It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect Bush to Attack Iran--To Help McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nothing would help McCain more than a new international crisis.

Now I'm not saying Obama would do a bad job in foreign affairs. But right or wrong, I think people perceive McCain as being tougher on Iran.

If Bush were to launch a military strike on Iran shortly before the presidential election, I think it would serve the presidency to McCain on a silver platter.

Now Bush would make the arguement that the time was right, we couldn't wait any longer, or that Iran had its chances. . .

Please note that I'm not debating here who will handle Iran better: Obama or McCain--I'm offering a tactic that a Republican president may use to help a fellow Republican out.

I really hope the president does not resort to such a tactic. I hope the election remains a relatively even playing field.

What I wonder is--Is our president capable of such a tactic? Would such a tactic work to help McCain?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Only problem is if US decides to do this, US economy will fail and US will go bankrupcy and with all things that follow..

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
yes, but the GOP doesn't care.

all throughout US history, the GOP has played the role of the "robber barrons"

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't know who the people are you are referring to, but if Bush did this I sure as hell wouldn't vote for more of the same.

new topics

top topics

join