It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have found over time that ATS has really givin me a wake up, and it's subscribers have been wonderful.
As I have not been perfect either, I have always read and understood that many have brought to us and explained things I would never hear in a million years. And I bloody liked most of it.
My Problem lies with people who spout off with no validity in their posts and shoot down people who do have stories to tell.
After only one year of following leads, looking at video, seeing these posts. And understanding the veterans of this site. I applaud you and really will keep myself and my friends posted as long as she goes as a reader and private activist.

I wish there were more 25-50s but it seems saturated with kids.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to get off of this site, would be appreciated.
And yes, I looked around.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You will be back. We all come home you know. The only real way to permanently forget this place is to leave one more time than you come back.

In my case, that has never happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by luckyfourteen
I wish there were more 25-50s but it seems saturated with kids.

I can really relate to the "kids" comment. You can tell who is who just by the way they title their threads.

Maybe ATS can give us a higher threshold of Ignores.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Man, I read for a year before my first post.

Over run

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luckyfourteen

Maybe just take a few weeks off, I know that is hard to do sometimes. It does seem like some members are overly aggressive in stating their positions. Don't forget the ignore feature, and if your list is full, just try not to read the posts that bother you. Keep in mind that some people thrive on conflict, try to recognize such posts and do your best to ignore them. In short, if you like the site, don't let the trolls run you off. You have every right to enjoy this site for your own reasons as they do theirs.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by luckyfourteen
if someone would be so kind as to tell me how to get off of this site, would be appreciated.
And yes, I looked around.

Step 1: Click the log out button to the top right.

Step 2: Close your internet browser

Step 3: Don't type www.abovetopsecret.com into the address bar anymore.

Step 4: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bye...hope you decide to come back after a week or so.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

Step 1: Click the log out button to the top right.

Step 2: Close your internet browser

Step 3: Don't type www.abovetopsecret.com into the address bar anymore.

Step 4: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bye...hope you decide to come back after a week or so.

hahaha!! yeh that just about sums it up!!

to the op... maybe just take a break for a while, i often have to force myself off ats for a few days at a time, no need to be drastic and quit, your clearly here because you were curious, which means curiosity will probably bring you back anyway...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't understand why young people are being singled out here. Those that get on my nerves typically do not sound like kids, they just sound like loones.

There is nothing wrong with the under 25 set visiting the site, they have brains and can throw up topics and converse just like anyone else. If you feel that older people have so much more to offer, then why deny the under 25 set the chance to learn?

(BTW...I am way over 25)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I have to agree, I am 20 yrs. old, but I can tell most people didn't know that one. Maybe you should say immature posts instead of saying a certain age group.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What exactly has your feathers ruffled? Can we discuss this?

As far as what you call 'kids' on this site I am very thankful for each and every one of them. There are many under 25 members that are very smart and knowledgeable.

I would rather see them posting on ATS than doing something harmful to their bodies or other illegal activity. And...when you can tear a 'kid' away from computer games long enough to post a comment it's a big step in maturity.

I have no problem relating to the under 25 or the over 50 members. We are all together on this planet and it would behove us all to learn to better understand each other.

Hopefully you will rethink your decision to leave your ATS family in a few days.

Best wishes,
Marilyn

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Conspiracy affects us all, old and young alike.

There opinions and theory's are just as valid as older peoples.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Are you sure that there is not deeper meaning in some of these inane posts that you are missing?

Perhaps there is more here than first appears. I have found some really interesting things here that I initially dismissed as either too junior, or too radical.

Still -- I respect your decision.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luckyfourteen

why announce you're leaving?

you sound angry - and that's fine - who isn't?

but no matter where you go - it'll be the same

pretty much just like out there - in the "real" world

this place is nothing but a place to find sparring partners for some - and comrades in arms for others - or just a place to stop and look at all the freaks

it's a great place to think

but give the kids a break - god - if they don't learn to think and speak their minds now - they never really will

they may not always communicate their questions or thoughts in a way that suits you - but there's a lot of value there - the last thing we need is a cohesive group of cynical, inflexible, unaccommodating people with "the information"

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
never mind....

good luck.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
New threads here start kind of like this

Insert "poop" in bag

place said bag of "poop" on front porch (ATS community)

Light said bag of "poop" on fire

Nock on front door or ring doorbell (publish thread)

Watch someone answer door (respond to thread)

Stomp out fire of "poop" with foot (writes nasty post to thread)

screams at kids for playing joke (get warned or banned)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
To the OP.

You should just be more cautious or picky with the threads you read.
There is a lot of guff on this site but you don not have to read the rubbish.#

If a thread title is one of the following, then just scroll on.

I am the ANTI-CHRIST!!

I fought off an alien in my room.

I have proof of __________ (insert ridiculous statement)

Why i hate ___________ (insert race, gender, religious group or nationality here)

Tony Blair/George Bush/The Queen/Fox reporter is a Reptilian.

This should give you some idea of what to try and avoid or read for amusement but not take seriously.

Don't give up on the site as a whole because of a few nutters!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
yes i have to admit as a veteran of this site with multiple usernames, all steamming from this one, Ive witnessed good actual threads that made you think an really want to keep reading,

but this past year, Ive seen a Bunch of crap. nothing more then someones poor excuse to draw up attention for a lack of it in their personal life.

I dont like to make threads, i like to reply an talk about what already is here, unless I see a breaking story or something that catches my eye,

but never have I felt the need to read into an thread that claims such an such ate my dog or the greys are siphoning taxes and have a base in walt disney's ceo office.

whatever the title may be, they just do nothing but overshadow the topics that people need to be reading.

IMO, Many posts here are strictly reserved for Fox broadcasting....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm just so sick of this. I'm leaving too.

See you guys tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join