It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace Through Nukes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have a hypothesis:
If every nation had a nuclear weapon capable of being deployed, then there will not be war.

As seen in history, nations who have nuclear weapons have always avoided direct conflict between each other. Countries with nukes have not been invaded in the last 50 years. Take Cuba as an example, the U.S. was scared of them right? If China did not develop a nuke under Mao then China would probably have ended up the same way as Japan, UK, and South Korea. The U.S. invaded Iraq for its oil because the government KNEW that Saddam didn't have any WMDs, we were told that there were nukes so that we'll get all "pumped" up about fighting the Middle Easterners. Right now there is hesitation about fight Iran maybe for the same reason as Iraq; Pentagon knows that Iran doesn't have nukes, they just want to keep our nationalism high.

Now if every nation had a nuclear weapon, then everyone would be scared to ever go to war. As I am pretty sure that Bush is afraid of dying and so is Congress. Maybe if African countries had nukes, they can scare off the Neocolonialists and end the guerrilla warfare supported by foreign corporations. If Iraq had nukes, the U.S. would never have invaded it, that's for sure.

"What if the leader is untrustworthy and mafias can steal the nukes?" By then. I really don't think that any nation would want to fight each other. Mutually Assured Destruction is unwelcome and would probably never happen on this planet. As for the mafias; I'm pretty sure that a government capable of handling nuclear weapons is able to protect itself from internal conflict such as that.

So, shall we let the nukular production began for the sake of humanity and the future?

[edit on 7/1/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just want to point out...Cuba had no nukes. America stopped that, they agreed not to invade Cuba in return for the USSR giving up trying to get nukes into Cuba.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I once read somewhere that Fighting for Peace, is like Screwing for Virginity. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, its just my little hypothesis that I've concluded based on patterns. We havn't tried this theory yet, but we may try it someday and it might work. Nukes are never going to be used on the human population again in my opinion simply because we hate the results. I don't think that this is fighting, i think of this as a type of shield impenetrable from both sides.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
no offense but thats a very Americanised view point, its just like the whole gun ownership argument but with nukes.

but in a way you would be right if everyone had nukes there wouldnt be any war because there would more than likley be no world left.

fix Social problems
fix Poverty

no need for nukes or guns

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah sure give every nation nukes then we have a few hundred reasons to worry who's gonna push the button.Thats the craziest thing i ever heard "peace through all countries having nukes".You would be having a nuclear exchange at least once a year.There is some people out there thats not afraid to do it.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
can see this going very bad somehow

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Actually, if everyone had nukes wouldn't that START a big war.

Everyone would be scared and so nuke any country they didn't like to make sure they wern't nuked back....

new topics

top topics

join