It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They even have "Persian Idol" in Iran bet many didn't know that, well the biggest problem Iran has had in recent times was the overthrowing of Mohammed Mozadek a pro western leader over "Black Gold" being sold to the Russians by the U.S & UK. The U.S & UK sponsored terrorist attacks to do this back in the 1950's, not only did they kill innocent Persians but they blamed it on Mozadek and supported a brutal dictatorship to takeover the country and send it back into the stoneage. Iran has been slowly been getting out this mess since but seems to be getting pushed back once more by the Americans again. I think some of the posters here should learn some history before posting here, it was little over 40 years ago people in the States didn't have the same rights due to the colour of their skin even being a hugely successful powerful nation. If Iran doesn't get bombed back into the stone age and left to it's own devices im sure in 50 years they will have the same freedoms many European/North American nations have at the moment. Iran is a beatiful country and I would love to visit there one day.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We are cute and like to party, they are cute and like to party.

Nuclear detonations will make everyone not so cute and unable to party.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So sorry. This thread made me think of this and I could not get it out of my head.

I understand what the point of this thread is and I can not disagree. People are basically the same worldwide.

Unfortunately life is not like the Disney Ride "It's a Small World After All".

I'm sure we could go anywhere on earth at any time on earth and find beauty. It would be wonderful if the ugly were not hidden among the beauty. A flower garden grows just as well atop a missile silo as in a flower garden.

Just beneath the surface of this beauty can lie pure ugliness and often the beauty on the surface is itself a lie.

Iran is an interesting dilemma if there ever was one. We have a people who are no threat to anyone that account for most of the inhabitants of Iran. Then we have a sinister side which provides weapons, funds Terrorists and promotes constant war between Muslim Sects and against non-Muslims, lying just beneath the surface.

The beauty on the surface does not change the fact the danger is still there. In this case a group of Religious Fanatics, who envision themselves the Saviors of the world, led by a mad man who thinks he may be the actual One to rid the world of all those who do not believe as he does. He stews and simmers and gathers like minded people around him, just under the surface. He builds, stockpiles and distributes ever more dangerous weapons for his cause, just under the surface. When he does come above the surface he freely admits and in fact screams the fact; he wants to eliminate a people from the face of the earth.

Regardless of what the rest of Iran is like, it leaves this man, the President of this country, lurking there and growing more dangerous by the day and growing ever more sure of his power by the day. If left there to continue to grow, he will eventually no longer be satisfied to lie in wait while his gangs of thugs slowly chip away those who refuse to join him in his beliefs and every day Israel and the Jewish People continue on this earth will be as a thorn, slowly working its way into his side.

To add to all of this, he is so close to developing a weapon that will allow him to fulfill his dream, that he can not even contain his tongue about his desire to wipe out an entire country with it at the first possible moment; his madness is that far advanced.

All of the people living in this beautiful country go on with life and allow his scheme to grow, while they do nothing to stop him. They know he is there but they do not lift a finger to stop him. They have the power in their hands to stop him, but they do not. Many of them even agree with him as they go about their normal lives, in a normal fashion.

Soon, very soon, he will have the weapon he is waiting for. He has already built a way to deliver it and he has had many years to scheme how to best wipe his perceived enemy off the planet. The world around him has taken no action to stop him even though he regularly announces his plans. He sees that as both weakness and approval and he becomes more dangerous by the minute.

Some day this man, and if not him, another like him; will have to be dealt with directly. The question is when and how. The beautiful country of Iran and its people could stop him right now, but do not. They know eventually others will have too and they suffer as a result, but they do not act.

There is blame all around as we watch this fuse burn toward its obvious conclusion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We are cute and like to party, they are cute and like to party.

Nuclear detonations will make everyone not so cute and unable to party.

You know I just spent ten minutes and way to many words to say the same thing. Well stated.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"i say turn the whole middle east into a glass parking lot(except bahrain, cause thats where my mom lives)."

profound point. let's just blow other people's mothers away instead. how do you stand up straight without a spine?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Very good thread. I have to agree, when I, that was before this thread, think of Iran situations similar to those two pictures at the beginning come to mind.

