It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage at Puppy in Police Officers Hat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry but SOME Muslims complained about the dog. They are allowed to do so, they have freedom of speech after all. And therefore everybody else is allowed to complain about THOSE Muslims.

The police was also very silly in this situation. The police enforces laws made by the government, which should not be run by religion and so therefore the police should not be run by religion. It was not an act of agression towards muslims and so should not be changed. If however this poster contained a burning cross, or any other deliberate act of aggression towards a religon then things are different.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Does anyone know why dogs are concedered unclean? I was told by a moselm freind that there is only one mention of a dog in the Koran and it was about a dog sleeping with the people and keeping watch. I think this is all BS made up by some Moselms just to raise kane. There are dogs all over the Middle east. If they were such unclean animals, you would have thought that they would had been wiped out in those areas.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
Does anyone know why dogs are concedered unclean? I was told by a moselm freind that there is only one mention of a dog in the Koran and it was about a dog sleeping with the people and keeping watch. I think this is all BS made up by some Moselms just to raise kane. There are dogs all over the Middle east. If they were such unclean animals, you would have thought that they would had been wiped out in those areas.

Yes you are right, the muslims who don't like dogs are wrong. The quran has examples like the one you showed, and it has NOTHING about dogs being unclean or not allowed. I think the other example was something like if your dogs kills something, then you may say some words (basically respect it as gods creature or something) and then you may eat it if you want. (I think this was basically what it said, I forgot now.)

Only in the hadiths(200 years of chinese whispers turned into books) will you see silly stuff like this dog business and other crazy things.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It is a police dog.A dog used to save police officers lives, find drugs, criminals, weapons, body's etc.
Its not different than putting a police car on the card.Its a police asset after the dog is trained into service it will be worth 60,000 pounds.
To Hindu's the cow is sacred.Yet they don't complain about huge ads with pictures of cow's on them being chopped up for beef and dairy products.
Personally to me it shows the idiocy of Islam.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I agree Phoenix and I would iterate my earlier statement:

The divisions in our society have not been caused by the greater population, it offends me that minority groups are winning a shameful campaign to introduce the ethos of partisan racism, religious fanaticism and social degeneration.

There are plenty of rules and regulations that the population as a whole have a negative response to, however, it appears that it is the "minorities" of all sectors of society that have the upper hand - especially when it comes to governmental ideology.

Excuse the pun, but the dogmatic responses to many worthwhile and clearly beneficial programmes has dominance over the massed cultural common sense that this nation possesses.

Such responses are often aimed specifically at creating divisions, which have been used as propaganda to great effect by a government which seeks to divide and conquer along religious and cultural grounds in the promotion of its war on terror.

Yes, such an event creates headlines for the "Muslim" angle whereby an alternative notionally integrated group would not, however, the official response of the police in this specific case also demonstrates the neutered public relations of government agencies that create problems for all of us:

The result is that the majority of the Muslim population is homogenised and tarred with the same brush, the outraged sector of society rises in indignation and to cap it all the puppy is sent to his bed early.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by Nammu

I agree, I would also like to add, that I am sure there are all sorts of people who complain about all kinds of things ALL the time. But once a muslim complains the media also thinks MONEY, because right now ANYTHING bad to do with muslims means big cash and attention for the news.

It makes logical sense.

For example if a christian complains about misuse of crosses on tv, it is likely to be ignored, but if it was the other way round and it was some muslim complaining everyone would hear about it from the news.

I feel that each time a news report like this comes out people begin to seperate themselves from muslims, and it all becomes a us against them mentality.
That sort of mentality worries me, we are all in this together. Seperation breeds hatred, and we don't need that.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

really, when did the Scottish police last apologise to Christians?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What a load of absolute crap, i think Councillor Asif may have an agenda of some kind, ive spoken to a few friends about this today in our local foodstore, they are all muslims, a family run place that does wholesale to chipshops and curry houses, their first reaction was to have a good laugh, and they also said, there is nothing in Islam that tells them dogs are offensive in any way, in fact come to think of it they have three guard dogs, so go figure.

Im starting to think we are at the start of something designed to antagonize people into reacting badly toward Muslims, which is nothing new, it is crap like this that lets the BNF get its foot in the door.

Ask yourself a cute picture of a puppy, something that melts the hearts of many Brits, when people start to tell you we cant see puppies on posters, does it make you angry? then ask yourself who is that anger against? is it directed at the right people?

Maybe we should inundate Councillor Asif's office with requests for the names of the people allegedly offended, ask him for evidence, maybe the real problem is Councillor Asif, wouldnt be the first time high ranking positions have been infiltrated for another agenda.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have two little words that I'd love to post for anyone outraged by the picture in question. Unfortunately, if I posted those two words, it would outrage the mods who would almost certainly censor my post. That, in turn, would outrage me because I'd hate to see a little red "WARN" under my name on all my posts for the next week.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The minority of those that pervert the teaching of any religion and use those perversions just to annoy and try to enforce them on anyone is the problem. Its the hotbutton issue in every discussion of political correctness on how to deal with these minorities and how people cower when one is brought up. You don't like dogs, fine stay away from them. If one is used to se if your involved in a criminal act...tough, go pray for cleanliness and go away. If a dog used by a handicapped person bothers you, go the other way. Its none of your business. Its also foolish to make a big deal out of it in a news article. Its feeds the morons and severs any chance of resolving the minor problem!

