The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grendel39
but at the same time their government is supporting SO many terrorist groups!

Like how the US Government sold weapons to and supported Al-Quaida not more than 20 years ago, when Al-Quaida was helping us vs the Soviets via Terrorism (just against the soviets)?

Or even how we sold chemical weapons to Iraq?

Hmm. So what makes them so different from us again? Their crazy, bible(quran)-thumping leader? We surely don't have a leader like that do we.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

REAL REASON WHY USA & ISRAEL THREATENING TO ATTACK IRAN

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by Zanzibar

my unit just got back from there second deployment from the middle east where they were attacked by iranian manufactured weapons on a daily basis. thats what the middle east has done to me. but like i said in an eairler post camels do bring me joy.

the sad thing is they bring a diffrent joy to the people over there where wemen are only used for reproduction. anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same thing....

Your unit went to a foreign country and attacked them with american made weapons, maybe some made in israel, in europe etc, and displaced 5% of the entire population of iraq, from within their own country. I dont know exactly what the US military use. Glocks are made in Austria, so is that a green light for the middle east to nuke them?

You're backwards and evil, where is your humanity.

You had a choice to join the army, the iraqi's didnt have a say at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

What a load of rubbish, I wonder if this poster ever actually sits down and really seriously engages in thought, past where their next beer is coming from.

It takes a lot to get me to log in and post but.... wow.

Anyway, this was a good post, a little obvious but I guess for people on this level it needs to be put in simple terms - well done the OP.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Really nice pictures and I appreciate the thread and all, but in my experience the mass media has done a very good job of showing the viewer that the problem in Iran is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, not the people of Iran.

I have never pictured the Irani people as bomb-strapped and waiting for the war to begin. Even the right wing radio i listen to on the way home reassures me that the problem isn't the people, it's the President who actually holds much less power than our government would have us believe.

so i think you're a bit off track on this post but it was nice.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, Iran is a beautiful place. Just like the US. And just like the US it has it's share of problems.

What I think is interesting is that many of us here in the US just don't realize what other people think of us. Sure, many just don't care (hey, just like the French) but many do. As I've traveled I've heard average folk in other countries talk about stupid americans, loud americans, lazy americans, drugged up americans... it goes on and on. Do I get angry?
No, I reflect on how they could've possibly gotten these ideas. Movies, news, propaganda, actual contact with one of jerks that think we own the world... You know, most people just want to live, to be left alone. But what they get is labeled with whatever moniker best fits the vocal minority of the moment. In Iran we see the president promising death to all Israeli's and the Devil US. In the US we see our government telling the world that Iran shouldn't have nukes.

I'll bet each of us could point to someone that is the epitome of evil to us in some other country. What about all of the people who we can point to and say, 'hey, they are just like me'?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
This is so typical of ATS.....

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Yep, its the big bad evil usa going to destroy another utopian society and lets not forget their great leader.....

ik-ma-dick-a-jed... and all the wonderful things he has done for humanity and the people of his nation.

Let's not forget - how he was paraded as a "genious" by the american media.

Give me a break......!!!

Anytime they need someone to push the button and send a couple of hundred nukes over there, I've got no problem - and I'll do it for a hot meal and a cold beer.!!!!

The greys havn't been abducting enough people I see. A little upgrade might be needed for a few of us after all.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank you for this post, what most people don't realize is that there is a large amount of moderate Iranians who have become dissatisfied with the current regime in Iran. That's why war with Iran would be so disastrous because we would unite the divided Iranians

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have no problem with people posting things that Iranians do with thier everyday lives. They eat, poop, sleep, laugh, cry and do the things that all humans in every country, regardless of government, have done since the beginning of time.

But iranians need to understand that thier spoksperson, and thier government, say a lot.

Try as you might to twist this into saying "Yeah, but look how that "evil" "lying" Bush administration has said and done in America's name"...but you know that is not really true in comparison to how the Iranian government speaks about the world, now don't you?

All of us humans have the same emotions, basically, and I could go to any country in the world and take fruity pictures showing a great amount of fun and normalcy concerning everyday life.

Unfortunately, the everyday life of people in any country seldom has anything to do with it's p[politics and idiot politicians / governments. So yeah, they might be good people, I'm sure the majority of them are, but then how in the world can such a retarded government still be in control of them if they are so "normal"?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
IgnoreTheFacts

Bush doesn't win in that comparison.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Step outside the box and take a good look. You just described... us.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Nice post. I agree 100% with you. I talked to an Iranian on yahoo answers he asked a question if the U.S will attack Iran, I told him yes and told him to go on ATS to keep informed before you make a decision. He told me that allot of people their are scared abut hearing Iran might get attacked by U.S SO some wanted to know if they should be leaving now going to another country. Some of them are kinda upset with their president.
The reason was because he didn't really tried to stop the war.

I also heard they are more free then us. I mean like you can copy music and sell it without getting scared if the gov will come after you.

I think In the U.S the businesses have more control in our country then us the people.

I say this because at my college, on the first day we are handed out a paper on what materials is needed even books. Yet they expect the next day that you have all that materials now I know for a fact they are pressuring us to buy the books through their book store which they get a huge commission out of it. and their is now way that you can pay online for a book and get it mailed to you in a day.
If you buy the book online then you will start off in the class with an F a 0 because the first hw assignment is your starting grade and would be the next day and if you don't have to book to do that hw you start off with an F and work your way up which is hard.

Their is many more examples where the businesses have more control than us the people.

So this is why I think the U.S has no freedom really or at least less freedom then other worlds.

