It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Don't believe the propaganda from our western media. Iran isn't a mecca of Muslim terrorists with bombs strapped on their chest waiting to go, as "the news" would have you believe. The nation is actually very modern, and a beautiful place much like our own. Their people are very westernized and much like us. When you think of Iran, what photos come to mind. Photos like this?

Yes, Iran has people like that. But they are very few, and they are protestors. Just like the protestors we have in our own country, such as PETA.

Here is what Iran and the people in it are really like. This is what the news media and government will never show you:

An Iranian man fishes in the Kia Shahr Pond, Iran. Much like our own bass fisherman at home. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

An iranian man teaches his son how to ski. Dizin Ski Resort, Tehran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

A walk in a park. Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

Iranian teenagers hanging out. Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright wide0.com

Iranian men with their wives hanging out on a boat. Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright wide0.com

Iranians really know how to throw a house party! Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Sogol Saidi.

Iranians really know how to throw a house party! Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Sogol Saidi.

Woman getting drunk at a house party in Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Sogol Saidi.

In Iran, people are very free to do what they want. It's not some brutal dictatorship as the media or government would have you believe. In Iran, photographers have more rights than photographers in America. In America, photographers can not take photos of government buildings without being arrested, they cannot take photos on private land, etc. But in Iran, that is not true:

A photographer taking photos of a couple on swings. Tehran, Iran. Photo copyright wide0.com

Temperate Virginia? No, this is the Roodkhan Region in Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

Cold Alaska? No, this is the Karaj Region in Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

Rocky Mountains in Colorado? No, this is the Central Alborz Mountains in Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

Rocky Mountains in Colorado? No, this is the Central Alborz Mountains in Iran. Photo copyright 2006 Ali Majdfar.

So next time you hear support for war with Iran, next time you hear people say that Iranians are all brutal savages living in the sand or caves, remember these photos.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

Mod Edit: Grammar correction in title.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Americans ain't all gun toting red necks - but who can deny there are a few of them??

Ahhh impressions, they do tend to linger.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Brilliant thread.

People need to see this, they need to disregard what our media and governments spout and realise that countries are made up of people. The government is not the people, the government is not what we should base our interpretations of them on.

It seems that every part of a foreign country, especially one that has been labeled as 'evil' is dictated by the media or government. I guarantee if you went out into the street today and asked people about;

The geography of Iran, what it looks like 'in general'.
The social and cultural standing of Iran.
Iranians views to the West.

You'd get the same old ignorant responses. 'It's a desert, they're all evil and don't value humanity and they hate us'. It's what I hear every single day at college, in the street, on the television, on this very site even.

To be frank, it's fairly profound racism. Ignorance is no excuse.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I cannot thankyou enough for making this thread.

Starred, flagged and thumbs up to you

Some people are so willing to swallow the media trash these days, that they seem to forget about everything else that exists.

One love

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i dont really care what the do over there.

germans had boats and went sking aswell. and had swing sets. they also claimed to do things for the people.

what are the people in the second pic protesting anyways?

although i do like the liberalizm poster. i gotsta have one of those.

i say turn the whole middle east into a glass parking lot(except bahrain, cause thats where my mom lives). had we done this 6 years ago you guys would have nothing to talk about.

the only good that ever came from there was camels and oil anyways...

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

I think you are insane, racist and somewhat backwards.

Go back to your bunker and let the world be happy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

"turn the whole middle east into a glass parking lot..."

OK, no probs...

Straight after tho, we're going to turn SC into one, a month after dozens of dirty bombs are detonated in its residential areas...

You down with that ? Seems only fair to me...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

What are the people in this pic protesting?

Here in America, most of us think the PETA protestors are silly. Just as in Iran, most of them think that the racial Muslim protestors are silly.

Our news media focuses on those radical Muslims over there and leaves out everything else. What would it be like if the Iranian media did the same to their citizens, focusing on our PETA protestors and leaving everything else out? Would the Iranian people think we are all a bunch of animal-loving vegetarians?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

would never happen last time the us government messed with us we started our own war.

but on the other had there are a few people and palces i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to do just that.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What has 'the Middle East' ever done to you? The people living there are no different to us. It's your kind of ignorance, hate and racism that just fuels these pathetic stereotypes and generalisations and it's absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

cant argue with that i guess. but the people in this pic are protesting something we allow here. not the beating of animals but circuses.

i was just wondering cause it seems pointless to protest something those people dont allow and kill people over. thats something we dont do..

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure someone could make it happen with enough willpower...I mean, hijacking planes and crashing them into buildings was the simplest idea in history...

So many ways to get caught, yet the Yanks let em slip thru *LMAO*

American intelligence, one of the best oxymorons ever...

The point is, wishing nuclear destruction on anyone is not right, and frankly a warped way to think...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

i dont really care what the do over there.

Of course you don't.

Go ahead, explore the world and meet the real people with their every day problems. Join the International Red Cross for the year.

It will change you forever...

Excellent post, star and flag for the OP

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

my unit just got back from there second deployment from the middle east where they were attacked by iranian manufactured weapons on a daily basis. thats what the middle east has done to me. but like i said in an eairler post camels do bring me joy.

the sad thing is they bring a diffrent joy to the people over there where wemen are only used for reproduction. anyone who has ever been there will tell you the same thing....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Dale is obviously a troll and people should not feed him.

As for the thread, well
Iran's a cool country and from what I've seen of it, especially from a bbc documentary done a few years back, they are slowly pulling themselves out of radical islamic rule.

I don't buy most of what is said of Iran, they are just another target on the permanent war economy profiteers sights, potential victims of the elitist neo colonialism that is being unleashed on the world today.

Leave them alone and I doubt they will attack anyone. It's time people stop categorizing nations by their leaders, especially those that don't have a working democracy up (not that the west has, but thats another thread
)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this is great,star and flag as i think more people need to see this......it is enlightening to say the least.thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock

What are the people in this pic protesting?

Here in America, most of us think the PETA protestors are silly. Just as in Iran, most of them think that the racial Muslim protestors are silly.

Our news media focuses on those radical Muslims over there and leaves out everything else. What would it be like if the Iranian media did the same to their citizens, focusing on our PETA protestors and leaving everything else out? Would the Iranian people think we are all a bunch of animal-loving vegetarians?

OK I was really digging this thread until all the bashing began, and not to ruin a good time, but these American 'protesters' hardly look like the Islamic gun toting' ones in the above post...

I love the idea that you propose people open their eyes and stop haphazardly rallying round the war mongers in control of the propaganda machine, but to start in on People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, just puts you in the same light as those you attempt to put in their place with this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The girls in the above picture, what are they going to scald you with their Starbucks coffee and make you a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies?

They look timid and well girlish.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

my unit just got back from there second deployment from the middle east where they were attacked by iranian manufactured weapons on a daily basis. thats what the middle east has done to me.

Oh my bad, that's totally a reason to murder millions of innocent people. So sorry for doubting you.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

its simply amazing how every time someone posts aginst the op they are automatically a troll

if me thinking that giving iran the place in this war they want, makes me a troll then so be it im offically a troll..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join