It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had MASSIVE Deja Vu!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Okay, so I was just typing a response in a thread about whether children make parents happy or not.... and when I finished and posted it, I tripped over myself about twelve times when I read the post again... becausse it felt like... no I KNEW.... I'd typed that EXACT same post at least THREE different times before.

I don't like that feeling. I don't like what it implies. Does it imply that we've had multiple precognitions about it possibly in our dreams.... OR

Does it imply that we're stuck in a time loop? (this is the nightmare scenario....that we're bound to forever repeat one life)

OR does it imply that at that exact moment, you became aware of multiple probability splits of the timeline at that point???

EDIT: OR does it just imply that creation itsself is repetative?

OR can I just be going crazy? Or am I onto something huge...or at least fully admitting to myself that huge something...possibly that huge everything?

VERY CURIOUS!!!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Kewl!

What an experience to have, lucky you.

I think our dreams are actually links to our other selves in other timelines only due to the intricate detail of my dreams. I too get deja vu and wonder what's up with that.

Someday we'll figure things out.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
"Just had MASSIVE Deja Vu!!!!" take some pepto, oh wait thats not for massive deja vu.. yeah ive had deja vu before, and it bothers me for awhile, then i get over it...i have no idea why anyone has deja vu.....we can do nothing but speculate.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I always thought of Deja Vu as being a reminder that "you are exactly where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to do". I think it means your are following God's divine path, whether you notice it or not, you are doing exactly what God planned for you.

That's just the way I look at it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I had a real bad case of Deja Vu last night while I was helping my mother at the fireworks stand. Same convo, I was sitting the same way, same fireworks...but I could damn swear .... Hell, it was even complete with when I said "omg deja vu" because I could swear I said that before as well... Strange

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No no I think I know... I'm damn sure I do. I've just always wondered if this is the information I want to hear.... but then again, it's not always relevant what you want to hear, in the light of the truth.

I am aware that the pattern is already set... and like an interactive TV set or a pair of 3D goggles... God is watching us... if ya get my drizzle?

EDIT: interesting to note... I posted this at exactly 11:11 by my clock, which was freaky.

Hey chiiru... it's the indy.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
LOL!!!!

The way I see it, you know the mirrors in the haircutters place? one on the front, one on the back, and you can see infinite reflections of yourself...
I think a deja vu opens up dimensions/parallels like that mirror. God knows how many times I've sat at that counter and said OMG Deja Vu? Infinitely?
But it was only at that time, so how many universes have me doing that?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Quick question: How much sleep have you had lately, and how much time do you spen on ATS>
I dunno about other folks, but the more tired I get, the more instances of Deja Vu i get. Why? I have a fairly repetative schdule at time. And lets face it, if you've been on ATS pretty often, you've probably seen the same threads cycle over again.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've been having some trouble sleeping, I'll admit.

That does not explain away deja vu.

Chiiru... you said it precisely.

Deja Vu is infinity calling, I believe.

We are all the Creator and the Created at the same time, because there is no separation.

What would happen if we all awoke to that fact?

Tune in!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I always thought of Deja Vu as being a reminder that "you are exactly where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to do". I think it means your are following God's divine path, whether you notice it or not, you are doing exactly what God planned for you.

Or perhaps your deja-vu happens when your personal world-line has been reset to an earlier point in time, and it's a little hint to not make the same mistake twice. See, if you cite an external epistemological context like that, there's no way to tell for sure whether your assumptions are clever or silly.

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Does it imply that we're stuck in a time loop?

Dunno, but if you start seeing the number '3' everywhere, remember you have to both use the tractor beam and explosively decompress the main shuttle-bay.

Edit: Tractor beam, not maneuvering thrusters. Yes, I researched it.

Also: check this very funny video out, if you haven't seen it yet:
The Moebius

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

am i the only one who has deja vous all the time i get a couple a week sometimes twice a day not often though i though everyone gets them all the time it cant just be me and about 75% of my deja vous experiences i can remember from my dreams

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have been walking in a store a few tims and had Deja Vu, and my knees buckle!! It only happens in thrift store/drug store type places.

It always gives me a euphoria type feeling

[edit on 7/10/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Usually when i get them i get a feeling of dread like something bad is about to happen and this should be my 'wake up' call.
A few years ago i too got them several times a day, i once got a job working for a particular place where i knew i'd met everyone there before, ALL their faces were familiar to me, was like the whole time i was at the job it was deja vu.
Researching it years later on the net i read that brain scientists were looking into the possibility of it being a memory disfunction, ALL their faces were familiar to me, was like the whole time i was at the job it was deja vu, Usually when i get them i get a feeling of dread like something bad is about to happen and this should be my 'wake up' call.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Let me put it like this;

There are two realities we are capable of perceiving.

