It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CULT of Belief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I recently came across some information about this "Cult Of Belief" It was surrounding a program i watched about Alien Abductions. Now with the increased sightings of UFO's around the world, i thought this might be an important topic to drag to the surface..

People that report Alien Abductions are often accused of being insane or attention seekers. I do NOT believe this at all. I have personally been down that road, but thats not what this thread is about.
Despite the incredible nature of Alien Abductions and the increased reportings, but a LACK of credible supportive evidence, a cult has grown up around it.
To all ATS Members that read this, please don't give me sh*t if you dont understand what im trying to get out, because im not so sure myself, and i have no idea how to write this but ill give it a shot.

Now the Cult of Belief is not an actuall cult, but "something" that the believers in UFO's/Aliens have all been sucked into. I believe in Aliens, but WHAT IF? there is no such thing - This is where the cult of Belief comes in.

I have beleived in Aliens for as long as i can remember, but maybe i have just been kidding myself all along. Belief can be a strong thing, Could BELIEF have been covering my eyes so strongly, that the real truth is blinded from me/us..
I think thats about it and not sure if any of it makes any sense, so let me know what you think..

Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it always pays to keep an open mind to UFO's not being alien beings! so yep dont jump on the Alien Belief thing too quick if you have an encounter.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I agree with Morrigan. Unidentified Flying Objects are just that - unidentified. I feel that most sightings are probably very human and very Earthly in nature. On the other hand, some aren't. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they're alien either. No doubt some are, however.

new topics

join