It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you coping these days? Share your story.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My wife & I are doing great. She makes $130,000 a year and I stay at home working on my business (doesn't make any money now but I think it'll make us millions of dollars eventually.)

Some woman hit my wife in a car accident last year (my wife received only very very minor injuries) and we just got the $22,000 insurance settlement check (it was the other driver's fault.)

It seems money just falls from the sky for us. We have $0 debt and a large amount of money in the bank. I guess we're just really smart.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You are smart for marrying your wife

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My husband and I will be out of a job in September. We live in an apartment, only own one car, have no cable television, rarely ever go anywhere. We just rescued a loving little cat and have to pay a vet bill for her care when I was trying to save as much money as possible. I have been depressed and stressed out. Deep sigh.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Oh, my heart breaks for you.
I am amazed sometimes how people manage to find a thread that really works for what they want to say.
We haven't heard from anyone for a month.
We have been busy with elections, and other issues.
Gas prices have come back down and we don't hear that much about the mortgage crisis.
We forget that there are still so many of us that live at the brink.
I wish we could offer something more tangible than a thread, and I want to thank you for sharing your situation.
Hope kitty gets better.
Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm not coping well.

I have paranoid schizophrenia and I've been out of work for 3 years with no income what so ever.

My illness is under control for the most part and I've been on medication for 10 years. But I have poor comunication skills and its hard for me to get along with others.

I've had good jobs in the past but always get fired for something I've done. It's realy difficult to get along with other people when you alway think someones out to get you. And when poeple realy do have it in for you it makes my illness alot worse.

At one point I had my own appartment and bran new truck and a few toys.

Well I got fired again and after a year of searching for another job I just gave up. I lost everything my appartment and truck. Now I'm $6000 in debt.

My grandmother took me in and I applied for disability. I was denied and had to get a lawyer. In the mean time I've sold everything I own. I own nothing other the a few pairs of clothes. I can't even afford shoes the ones I have a rotting off my feet.

My medication cost $350 a month and my grandmother who is retiered and on a fixed income paid cash for a year until I got medicaide. Medicaide don't pay for my doctors visit. My grandmother has been paying $60 every other month for 3 years.

I've been waiting for over 2 years to get a disability hearing. If I get denied again I'm gonna be living under a bridge. If and when I can no longer get my medication I'll probobly do something to get myself thrown in jail so I'll have a roof over my head.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join