It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King: Get Used to High Oil Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Saudi King: Get Used to High Oil Prices

www.foxnews.com

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah told oil consumers Tuesday that they should get used to high prices and not blame the country for the spike in the price of crude, the Agence France-Presse news agency reported.

"Consumer countries have to adapt to the prices and the mechanisms of the market," the king said in an interview published Tuesday in Kuwaiti daily Al-Siyassah.

Abdullah's comments came as the price of oil jumped past $143 a barrel for the first time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I think this is the best scam in history.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-7-2008 by bismarcksea]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ah yes. Good one. Let us know how not getting used to high gas prices works out. I'm quite sure that it will not lower prices any further.

But the fact that you feel better about yourself by so boldly remaining defiant in the face of a man who shares as much, if not less of the blame than that of your country's leadership in these high oil prices makes me warm inside.

Oh, and by the way, I very confidently say "your country's leadership" assuming that you live in the United States. Only an American could say what you said while remaining so completely off-topic.

On-topic: I believe it is the fact that we are "used to" these high prices that is the problem. We are so used to them that we have put up absolutely no fight to combat them. People bitch and moan for a few minutes only to then pull up to their nearest gas station to fill up so that they can head on over to the mall for some mindless entertainment.

When we stop being so used to them and say enough is enough, maybe things will start to change.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The speculators say they aren't to blaim....the Saudi's say not them either!

So can anyone explain WHAT is really going on?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We are to blame. We have elected leaders and representatives who have allied themselves on the side of big business. Instead of working for the people who have elected them. The Preamble of the Constitution begins with WE THE PEOPLE, not WE THE BUSINESSES.

The Demostooges and the Republistooges have to go!! They have stuffed their pockets with the ready cash offered by big business while whore mongering away their worldly cares. The price of gas will go to fifty dollars a gallon before these fat cats are affected by it. Long after your homes are foreclosed and your children's college fund is bankrupt, they will still be driving limos and hummers between their summer and winter and vacation homes.

sty

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, with an income of 650 000 000 000 $ / year from petrol I guess there is no worry for the SA king ! the more expensive, the better for him . And yes, it is not his fault even if this comes well for him. The trouble comes from a global demand of 2% more than what can be actually produced.Also, this is the result of changing the world`s currency for petrol transaction away from the US$. The petrol was the main thing to back the US$ currency , most of the countries dropped it - and this caused the beginning of the US economical collapse!

In the past, if Saudi Arabia wanted to sell petrol to Italy for example, everything had to go in US$. Now it can go in Euro and it does.. Who is to blame ? the US bankers , the private share-holders of the Federal Reserve that allowed the spiraling of the US$ debts making the currency a simple pice of paper or worse - an electronic number in a bank account and nothing to support it. Now the energy becomes a Worldwide currency on its own , and I guess you better replace the US$ with "Gallons" equivalent = like this you will never get inflation .

My only solution ? well, there is a quick one - wind turbines, solar panels , hydrogen generators (from electricity ) and electrical cars ! US has the potential to be energy-independent : this will give back the power to the $ , but sure it would take the power from the hands of the few - bit inconvenient I guess..

have a good day .
STY

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

The real crisis is that the American dollar is losing value.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

It's called getting f*****. Simple and plainly put. Not just America, but every single one of us who have to put gasoline into a vehicle to earn a living. They have no concern about our needs or wants. Last time I checked, Exxon Mobile was pretty satisfied with itself after more record breaking profits. They were anything but compassionate, caring, or understanding.

We have a choice and instead of being strong and unwaivering, we prefer to be the angst filled puppet.

This is our fault. Not theirs.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

"Consumer countries have to adapt to the prices and the mechanisms of the market,"

Well.....energy independence is the way to get out of this.

As soon as we do they can take their oil and shove it.

sty

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I cant believe we are still using petrol as the main way for transportation! After 100 years from inventing the car and two major petrol crises in the past - we still live like there is no tomorrow when it`s about petrol!

I hope there is still time to wake up as this can be similar with a black hole - once you touch the "no turning back" point there is no way to get out of the crisis. My personal advice : invest your money in solar panels / micro wind turbine generators . For those on the cities - move out!

"the end of Suburbia" and "escaping the suburbia" could be a good point to start in collecting more info .

Google Video Link

new topics

top topics

join