It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's arrived! A New UFO VIDEO! Santa Barbara, shot originally May 29th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
EDIT TO ADD: the youtube version of this video is worthless... please check the other link, and wait the 45 seconds to download the video. If someone can post a better link, please feel free. I can even e-mail the raw file to someone...

First, the back story on the video. I was witnessing many things in the sky here in socal, (well, central cal) and tried in vain to take quality photos or video. I shot many videos in short increments due to the fact that the camera likes to go in and out of focus a lot.

Anyway, I had tried various methods, including different recording features, as well as laying the camera down to minimize shaking.

When I later up loaded the photos and video to my iphoto account, I found that all of the photos were crap, as well as the videos. I even lamented this to other members when the sightings were reported here.

Well, tonight I was taking a video of the fires that are coming into S.B., and I came home and uploaded them. Well, the video never left the camera, and so I checked the memory card from my desktop. Inside were 5 or 6 videos I had never been able to find. It seems that when I shoot with the 620 "fine " setting, I cannot bring that to my iphoto. (I have a sony 7.2 megapixel camera)

So sure enough, here was one of the videos I shot that night in may!

You can see the stable stars in the video, and then a drunk ufo pilot. in the end, there are some of the many shooting stars that were accompanying the UFO's that night.

I think that this was one of the videos I shot by laying down the camera, due to the way it its so stable. (sorry, can't afford a tripod for this camera)

Anyway, I have no reason to hoax, and DimensionalDetective can vouch that I had U2U'd him about this sighting a couple weeks ago. Thanks, Jason

P.S. Please don't pointy out that the video has no real reference or superb quality. I know this, but it's the best I got. I didn't post a thread before on that night for the very reason I had literally no evidence. This is at least a little.
www.youtube.com... IGNORE THIS ONE! CHECK LINK BELOW vvv

Edit because I forgot video.

HERE;

you have to click on the link after waiting 45 seconds. Sorry. If you can correct it, feel free!
www.megaupload.com...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I just realized how bad this looks on youtube. Does anyone have a way for me to send the raw video and have it turn out better?

Please stand by, I am uploading to a better share site. You are going to be as puzzled as me if you can see it as clearly. Jason

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

yeah... sorry to say that the YouTube rendering is pitch black. Like mentioned MegaUpload or Rapidshare allows for rather large files to be uploaded.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
try:

www.veoh.com
www.megavideo.com

[edit on 2-7-2008 by rasunin]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rasunin

Thanks. I am trying megaupload now. just be patient! thanks, Jason

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Video is now up. Feel free to copy or repost it if you think you can get a better screen shot than I can! Thanks for your help and patience, Jason

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Very strange indeed. Did you have the camera on a tripod? it is extremely still.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Actually, I laid it down on the table outside. (it's glass) I saw that on another thread, as an option.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
after adjusting the gamma setting on my monitor, i was able to see everything.

it is quite interesting, i would truly like to know more about that craft in the vid.
BTW, what star was that at the bottom of the screen?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gkgoten100

Now that I have calmed down, and uploaded the video, (this has taken my incompetent butt 3 hours to do), maybe I should clarify a few things.

I Just looked at my camera, and tried to view it on the screen. it does not show up. I never actually transfered it to my computer, so I didn't know it was this clear. Catching the fact that this video has something makes me so sad that I erased TONS of footage from that night.

This video was probably not taken on the table, but on my fence. I think that I remember the main action being northwest. I have to check with dimensional detective about it. I know that I did set the camera on both, as I was trying to get any shot I could.

I can't believe I erased all those other vids and photos without looking on my computer first.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looks like a bug flying around. It comes and goes out of focus a few times.

I had to turn up the brightness and contrast in vlc to see anything at all. I'm sorry I don't find it interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

That fine. Except the fact that there was no light source from below in which a bug would have been visible. I never claimed it to be a perfect video, but I know what I saw that night. Wasn't a bunch of bugs.

I have always stated that my intention for seeking proof, and the reason I always have a camera ready, is so that the discussion can move from if to why.

I know what was going on that night. There were many meteorites, and strange lights. Thank you for your time though.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It could be a bug (firefly), a laser pointer, a ufo, a balloon caught in some eddies... It's really small and hard to tell.

The other light (star?) remains unnervingly still throughout, like the camera was nailed down.

I've been trying to zoom in with avs video tools, no luck so far. Anyone know of a good video editor capable of this?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Joe Montana

Well, I am willing to state that I will accept a ban from this site if anyone thinks I actually used a laser pointer. In my haste to get this video up, I wasn't very clear on that night in particular. It was a very odd night, with a lot of activity in the skies. I only saw this one light, however, I don't remember the erratic behavior. I just noticed it was gone. Maybe I was fiddling with the camera?

Either way, you can obviously see two shooting stars at the bottom.

I shouldn't even have this. I was just too lazy to erase it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Joe Montana

gonna have to say that a decent video editor would cost you money (unless you know where to look, and i am not sure if the T&C allow me to tell you) but you could try Adobe's video editing software

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gkgoten100

If I knew how to break down this video, it wouldn't have taken me three hours to upload it, and a month to notice it. Sorry this is all I can add.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm not suggesting you Deliberately faked something, just trying to prod the brain cells for possibilities. It's So far away, it's smaller than an o on the screen.

Adobe, I got to get more memory to check out cs3, which i will. thanks.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, I'm off to bed. It's been a long 5 hours. Hopefully, someone on the east coast can take a look at this and give a better analysis.

Sorry that the quality is not what I hoped. But you should see it on the camera screen...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
wow. I went to bed thinking that this viseo would at least have an answer, if not the answer, by now. Whats up? the consensus is that it's a bug that somehow got lit up and shot perfectly?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join