Thank you for making me wiser.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In the mid 70,s I lived in Tehran for 3 yrs with my wife & son. My job was training crew chiefs on the KC 747 tanker at Mirabad airport in Tehran for the Iranian air force. I was a civilian working for LSC ( logistic support corp) owned by Boeing. I rented a villa in the north end of Tehran, my son graduated from Tehran American School in Tehran. The graduation was held at the American Embassy...which was later stormed & my wife,s boss was one of the hostages. By then we were gone, my 3 year contract was up before that.
As far as living there we pretty much enjoyed it. The people were friendly & nobody ever gave us a rough time. Most people want to get along, raise the family, work hard, & get by. They don,t want trouble..the ones you see in the press that cause all the trouble are the 1%ers. Just like here.
I was very supprised to see the modern improvements on google earth. Good news doesn,t sell does it?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Posting anonymously as I'm at work.

I would like to know where you heard of not being able to photograph government buildings in the USA?
I've photographed many courthouses, naval facilities as well as USMC bases and have never even had anyone even look at me odd.

And not to bash Iran, but in the USA we don't have public hangings of political opposer's or for 'acting immoral', and we don't publicly hang teenagers for being gay etc...

Do you want sources for that info? Just search google and you will find the same info from iranian sites, uk sites, usa sites, etc.... etc....

I have nothing against Iran, and I certainly hate the BS media and the current dictatorship we Americans have in office, but you really need to think before you post blatantly biased false statements.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Iran: Two More Executions for Homosexual Conduct

On Sunday, November 13, the semi-official Tehran daily Kayhan reported that the Iranian government publicly hung two men, Mokhtar N. (24 years old) and Ali A. (25 years old), in the Shahid Bahonar Square of the northern town of Gorgan.

The government reportedly executed the two men for the crime of "lavat." Iran’s shari`a-based penal code defines lavat as penetrative and non-penetrative sexual acts between men. Iranian law punishes all penetrative sexual acts between adult men with the death penalty. Non-penetrative sexual acts between men are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are punished with death. Sexual acts between women, which are defined differently, are punished with lashes until the fourth offense, when they are also punished with death.

www.hrw.org...

im neither pro nor anti gay, but the punnishment is alittle harsh no?

such a modern wonderland where every thing is roses and fuzzy warm hugs

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. Yes I know that Iran is a very beautiful country as well as the people. The media here in the US as well as other countries I am sure like to say such things only because of the government. I am sure its the same in Iran as well. Hopefully any disagreement that all governments have can be resolved and resolved quickly and peacefully. My question is if Iran wants to have reactors they should but not refineing whatever. Let a third party do it and ship whatever to Iran. Ofcourse I can see Iran wanting to not depend on other countries to do the refineing but at least it just might solve that problem. Then all can be peaceful again. At least I hope it is. I hope that I am making sense.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i say turn the whole middle east into a glass parking lot(except bahrain, cause thats where my mom lives). had we done this 6 years ago you guys would have nothing to talk about.

the only good that ever came from there was camels and oil anyways...

The symptoms of a Mindless Patriot Disease are oh so easy to spot. The ignorant ranting, the lack of true historical knowledge, the gross ignorance of how this exact 'Cowboy", pseudo John Wayne, mentality actually put us into the position we are in now.

:shk: while I could attempt to engage you in a debate on the issue the sheer ignorance of that statement clues me in that it would be simply wasted on someone so deeply infected by MPD

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Iran 'must stop youth executions'

A US-based human rights organisation has called on Iran to end the execution of juvenile offenders.
Human Rights Watch (HRW) said Iran was in breach of international agreements it had signed up to.

The call follows last week's public hanging of two youths convicted of still unclear sexual offences.

Iran insists the youths were convicted of raping a younger boy. However gay rights organisations say the youths were executed for being homosexual.

