It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to Photoshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hello I am new to below top secret. Could someone maybe give me a quick guide to making an avatar is photoshop. I'm not looking for pictures or anything. Mainly how to get the ATS symbol in there. Some of the avatars are really great.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Sure. Here is the abovetop secret logo as provided by SkepticOverlord:

Simply create you a new document in photoshop with a resolution of 72dpi (standard for web graphics) and the size needs to be 160 x 320 pixels maximum.

Once you have this document sized to specifications above, think about what you would like your avatar to be and design from there. It's all personal preference after that my friend.

To get that abovetop secret logo in there, open it up in Photoshop and go to Image>Mode>RGB to change it from an Indexed Gif to a RGB image. Then select the move tool by hitting the "V" key on your keyboard and drag it over to your avatar document and drop it. It should add the ATS logo to a new layer in your document. You can then hit Ctrl+T to bring up the transform box around the ATS logo. Hold Alt+Shift and drag on the corners of the ATS logo to scale it proportionally from the center. When you have it the size you want, hit Enter. Simple as that!

If you need help I will be glad to help you on this. Just U2U me or ask!

Good Luck friend.

Hatter

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks a lot
....I hope I can get this work, I haven't used photo shop since the early days.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All good tips from Mad_Hatter.

On a Mac you can drag the logo directly from your web-browser window into a Photoshop window. That will automatically change the color mode of the logo to mach your image. Don't know if it works on a PC though.

Also, if you don't want don't the white in the logo, you can go to the layers palette and change the blending mode (the pull down menu on the palette) to multiply instead of the default normal.

This will make all white areas transparent.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Go check out Good tutorials and Team Photoshop my 2 favourite sites on the net for finding in depth tutorials for photoshopping

top topics

join