It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

i used to chat with a very lovely young lady from egypt. her father is a doctor. most of the pics she as sent me over the years are pretty reveling for their coulture. last i spoke with her she was 20 and had never been tuched by any man other that her father. i think i need to move to egypt and help westernize their coulture..

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock
You have a greater chance getting killed by a bumble bee than getting killed by a terrorist here in America.

And why do you think this is the case?
Is it because America was never in danger of having suicide bombers like in Israel because there really are no terrorists trying to attack America and it's all a fabrication?
Or is it because of our war on terror by going after the terrorists overseas and all of the pre-emptive surveillance measures.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

You have a greater chance getting killed by a bumble bee than getting killed by a terrorist here in America.

And why do you think this is the case?
Is it because America was never in danger of having suicide bombers like in Israel because there really are no terrorists trying to attack America and it's all a fabrication?
Or is it because of our war on terror by going after the terrorists overseas and all of the pre-emptive surveillance measures.

Sure, there is a danger of getting killed by terrorists, but it's a very small danger and there's much bigger things to worry about, like getting killed in a car accident on the way to the grocery store. That is, if you are a person that likes to worry all the time. Personally I'm not, we all die some day, when it happens it happens.

The fact is, unless you are in the unlucky 0.0005% of Americans that will ever be in a terrorist attack (not necessarily die from it) it's really illogical to worry about terrorism.

If all the money that our government spent on the 'war on terrorism' was used for campaigns encouraging Americans to wear seatbelts and to not drive drunk, a lot more American lives would be saved than we have ever saved with the war on terror. Of course, there's nothing profitable for the government about that.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sure, there is a danger of getting killed by terrorists, but it's a very small danger

You already said this.
I was asking you why do you think this is the case?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You completely missed the point of their post and went right back to where they made the argument.....

Ofcourse the danger of being the victim of a terrorist attack is extremely low here for an individual, but thats because the necessary steps have been takin to secure that safety and why the war on terrorism was brought to them instead of it being brought to us further....you get it now? The point and all?

If no one did anything the threat would surely increase exponentially on a constant basis.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

You completely missed the point of their post and went right back to where they made the argument.....

Ofcourse the danger of being the victim of a terrorist attack is extremely low here for an individual, but thats because the necessary steps have been takin to secure that safety and why the war on terrorism was brought to them instead of it being brought to us further....you get it now? The point and all?

If no one did anything the threat would surely increase exponentially on a constant basis.

So before 9/11 and the War of Terror, what were the chances of being in a terrorist attack? I highly doubt they were any higher than are now. The illusion of safety is no more real now than it was on September 10th 2001.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
Are all Iranian chicks hot? Just wondering. /looks for visa

Well a picture is worth a thousand words hehehe

One thing about Persians if you trace the ancestry back... way back you will get some REAL white skin... and I don't mean 'pink' as 'whites' usually have I mean WHITE I tried to find some pics but no luck

But don't forget War is "Make Work" Project

This is how it works..

We need to make airplanes and ships to give people jobs..
We need to make bombs to give people jobs..
All kinds of support jobs to keep the "Machine" running

We have to use the planes and the ships to justify to tax payers why we need the planes and the ships

We have to use the bombs or we would have to many in stock and lose jobs making more bombs

Bombs blow up things...
Americans pay big bucks to see movies where 'hero's blow up things
- Bad Guys, Aliens, you name it as long as its a big and impressive bang for the buck... the bigger and the more of it the better the film

We send in groups to 'secure' the oil fields - more jobs
We send in special units to 'secure' the antiquities - more jobs
Some of these things find their way to America...

We send in Hamilton et al to rebuild the things we blew up - more jobs
If we did not rebuild we would have nothing to blow up the next time

We sold Saddam our finest Fighter planes... we did not include the service pack
We then found all those planes on the runway and blew them up

We must support dictators... so we can later declare them 'enemy' and blow them up

The PEOPLE and the LAND get in the way?

'Collateral Damage'

PS They make great Belly Dancers over there

But the eyes... there is something 'Alien' about them

[edit on 3-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I said the chance would increase exponentially over the years, just like it has for the Mid East and Europe. Just because the threat is not high does not mean you take a passive stance on it. I just don't understand that logic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Before the 'war on terror' and before we took these 'necessary steps' the chance of being killed in a terrorist attack was even less.

reply to post by Rook1545

Just because the threat is not high does not mean you take a passive stance on it. I just don't understand that logic.

Should we have a war on bumble bees as well? War on people slipping in their shower? War on people falling from ladders? Because the chances of getting killed those ways are higher than getting killed in a terrorist attack.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Sure, there is a danger of getting killed by terrorists, but it's a very small danger

You already said this.
I was asking you why do you think this is the case?

