It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! (ATS video exclusive) Wildfires raging in Santa Barbara!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I drove up near the fires right when they first crested the ridges. The police had already closed the road, but now it has definitely moved past it. I took a short video, but left because a dozen fire-trucks roared past. I would have gotten it on sooner, but I found a UFO vid I thought I lost.

Anyway, it is spreading rapidly, but I can't go anywhere this late and get more video.

www.youtube.com...
We had MONTHS of fires last year that my lungs are still reeling from...

Smoke is in the air right now...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The link isn't working!!!!!!

I was in SD during the fires of last year....I feel for yea.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Seaman_Richie

yeah, this one is getting much worse than the crappy video can show. They are evacuating right now.

Last year was absolutely the worst.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The fire is now MILES wide, and lighting up the entire eastern sky. This one may make it to a town..... Goleta or Santa Barbara is about to get hit....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
The fire is now MILES wide, and lighting up the entire eastern sky. This one may make it to a town..... Goleta or Santa Barbara is about to get hit....

I have a friend in Santa Barbara I'll I text her later on...

Are you normally up this early??

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just figured that I would update this thread. I can take more video if anyone wants, but I'll just tell you;

The fire is MILES wide, and the smoke has completely covered the eastern sky. The fire is much closer than last years, and I thin k that we might be losing a lot more homes if the wind picks up. Drop helos are every where.

Thanks, Jason

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

My power keeps going in and out, but I came home. Not sure if they will evacuate again or not. The thread title is misleading. the fires and I are both in Goleta, a seaside town 5 miles north of Santa Barbara. I think I got the first video up on the night it started...

Lots of homes are threatened now.... I will keep updating as the power permits.

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I wanted to add the first video, as this was just 3 hours after it started... and yes, it was that small. (and sorta far away)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
cheers dude thats well sweet.

You take the time to grab some real live TRUSTABLE footage ... no MSM BS here no sir ! ATS reporters on the job.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Now you just need to put a camera in your room. I will send you an infra red one for free. I don't use it.(regarding your other thread)

But yeah, I'm just now learning how to use all these youtube things and all. Hopefully I will get some good UFO footage one day. My other video didn't compress well, and wasn't clear anyway.

Right now they just asked my friends to move out of their house. I wish you could still see the fire, but Ironically, it's too close to film now.

edit to clarify something

[edit on 4-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

join