It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien ‘Township’ Built In Martian Rock? Found On MOC Image!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The IAS Viewer only works with JPEG 2000 images, and as far as I know only the HiRISE images use that format, at least for now.

As an aside, they started using that format instead of PNG (the format they used at the beginning) because of the possibilities of the JPEG 2000 format that IAS Viewer uses, like the progressive downloading of the image, the separate channels, etc., at least this was what they told me when I asked why they switched from PNG to JPEG 2000.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

So is there any possibility of them converting these images into the new format? Or are they apprehensive that if they do so, they will not be able to hide or brush away inconvenient anomalies that could pop up when viewed through the IAS Viewer?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The file format is irrelevant.

If they want to change the photos, and to avoid having two different versions, they probably do it before publishing the images in any format, either GIF, JPEG, JP2 or IMG.

Professional altering of photos (and not even professional, I have changed a photo and it does not show any signs of tampering) is not noticeable, regardless of format.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
*V1840007
mikesingh and ArMaP:

I took the regional view and messed with it. The area is rife with anomalous or unusually geometric forms!!
WoW. Thanks to both of you.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
good job Armap...you always have the technocial savvy sh&^ going on...kudos for you man...i think your on to something...and to suggest its a "hydro station" that to me at least seems a lil pursumptious

[edit on 11-7-2008 by skept!cal]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join