Zindo

[edit on 7/2/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't know which is worse - a news reporting blowing a small instance out of proportion to make it seem like all of Islam is affected, or that people are offended because whoever opposed the picture of the dog has the freedom to choose not to want to display the picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What next?

Im not going to start stereotyping any culture because I would be done for discrimination.

Can some give me a protocol on what I am allowed to say in my own country... I was only born here with a long line of ancestors.

I do like pork, I wonder how long it will be until it is against the law to eat it??

Oni x x

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
while i dont agree with muslims it does not matter, its obvious why muslims are in our media constantly, this thing does go both ways, so why blame religion? why blame you who blames religion? its pretty much pointless.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The muslims who complained are idiots and the cops are retarded for giving in to their demands. My sig comes to mind while reading this thread.

Why is our right to be offended being infringed?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can just see it now...

Non-Muslim: "Well, I'm offended that you listen to funny music and I don't want to hear it!"
Muslim: "Well I don't like your dog on my shop"
NM: "I won't buy from your shop go back to Mexico!"
M: "I'm not from Mexico I'm from Pakistan you ignorant infidel!"
NM: "You and your terrorist ways!"
M: "(Arabic pissed off rant)"
NM: "Terrorist! AAAAAhhhh!"

And it all started with a cute puppy picture...

ah.. ignorance is bliss.. oh no wait.. ignorance is ________. (please fill in the blank)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

" ....

The affront to the Muslim community has been caused by the fact that dogs are considered ritually unclean and has sparked such anger that some shopkeepers in Dundee (Scotland) have refused to display the ...."

WHO CARES ?!?!?!?!?!?

It's their OWN FAULT for going to a foreign country, they should have stayed home.

The same goes for anyone not liking what another sovereign country does.

I love the unmitigated gall that some folks have with trying to change a countries culture to fit their own.

Where did that INSANE concept come from?

It is UTTER NONSENE!!!

Who here would go to their neighbors house and tell them their furnishing are offensive and to change them?!?!?

That's exactly what these trouble makers are doing, they should be given two options

accept the current culture or LEAVE! and if they continue to cause trouble, to simply deport them.

Anyone, who is considering a move to a foreign country, no matter who they are or their color or religion

has to make the same choices, either accept the new culture or stay home and don't move.

I would say the same thing to anyone visiting any nation accept who they are or don't go!

Anyone who signs on to say that a GUEST has the right to DEMAND that the new culture conform to theirs

is simply a warmonger and trouble maker, a real canaanite at heart! I guess that says a lot about the leaders of the world...

of course, everyone really knows this, including the D.C. whores and their ilk, who strangely prefer

to poison their own people, instead of doing the right thing!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

here we go again
i bet a couple of people found this offencive (thats what it seems to take these days even 4 complaints is enough on most occasions).

this kind of reminds me of the family guy episode where they censor everything. and use the term 1 complaint = 1 billion
so 8 people complained so 8 billion found it offencive.

these kind reactions and reports just make things worst
and i agree with the poster the police should have told them to take a hike.

as a muslim a picture of a dog really isnt going to offend me
nor did my neigbours dogs. (maybe my neigbours neigbours dog which doesnt stop barking 24/7 when it hits the street)

so are people going to start screeming how islam and muslims think dogs are evil because of some idiots? or are they going to say those who made these complaints represent 100 million plus muslims each?

Dogs are owned by muslims and dogs are used by muslims in muslim countries by police,military and search and rescue.

these reports just pee me off

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Muslims are so evil! Who does not like puppies? j/k

Honestly, if they are in another country that is not theirs I say follow the country's rule. If UK wants to put 5-10 dogs on a postcard whats the problem?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Muslims are so evil! Who does not like puppies? j/k

The point of this is that "Muslims" are not evil... they are victims of the minorities in our society just like everybody else that gets the brunt end of partisan activity because some whining self-inflated goon appears to disregard their own right to be offended and simply live with it.

The majority of the Muslim population gets unfairly tarred with the same brush, our police forces end up looking stupid and impotent and the rest of the population gets branded as racist because they take umbrage at a very small self-important group of people that do not understand the concept of integration.

To paraphrase the point that I made earlier in the OP, our society is being ripped apart not by diverse groups who have a proud heritage of their own, but by the divisions created in society by individuals and small groups that claim to speak on behalf of larger groups, thereby creating tensions between cultural entities that are in reality quite happy to live side by side with each other and with a respect for the whole society that they reside within.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
TAKE A CHILL PILL IT'S A PUPPY
Jesus with all thats going on in the world this is what people are outraged about????
We deserve what we have coming to us

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well look what happened in Denmark over those cartoons...

I wouldn't say that this was blown out of proportion by the police.

They just didn't want a bloody intifada over something innocuous. The Muslim community reacts rather strongly to perceived slights if you haven't noticed.

Ask Salman Rushdie.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join