It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Wish That We Show Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have no doubts that this has featured on this site.

ET Message

It's the first ime I've seen it. I've not managed to digest it's authenticity though I thought it was quite well written.
What's the general concensus?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here’s my 2 cents.

Someone with too much time and too much of an imagination wrote it.

Best regards,
Richie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It lost all credibility to me when the message said it was channeled.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

Lol, the worst......

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

Yep, THATS the deal breaker.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My take on this --- there was nothing to loose by reading, taking a moment, visualizing, and expressing my desire for them to SHOW UP! It's certainly not the first time I've done so by a long shot.

Thanks, OP, for bringing it to our attention

Something strikes me about this...... I noticed the British spelling of certain words. No big deal, but it made me wonder if this very same "message" had been disseminated in ALL native languages. If it has been, and it reads the same, with the same inflections, I'd consider that evidence of its validity. I just did a search for the paper, and didn't find it in any other language but English. Doesn't mean it's not there though. If something like this were indeed valid, I'd think that it would be a nearly simeultaneous delivery to the globe, using the language of each people.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just as I thought.

It does provoke a few thoughts I have to say. Looking through history mankind has always intervined in almost every other living creature's way of life whether by hunting, experimentation or education. Only recently have we been promoting the fact that we are not the only species governing the planet. (not that we practice what we preach of course).

I began to wonder that if wewere being watched by ET life and they could see how corrupt the world is becoming - The billions controlled by the few - how would they intervine themselves?

We all like to believe that the government or Illuminati (not the same I know) have all the answers locked away or at least access to them so surely and ET's would want to avoid it coming via any such organisation.

Quite rightly though, not everyone would choose this reality, the same way as not everyone chooses to believe we're being ruled by a rebadged Nazi regime.

If they are of a higher conciousness how do they get their message to us in a way where we don't simply write it off as pure nonsence? We just slag it off and shout Where's the physical evidence?. Is this not the whole point of the letter? Not everyone is prepared to face it.

It's an interesting topic whether it's fake or not. Again, it's a well thought out hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
If something like this were indeed valid, I'd think that it would be a nearly simeultaneous delivery to the globe, using the language of each people.

I thought the exact same actually.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
it has been featured on the site before. regardless, and this may be the "control freak" aka momma in me, but i am having a hard time w/ the idea of, whether religion or a message like this, placing control into another's hand.

be careful what you invite, bc you just might get it and it might not be what you were hoping for. remember, evil will often appear as a helpful and beautiful light......... never shows its true colors until you take the bait first.

this kind of reminds me of the stories of the BEK's (black eyed kids); and whether those stories are real or not, it just reminds me to be careful not to accept every invite, especially the ones that appear to be helping for nothing (in these types of cases of course).

a saviour of mine is just gonna have to jump in for the rescue, not bc i invited it/him/her/whatever, but bc it knows the situation is dire and that my heart is in the right place.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It was very well written; although the gramatical English missed in a couple of spots. You would think the messengers with that insight would make sure the language was correct though. I think the truth of it is there and it would only help to follow this reasoning. I hope they know to imbed it in other countries without high access to the internet. Do we wish them to show up? It's basically the only way the people of earth will take a moment to reflect and say huh, maybe we really need to quit fighting. You know the Governments hope this never happens, then they will have no excuse to stand on the pedistal and preach our goals are more pure than yours.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigveda
You know the Governments hope this never happens, then they will have no excuse to stand on the pedistal and preach our goals are more pure than yours.

i am not saying the government necessarily, but don't be so sure that we aren't being tested to see how willingly we will hand over our control to be "rescued". just a thought

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
[SNIP]

To the OP, thanks for posting as I have not seen this before.

Mod edit: Removed off-topic comment.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Your thread title was misleading for me, yes more of the same, and as J.L. has stated many times in the past here on the forum, "Disclosure is and will continue to be on a personal level."

I know it is frustrating to understand that but it is the best advice given in denial of ignorance.

Some here on the forum have NO doubt, they have seen more than their share of hard evidence, proof what ever your favorite term may be for personal disclosure.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiseToAddiction

It does provoke a few thoughts I have to say. Looking through history mankind has always intervined in almost every other living creature's way of life whether by hunting, experimentation or education. Only recently have we been promoting the fact that we are not the only species governing the planet. (not that we practice what we preach of course).

The difference is that humans are ranked among the super-predators and have always been able to freely intervene among their own ecosystem. We consider ourselves "primitive" because we lack the capabilities to do many things we would like to do. However, the technological difference between now and 500 years ago is very little. Two things have drastically changed the application of that technology - first being industry, second being computers. We're on the verge of discovering ways of traveling faster than light and generating FTL communications - it's only a matter of industry before we are zipping around the universe.

