It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Expect Bush to Attack Iran--To Help McCain

page: 1

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
Nothing would help McCain more than a new international crisis.

Now I'm not saying Obama would do a bad job in foreign affairs. But right or wrong, I think people perceive McCain as being tougher on Iran.

If Bush were to launch a military strike on Iran shortly before the presidential election, I think it would serve the presidency to McCain on a silver platter.

Now Bush would make the arguement that the time was right, we couldn't wait any longer, or that Iran had its chances. . .

Please note that I'm not debating here who will handle Iran better: Obama or McCain--I'm offering a tactic that a Republican president may use to help a fellow Republican out.

I really hope the president does not resort to such a tactic. I hope the election remains a relatively even playing field.

What I wonder is--Is our president capable of such a tactic? Would such a tactic work to help McCain?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:39 AM
Only problem is if US decides to do this, US economy will fail and US will go bankrupcy and with all things that follow..

Best regards

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
yes, but the GOP doesn't care.

all throughout US history, the GOP has played the role of the "robber barrons"

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
I don't know who the people are you are referring to, but if Bush did this I sure as hell wouldn't vote for more of the same.

new topics