The first is the one we see and study, the one which has given us physical laws and a mathematical understanding of the universe.

The second is the one that is the culmination of the human brain, and everything the brain is capable of.

Because we do not know precisely how the brain interacts with the exterior reality that is the first, there is a conflict there which can lead to misunderstandings and confusing contradictions.

That said, i can't shake the feeling of deja-vu - i wouldn't so much call our existence repetitive, but our awareness of the first existence*.

See how it works?

The mind can only comprehend it's place in the second existence, but it cannot comprehend how it exists within the first.

It's all very dimensional when you get down to the basics.

*It would have been better for me to refer to thw two existences as "Part A" and "Part B", now that i think about it.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I understand what you are saying...

but how can you explain the MASSIVE deja vu, where it doesn't only feel like you've done this before.... but it feels like you've always been doing this into infinity?

Whenever I get this feeling, it's like I can picture the same moment repeating over and over again into this infinite never-ending spiral.... YES like a fractal.

The sense of dread is what really gets me, because it's like in that instant, I know what I really don't ever want to know.

Are we stuck in this loop until we "get it right", perhaps?

I feel like reality has snapped and that I'm actually in a psychotic version of Hell, where it all seems fine, until the dreadful realization hits you that "Oh... I get it.... this is Hell."

I hope it is just a warning. Sometimes it seems that way. The last time I had deja vu before this episode I have been referring to was even more massive. Reality did snap for a minute or so. It seemed like it was a warning. I was in the presence of some unscrupulous characters, pretending to be my friends again... and I wasn't sure I was comfortable with them being around... and then that happened, and I freaked out and forced them to leave. One of those people tried to kill me twice (don't ask), and the other one is this girl that sleeps around a lot, regardless of who she hurts.

I've broken contact with them since then. It was just too heavy to ignore.
Turns out I was right about what I thought they were doing together.

I guess the feeling that comes with deja vu is also important as to how you respond to it. I don't think you should ever ignore them just because scientists are trying to cover their asses about something they can't explain... something so much bigger than their small slice of "knowledge", that they couldn't really be called experts anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Are we stuck in this loop until we "get it right", perhaps?

You have infinite opportunity to get it right, because it's not a loop.

It's more like a spiral, which would explain your feeling of deja vu while staying in the context of my explanation of our dual existence.

The question is; do you want to travel anti-clockwise, or clockwise?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I understand what you are saying...

but how can you explain the MASSIVE deja vu, where it doesn't only feel like you've done this before.... but it feels like you've always been doing this into infinity?

Whenever I get this feeling, it's like I can picture the same moment repeating over and over again into this infinite never-ending spiral.... YES like a fractal.

Yes i think i've had that, i've had a deja vu where i knew i'd had deja vu in the deja vu....upto about four iterations....and then lost it, but i could well imagine it as infinite, deja vu of a deja vu of a deja vu to infintum.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh man....

Anti Tyrant, you're reading my mind. Oh wait that's because I.M.U.

Singularity!

Hey it's cool. I finally got over the lingering sense of dread.

It all culminated while I was dreaming a few days ago. I suddenly realized that I was in a dream, and that's never happened before without me realizing it while waking up the very instant I realize it. I realized I was in a dream, because I was in my bathroom with a friend I haven't hung out with in years, and he was psychotically smiling and doing weird movements with like a bunch of rulers in his hands, and then my mom came in and smiled, and then walked through a wall, and I was like "wait, that's completely nonsensical.... AHA!!! I'm in a dream!"

I realized that there wasn't much time left, now that I realized I was in a dream... but everything was sticking, so I was hurriedly like "If this is a dream, then I wish to have sex with... PAM ANDERSON! (first girl that popped into my head)" and I looked around and nobody appeared. So I walked out into the family room, and there was this super hot blonde girl who definitely wasn't Pam Anderson (I was like... muuuuch better than Pam Anderson, thank God. She's gross.)... So yeah, I did the deed... and it was good.... and then I woke up.... and ever since then, everything has been so bright and cheery, even though nothing outwardly changed.

Inwardly, though.... I feel as though there's a sun inside me just getting brighter and brighter, turning from dull yellow to a bright silvery white... and things are just getting really cool for some reason. My creativity has just shot through the roof since that night.... and I've written like at least a dozen epic songs in the past 4 days.

It's crazy....

I guess, in the end, deja vu is all about the feeling associated with it. If it feels familiar in a good way, let it happen. If it feels like a bad loop, do something to change it. Sounds about right?

new topics

top topics

join