It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Spiritual Got Me Locked Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was placed in a psychiactric ward when I was 16 because I was "schizoaffective". Turned out I just had OCD. The reason they put me in the ward was because I would sometimes see auras and feel like someone was touching my hand. Both things, that did not harm me or anyone else. Sometimes I wondered if it was a ghost and I may have shared that with them as well. I was basically a kid screwing around. This was back when I was into spirituality. During my time there they gave me medication that has been known to cause cancer. Without telling me what it was for since they had not given me a diagnosis at that time. They said "Just take it!"...I was a recovering drug addict and after being checked in I made the commitment to never put anything in my body without knowing what it was and to make sure it would not harm me like my past drug use. They said I needed to take it or else they would give me a bad report and not let me out. Eventually I took it and they said I had to keep taking it or else it would warrant them putting me back there. So I had to visit a psychiatrist about once a week and give them a check up. As I said it causes cancer.....

I am 21 and now have a tumor....

Are those not deemed fit for society locked up and weeded off?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They used to do the same to people who believe the earth was round, had psychic thoughts. Women were burned at the stake for having intuition.

Decades ago, if you were depresses, or whatever, they would give you a lobotomy.
here is a description of the procedure and thank your lucky stars you live in these times.

Freeman wanted to simplify the procedure so that it could be carried out by psychiatrists in mental asylums, which housed roughly 600,000 American inpatients at the time.

Freeman decided to access the frontal lobes through the eye sockets, instead of through drilled holes in the scalp. In 1945, he took an icepick from his own kitchen and began to test the new surgical technique on cadavers. The technique was called "transorbital lobotomy," and it involved lifting the upper eyelid and placing the point of a thin surgical instrument (often called a leucotome or orbitoclast) under the eyelid and against the top of the eyesocket. A hammer or mallet was then used to drive the leucotome through the thin layer of bone and into the brain. The leucotome was then moved from side to side, to sever the nerve fibers connecting the frontal lobes to the thalamus. In selected patients, the butt of the leucotome was pulled upward, sending the tip farther back into the brain and producing a "deep frontal cut," a more radical form of lobotomy.
en.wikipedia.org...

The world has alot more waking up to do.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
OK, you saw things that no one else could see and felt things that no one else could feel. They slapped a crazy label across your forehead and tried to cure you with pills.

Seems like a common medical attitude.

It could be worse. I have a friend who committed a crime when he was 13 years old and they gave him 18 years in an adult prison. They didn't even give him any pills to get through it.

Life sucks sometimes.

My prayers are with you. This too shall pass...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

What symptoms did you have to bring about a diagnosis of being 'schizoaffective'? Did you exhibit some behavior related to your spirituality which made people uncomfortable eough to think you were psychotic?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

No, I just told them I saw lights sometimes and that I could feel someone touching my hands now and than. The psychiatrist who diagnosed me, was an angry, bitter person. She brought her own angst into her work as a psychiatrist. Also she ran the psych. ward she sent me to. So she was profiting from people being in there.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just wanted to commend you on sharing such a personal story. I am sure it took bravery to do so.

I feel that psychiatric drugs walk a fine line. I have definately seen them do good in people, but does everyone need them? Who am I to say?

I feel for you on your tumor. It would be easy to point the blame at the drug they gave you, but then again, you never know..

Take care of yourself, and be safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
this irritated me,what a bunch of crap, but don't blame it on being spiritual, blame it on the morons that put you in this situation my friend. my prayers are with you as well. take care.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I feel for you. My best advice is to really let it go, somethings in life are so difficult, personal and deep. This is one of those situations that beg for you to learn by leaps and bounds and then let it go.

Freedom will come when you become one with your compassion and forgive everyone involved.

Then let it go.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah well I saw the doctor today to have the tumor observed. Turns out it was nothing really. A small polyp that probably would have never even become cancerous. Snipped it right out. I'm 21 so it would be extremely young to have cancer anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hope you haven't abandoned your spirituality because it was misunderstood by others. Just because others can't observe or perceive the things that you can doesn't mean they're not there, or aren't real. What is real anyway? I have had similar experiences ever since I can remember. For me, it was when I began to "tune in" to my perceptions, rather than ignore them on the basis that I was imagining things, that my life began to come into focus.

Most people get what are described as "gut feelings". Some of us get these "gut feelings" that we can see, or hear, taste, smell or touch. Embrace these perceptions, find out what they're telling you. Concentrate on them and bring them into focus.

namaste my brother,

~Unit

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

"Being Spiritual Got Me Locked Up"

You are in good company, spiritual men and women will always be persecuted, because they see the truth beyond religion and country, they become prisoners to their conscience, enslaving themselves voluntary to the idea of a living and real creator, of an objective spiritual reality that exists and appears sometimes to be more important than life itself.

Men and women of faith beyond all else, religion, country, tribe, family, clan, to seek the truth above all things is their curse.

These people who are first an foremost spiritual, down through the ages have been treated exceedingly cruel, they have undergone trials of ridiculing and scourging, bonds and imprisonment.

They've been stoned, cut up with knives, endured sadistic temptations, they've been put to death with the sword, by hanging by firing squad all means of exactions, they've had to live and move among others in sheepskins and in goatskins in nakedness and want, roaming in lonely places, on the mountains, in caves and holes in the ground, being poor and in pain and ruthlessly attacked from since people first began to move and live on the earth.

These are men and women of which God says the world is not worthy; Heb 11:38.

If you feel you have been cursed to search within and without all things until you see the truth, so clearly and real before your face, that you must try and touch it, even if it means risking death, then you are a spiritual person?

You will never know satisfaction until you have found the rest only God can impart to the soul with His gift.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by newday]

top topics

join