Iran is one of only five countries to continue executing juveniles.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

The US untill recently did the same . It seems we have more in common with Iran than we thought.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Operation AJAX]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Yes,
Just as Americans have freedom, democracy, and rights upon rights, wee the people are our government. It is 100 percent our responsibility. War or Peace, voted or didn’t vote. After all, “If you choose not decide you still have made a choice”. (*) Blame government! Whine-bitch-cry! Just look in our collective mirror. We are America; we are responsible for Bush, McCain and Obama. We empower them in our own sacred names.
Iranians’ may not have the freedoms and latitudes we have, but their leaders are their responsibility. The need to resolve the problem themselves, or collectively suffer the consequences if a leader runs amok and they are attacked due to justifiable provocations they delivered to the world citizenry.
Just as we now face are own actions/inactions coming home to roost, in our Wars, and soon I fear, by the Federal Reserve’s folly.

(*) Lyrics in ‘Tom Sawyer’ I think, by RUSH. (See Canadians get it!)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by Zanzibar

my unit just got back from there second deployment from the middle east where they were attacked by iranian manufactured weapons on a daily basis. thats what the middle east has done to me. but like i said in an eairler post camels do bring me joy.

the sad thing is they bring a diffrent joy to the people over there where wemen are only used for reproduction. anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same thing....

Hate the private arms dealers that sell Iranian-made weapons, hate the radical minority that buy them.

Hate the politicians that play both sides of the war to profit and increase their families wealth/dynasty.

I have NO sympathy for you. Hell British SpecOps were caught in Iraq disguised as Sunni's killing Shias and vice versa.

You were used by your government and I'm sorry you are so angry about being used.

In some ways I love the fact all these jarheads are overseas...makes picking up chicks at the bars around here so much easier!

On a serious note, I have taken Classical Islamic history as an elective for my bachelors in history--and it was taught by a US-Citizen born and raised in Iran. He basically told us about his home country everything the OP stated--that in Iran there are satalite dishes everywhere...and they love their MTV and really want to be westernized.

It's the few bad apples for some reason that the world focuses on...

Hm, with so much OIL over there I wonder WHY?

Oh, next time you're deployed--tell your GF to watch out...us "Johnny's" are on the prowl and quite a bit more informed about the situation...chicks dig intelligent dudes btw...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Absolutely beautiful. Where did you find these pics? But unfortunately, there are those with closed minds who will dismiss any positive images of Iran that are available to them because they just like to hate something. No matter....in the end, love conquers all. Nice job!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by umigo

Best thing to do is nuke it, In the retard pictures how come it doesn't show that they want to nuke israel how come it doesnt show hatred, how come it doesn't show given weapons to hezbolah. What you are doing is real propaganda showing us some happy faces in some sad pics u got somewhere. Persians must be treated and i think my friend bush will treat this disease hopefully

You people can't be for real! Please someone tell me these people aren't for real - it just has to be a bad dream that there are people so ignorant, red, and hateful. Wake me up someone.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A democracy should not be about deciding which evil dictator amongst a small group of preselected figure heads for the true corporate powers get elected. I think people need to exercise their democracy and rights strigently all the time and force laws overhauling democratic system and use groups of jury duty type citizens as watch dogs (with teeth and by that I mean people will rise up if the whistle is blown and pull the crappers out kicking and screaming if they don't go peacefully) over all democratic federal and state procedures, and all court cases.

edit to add: because if this isn't learned real fast, I'm terribly afraid it will be too late. Even after the majority response to Iraq, the governments are moving ahead on Iran anyway, it seems. I am very worried. I believe if Israel attacks, Iran, US, Russia, and China could all push their buttons within 10 minutes and half the world would be gone.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Iran is an Islamic theocracy that governs based on fundamental Islamic law. The media and America's views on Iran are about its government, not the people. You can find quaint pictures of peaceful civilians living their lives in the middle of the Third Reich, doesn't mean that Nazi Germany was just a swell place. What's the point of this thread? Are you Iranian? This thread could have been about ANY country on Earth...including America. At least you have the freedom to show the pics you did, if the shoe was on the other foot Iran would not allow you to publicly post west-affirming attitudes. ONE reason why criticism of the Iranian government is legit. You should watch the video of the Iranian President speaking at Columbia, University in NY...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join