I know for a fact in Pakistan you can do pretty much alot of stuff their like you can make your own fireworks and test them without any permits and much more.
yet we here in the U.S have to get permits and their not free nor cheap this is a way to keep you under more control.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
i say turn the whole middle east into a glass parking lot(except bahrain, cause thats where my mom lives).

Surely this post is satire. You do realize that a lot of other people have mothers and the world does not revolve around yourself (at least as far as I know). If you're willing to blow up an entire region and kill millions of people, you ought to be willing to sacrifice your loved ones as well. I would.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't get it.

What do pictures of landscapes have to do with the rotton to the core leadership of Iran? The pictures do not change the fact that the Iranian government should be overthrown and destroyed.

Hell, I'm sure Germany has some beautiful landscapes also, but that did not stop Hitler. This is the problem with some people. They use their 'feelings' instead of their brains. Besides, we don't even know if these pictures are from Iran even though it's really irrelevant.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I don't get it.

What do pictures of landscapes have to do with the rotton to the core leadership of Iran? The pictures do not change the fact that the Iranian government should be overthrown and destroyed.

Hell, I'm sure Germany has some beautiful landscapes also, but that did not stop Hitler. This is the problem with some people. They use their 'feelings' instead of their brains. Besides, we don't even know if these pictures are from Iran even though it's really irrelevant.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

In a comparison to Germany, the US wins. Project Paperclip, now declassified, shows how America took German top nazi scientists into their country and one can hardly claim it is a true democracy any more, more like the fourth reicht. I believe, in accordance with the plans of the 13 Bloodlines, this war has aleady been decided on by all the world leaders, possibly even the Iranian one, and then it becomes the war of contracts, with each country assisting their contractional agreement countries, with nuclear exchanges and bio- chemical weapons killing most of the 6 billion people on earth, which is exactly what Rockefeller promotes, depopulation. And hence they rule supreme over about 500,000 of us. We have to stop it now. US is the fourth reicht.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Great OP. I highly appreciate your post and this thread.

I am one American who has nothing against Iranians (I went to college with a few and have students who are as well), I went there as a kid when my uncle designed their hydro-electric dam program.

And you are right, what the media portrays is not what I encountered.

I pray daily that America does not attack Iran, and threads like this will hopefully add more people to these prayers.

Good Post

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My point was that it does matter, the 'intent' behind the protests.

A couple of peaceful tofu loving girls with banners, straight faced, wanting to save animals from the cruelty imposed by the circus's is hardley the same as the angry looking guys in the OP.

They (the girls) are not going to go nuts because you are a different religion, the guys in the OP do look like they are at their ropes end.

If I were to place those nice animal loving young girls in the middle of that mob in the original pic's, what do you think would happen to them?

If you were to place one or two of the angry mobsters in the original pics with the nice girls, do you think that the girls are going to jump em and drag em through the streets?

Although I admit I may have misinterpreted the OP's original intent, I just thought the example was poor at best.

Yes, every Nation on the planet has it's beauty, and every race of people on this shared existence has good and bad, and the msm has steered peoples oppinions since the dawn of man.

I do appreciate any time someone takes time out to show people a different view of a people, animal or place which has been tagged by the war mongers for corruption and tragedy. This is what the Op had in mind right?

Problem is, Is it too late for fuzzy warm feelings? Or do we have to gear up now using all we have to sustain ourselves for the coming of WWIII?

I have spent the last 45 years looking for the warm and fuzzy thing, and now I am having to for the first time admit my responsibility in the future events, switch gears and ready myself to protect my family and land against the oppression which is sure to come if we continue in this sustained direction.

I have NEVER as much as harmed an insect, animal or human, and now, when sitx happens it is going to be really really hard to defend, or will it be?

The Grand Canyon might just change the world...

Nothing can get you closer to God than a walk in the Redwood Forrests.

Ahhh a walk on the beach in the afternoon sunset...

Need I go further?
To me this is all of our shared planet, I do not see black, white, red, yellow, I see the rainbow.
I do not see the map as I travel, I see the world at large.
Not everyone is as controlled as you would believe.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

the only thing more dangerous than a brainwashed citizen is
a brainwashed soldier....

but don`t listen to me...I`m only a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy
theorist..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Whoopdie freaking doo...

Iran has ski resorts and cute women who like to party.....that must mean that they are all just awesome! This thread is just as much propaganda as the other side. Im sorry, but showing me cute cuddly pictures of people in Iran isnt going to persuade me one way or another.

Even if we attacked them, its not like we are going to be bombing the hell out of Tehran and the innocent civilians. We are not going to invade Iran. All it will be is a bunch of air strikes to take out their military infrastructure, and they will submit.....that will be that.

Anyone who thinks Iran would be anything like Iraq is just silly.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I believe, in accordance with the plans of the 13 Bloodlines, this war has aleady been decided on by all the world leaders, possibly even the Iranian one, and then it becomes the war of contracts, with each country assisting their contractional agreement countries, with nuclear exchanges and bio- chemical weapons killing most of the 6 billion people on earth, which is exactly what Rockefeller promotes, depopulation. And hence they rule supreme over about 500,000 of us. We have to stop it now.

This must be one of the most ridiculous things I have read today. If this were true, why wait until now to kill most of the 6 billion people? There have been enough nukes to accomplish this for decades so what are they waiting for? Your theory just makes no sense.

US is the fourth reicht.

Sorry, but my sentence above is incorrect. THIS is definitely the most ridiculous statement I have read today.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join