Neither.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes we should have a war on humble bees.
.........Obviously your not understanding the point, whatever fine, lets make stupid analogies that don't equate. IMA get me some reality now..K, Peace!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Obviously your not understanding the point, whatever fine, lets make stupid analogies that don't equate.

Well what's the point again?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hello,

Since I am Iranian and my wife is Iranian (only been here in the US a couple years)-> and no it was not an arranged marriage...

Iranians are a warm and loving people, but also very tempramental, jealous and nosy. My wife god bless her is all of these things which make my marriage very interesting...Persians are very materialistic, always concerned with the way they look and what people think about them.

Now the truth, in all the schools from when you first start to attend you are taught to be anti-western PERIOD, they reference westerners and Americans as the great Satans of our time. The poor uneducated people whom elected the idiot over there simple people whom believe all of the propaganda the news tells them. And the news is 1000 times more controlled by the govt then here. The poor and the youth are basically being drugged to subdue them by the govt, opium abuse is a huge problem in Iran and the govt does nothing to stop it because it keeps the people subdued.

The middle class however are the ones that hate the govt and want to live like the rest of the western world. But alas they are too scarred of being imprisoned to do anything.

The wealthy...well alot of them have homes in Europe and the US and either travel back and forth or have fled Iran.

We have a saying, Iranian's are like a paper tiger, alot of noise but no action while the Afgans will knife you in a heart beat.

Iran is beautiful and nice but severely oppressed, on many occassion my wife asks me if the US has all this technology why do they not just send a missle the Iranans presidents house...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
The wealthy...well alot of them have homes in Europe and the US and either travel back and forth or have fled Iran.

Thank you for that marvelous insight and welcome to the USA...

Iran is beautiful and nice but severely oppressed, on many occassion my wife asks me if the US has all this technology why do they not just send a missle the Iranans presidents house...

I am quite sure there are some at the pentagon who share that view... and with all the saber rattling we may do just that yet before the year is out

They say 'be careful what you wish for' Paper Tigers burn very easily...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dale are you stupid? Iran doesn't want a war with the US. I don't think anyone wants a war with the US. Rather, the US is trying to provoke a war with Iran, and is making her citizens support this by saturating the media with Iran-hate and thus influencing people like you into supporting. The question should be "why Iran" instead of "where do we bomb"

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by harvib

I'm sorry you don't understand my post, and your displayed limited intelligence has only fortified others view of your ignorance. If you kindly re-read what I posted with half a brain, you should understand what I said and why I said it. I even put in clauses in there for folks that might respond in the ignorant way that I predicted...as you have done (and two others)

I think there should be an IQ test for folks that choose to broadcast their "informed" and "intelligent" opinions concerning world affairs. That would end most of our problems, I think.

LOL. Wow. A little quick to fly off the handle. I would ask that you avoid calling names and support your position in a rational manner. Maybe you can let me know where my limited intelligence as steered me wrong.

But iranians need to understand that thier spoksperson, and thier government, say a lot.

To me this sounded like you might be trying to justify a preemptive strike. If this is not what you ment, please explain calmly and patiently. We may not all have the level of intelligence you are clearly gifted with.

Unfortunately, the everyday life of people in any country seldom has anything to do with it's p[politics and idiot politicians / governments. So yeah, they might be good people, I'm sure the majority of them are, but then how in the world can such a retarded government still be in control of them if they are so "normal"?

Maybe while your at it you could explain this paragraph. Because in my opinion it sounds like you are saying the Iranians as a whole are not normal based on their Government. Couldn't the same be said of us in the U.S. if that is the case?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Where are the homosexuals? What about gay rights! If i recall the president of Iran said "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country. We don't have that like in your country. ... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this." Ha! Open society my A$$

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Iran is NOT a ticking time bomb if we don't want it to be. I understand the Bush agenda, and I no longer even consider Bush a Republican. He's just a pure psycho who somehow got into office.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Latitude 32° 0'59.96"N
Longitude 53°34'36.92"E

Since alot of you guys know a bit about Iran I figured this might be a good place to ask what exactly this is at the above coordinates? Google Earth has a decent shot

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by Zanzibar

my unit just got back from there second deployment from the middle east where they were attacked by iranian manufactured weapons on a daily basis. thats what the middle east has done to me. but like i said in an eairler post camels do bring me joy.

the sad thing is they bring a diffrent joy to the people over there where wemen are only used for reproduction. anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same thing....

How did you know that the weapons were manufactured in Iran? Did they have "made in Iran" stamped on the side ? What happened to all the US manufactured weapons sold to Saddam Hussein pre 1st invasion? Surely some of them are now in insurgents hands? How many weapons used against you were of US origin? What about the weapons the US armed the Muhjadeen (now Taliban) in Afghanistan with?

People in glass houses.........and the US has the biggest most fragile glass house on this planet with the russians coming a distant second and the UK a third.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join