goes along with his ideas. Amazing how many people blame the President for everything but yet Congress is the one that passes the laws.
I will say it again if Obama or McCain really feel that their plan is the best hope for America then why did they wait till now to reveal those plans? They should have been introduced in the Senate. And you expect me to believe that either candidate will return us to our glory days..yeah right.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
People can scream and holler all they want about McCain anger. I am sure Obama or any other other person can get angry just as quickly if the conditions are right.

Everyone gets angry. Its not about "not getting angry". Its about how you handle that anger. If you blindly lash back with a sort of violent vengeance, then how are you suited to be POTUS? Do we really want John Wayne to be president here? Someone who will hip shoot you for disagreeing with him? Cmon

I'm just tired of seeing a lot of people trying to convince people to vote for their candidate by twisting the facts or acting like the other candidate does no wrong.

If you are referring to any of my posts, i ask you to prove, in one single post, how i've twisted the facts. Explain to me how i've twisted anything. McCain physically assaults someone. Fact. "mccain, take your hands off" ... how does that twist anything?

Could you please tell me how Obama or McCain will pay for all of his programs and promises if he is elected President? This would be a more relevant issue rather than arguing about what he called people during the war, or used f-words, which is very common among society today, or any other matter along that line.

There are already threads that answer this question. So by your assertions, one should only create a new thread if it covers how they'll pay for something? This is a debate. You use FACTS to discredit those in opposition. If i was slinging mud, then you'd have an argument.

John McCain has a temper: Fact
He's let his temper get the best of him (many times) fact
He's used racial slurs that he refuses to take back: Fact
He's phsyically assaulted people more than one occasion : fact

vs.

Obama is muslim: false and irrelevant. Who cares what his religion is
Obama is the antichrist: false
Obama's birth certificate is fake: unconfirmed. Though the facts lean towards false

I will say it again if Obama or McCain really feel that their plan is the best hope for America then why did they wait till now to reveal those plans? They should have been introduced in the Senate. And you expect me to believe that either candidate will return us to our glory days..yeah right.

I dont expect you to believe anything. Obviously you are closed to the idea that you may be wrong. I give you credit for not siding with either candidate, but you still seem to be avoiding the facts.

I ask you again - if you assert that my posts are "twisting the facts" i challenge you to find one thread i've started about McCain that the facts have been twisted.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have been doing some research on McCain's temper and it's no less than legendary. I absolutely do not want this man in th Oval Office.

top topics

join