Thus, you don't go into a random bar and start yacking with the guys playing a poker game. Not if you want to live very long, at least. If you are such a badass that you could take on half of a "rough" establishment - you have the discipline and smarts to know how to minimize such risks. Likewise - most aliens that survive to communicate with other species do not start getting tangled up in the sociopolitical climates of other species. It's a really quick way to provoke a hostile response.

I began to wonder that if wewere being watched by ET life and they could see how corrupt the world is becoming - The billions controlled by the few - how would they intervine themselves?

They wouldn't, unless they wanted to suppress our growth industrially and technologically; considering our threat as a developed species to be far greater a threat than us being wholly pissed that they have been messing around in our governments and lives. And if they are attempting to control us, then their intentions are certainly not in our best interest. The most we could expect from them is to keep us from becoming extinct - they would likely keep some alive to study and potentially manipulate in the future.

We all like to believe that the government or Illuminati (not the same I know) have all the answers locked away or at least access to them so surely and ET's would want to avoid it coming via any such organisation.

They would? We don't even know what kind of aliens we are dealing with. We assume they have human values and a human way of thinking. The reality is that they may very well have developed in situations that are completely different from our own and they would thus have various defining characteristics that complement that environment. We survive through competition and manipulation of our environment. Other creatures may not know competition, or may not know manipulation. They may not know society and work completely individually or within very small social groups (for instance, different families develop their own technology and industry). The possibilities are as endless as the universe, itself.

Quite rightly though, not everyone would choose this reality, the same way as not everyone chooses to believe we're being ruled by a rebadged Nazi regime.

I would be rather curious as to why anyone would choose such a reality. Though deeper discussion into this is best saved for a different forum.

If they are of a higher conciousness how do they get their message to us in a way where we don't simply write it off as pure nonsence? We just slag it off and shout Where's the physical evidence?. Is this not the whole point of the letter? Not everyone is prepared to face it.

Why do you assume that they are a higher consciousness? Just because they can zoom through space in sleek metal/rock/etc boxes and we can't (yet)? Are we a higher consciousness than the Ancient Greeks or Romans? We can fly in sleek metal boxes and roll along the Earth at speeds that are incomprehensible to people of those times - things they could only dream of doing..... yet we don't suddenly have telepathy.

It's an interesting topic whether it's fake or not. Again, it's a well thought out hypothesis.

It is - however, it is far too typical of "alien hype" for my liking. It turns ETs into gods or god-like beings. While they may be of a higher intelligence, and some may be of a higher consciousness - they are not gods and do not deserve worship. We far too often overestimate or underestimate ourselves.

Most of our problems on Earth come from one simple ignorance - what we are. We are predatory animals who thrive on competition and social interaction (two rather ironic and often conflicting primal drives). Too many people are ignorant of this and consider one of these traits 'bad' or 'over-rated.' Many consider predatory instincts "bad", which puts them continuously at odds with their own behavior as well as others. Yet others place too little value on society, and are constantly at odds with their own and others behavior.

These two drives have shaped our species and technology. Once we learn to accept what we are, and to begin looking at ourselves as another species would, then we could more easily discover attempts to communicate with us in a non-offensive way. Additionally, we would likely learn valuable social skills that would be essential for our society to survive the official "first contact."

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What does it really hurt to take 2 seconds of your time and ask yourself that question and give your answer silently?

There is no donations requested.. no fame sought.. just a simple answer requested to a question and I think it does no one any harm to consider it possible for a moment and give it an answer. We waste much more of our time in much less fruitfull and non beneficial ways.. seems silly not to consider it when you weigh the options.. more good can come of it than harm.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why would you need to show up when your already here, waiting to bring the heaven back to dawn, we are here in human bodies enough said, right, why would we occupy a different form unless you could handle an unknown force?

ASK YOURSELVES WHO ARE YOU?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In response to Aim64C - you certainly put a valid argument across. First of all, I'm not assuming they would be of a higher conciousness, I should have said IF and not 'if'..... Anyway, to VERY briefly sum up the point I was making I'm not saying I believe the letter to be true just that if we were being monitored, what alternatives are there for ET's to make an entrance which would have minimal impact on our existance?

It's probably not possible. The same goes for if there was a second coming. but perhaps the smallest sacrifice would be for a generation of people to be forced to come to terms with it for the sake of our childrens future.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What pisses me off is the fact that I am 99% ... no wait ... 100% sure that this was written by a HUMAN who has obviously deviated from normality, became paranoid and borders on insane. And when I waste time because of people like that it annoys me. And it's painful to see how many naive people fall for it in the process.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
they are obviously more advanced than humans, so if they were really evil, they would have already conquered the earth..wouldn't they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join