It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like reading some of the younger peoples posts. They tend to see things from a different perspective than we older posters. Sometimes they may be a bit idealistic or immature sounding, but they catch on quickly.

They're able to think outside the box, which is a good thing. I'm rather set in my ways and opinionated, but I'm willing to concede a valid point. Being young does not always equate to being naive or ill-informed, just as being old doesn't instantly bestow wisdom and knowledge on a person.

Everyone has something to contribute, even if you don't necessarily agree with them on all levels.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It would make sense to me that if the world is full of people that love to waste your time and their own in order to get attention, Can these people also have gained access to computers and internet??...
To assume that a site no matter how great it is can filter the amount of "Narrow minded foolio's" (and they come at all ages btw) is absurd, we are clearly out numbered in the world by them and they can buy Pc's aswell you know..

Like the rest of us u will have to chew it up and deal with it or I hear Antartica is a nice spot for seclusion

[edit on 7-7-2008 by gmac1000]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you want to moan about the youth go to the Rant section on BTS they always love a good ol' rant there, there is even a mini-rant thread.

Look around, there are young people on this site who do great contributions on here all the time, ATS is a haven for all; young or old, black or white, rich or poor; we all come together to kick George Bush's

A Young Fox...Out !

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would reccomend a break. Then you can decide to log back in or not.

As far as "young" people. ATS is a community and as such is a diverse group. Everyone brings something to the table from a perspective point of view. Our younger members are no exception.

We were all young once and youth does not invalidate opinions, perceptions, and thought

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't actually see that youth, or age in general, has anything to do with this.
It's about quality of threads, and i have to say i don't think it's age related.

Take Mr. Lear, although i love reading his threads and some of his ideas are fascinating, he also posted a lot of nonsense, without proof or facts, and he even admits himself (in his camelot interview) that he doesn't know where alot of his info comes from or that sometimes he just thinks them up.

And he's no spring chicken

top topics

<< 1   >>

join