It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All,

I had an idea of starting a new religion. I call that religion "The Church of GOD 3000". The premise of my new religion is that in the future man becomes so advanced that 2 things happen:

First we develop the ability of time travel, and second we evolve to a higher state or being that has enhanced brain function, strength, and over all power.

Because of these 2 things, it then becomes possible for man to actually seed himself, as well as assist in the development of man or whatever prevalent mutation in a given dimension to a higher level.

The premise of my religion is to actually establish and run a corporation that oversees, funds, and develops technology that assists in achieving those to aims. Because of this, I believe that a corporate environment serves a better purpose then a typical religion.

I would like to get peoples opinions, and try to answer questions as best to my knowledge inregards to this.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ok, cool.

Just asking so that I know:

-is this more about technology than spiritual development?

-what kind of hierarchy are you thinking about? A council? One person? Are they/he/she voted in or just chosen or promoted? Are people inside this religion equal, or is there different levels and rankings? How do people achieve higher rankings?

-what are the ideas regarding afterlife and pre-incarnation?

-Are there any deities in this religion?

That is all the questions I have for now.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Ok, cool.

Just asking so that I know:

-is this more about technology than spiritual development?

-what kind of hierarchy are you thinking about? A council? One person? Are they/he/she voted in or just chosen or promoted? Are people inside this religion equal, or is there different levels and rankings? How do people achieve higher rankings?

-what are the ideas regarding afterlife and pre-incarnation?

-Are there any deities in this religion?

That is all the questions I have for now.

This is about both, spirituality, and technology. How can we as people evolve to the point that we in essence create God, if we haven't done either.

Hierarchy would be controlled initially by myself, as new members came on board, it only makes sense to go to a corporate environment, aka a board of directors, a CEO, CFO, a COO, and so on. While I personally would like to be a CEO for life
, realistically if I was truely to believe in this religion and have others believe as well, I would expect that we as a group would do within our power to advance the Goal. As far as equality, absolutely, I think any corporation would benefit from having the CEO make as much as the lowest paid individual with in it. Perhaps a little more, but the goal is to line the coffers to fulfill projects, not line the pockets of executive management. Doing so would put them before God. Are they that important?

You asked what the religions thoughts would be in regards to pre/reincarnation, as well as an afterlife. I think its more important to say do you believe in God, do you believe in what we are doing, do you believe in achieving this? Do you think its possible, would you donate time, and money in achieving the? If you answered yes to all those, then its irrelavant to those questions. The only thing I ask is that members say, "These are our core believes, this being said, I personally believe XXXX." As long as you are recruiting, and recruits have the basic knowledge of our beliefs then I thinks its ok to move on to whatever for discussion.

You ask is there deities, I think a better question to you would be, "Do you think there are deities?" If you answer yes, great, if you answer no, same, this is not about a religion that excludes other religions, only a basis to add to existing belief systems to bring about the above stated goals.

I would like to strive for an all inclusive religion. My wife says whenever I mention this that she likes to stay away lest I get struck by lighting, I think as long as I don't, then I'm doing God's will.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by camain
All,

I had an idea of starting a new religion. I call that religion "The Church of GOD 3000". The premise of my new religion is that in the future man becomes so advanced that 2 things happen:

First we develop the ability of time travel, and second we evolve to a higher state or being that has enhanced brain function, strength, and over all power.

Because of these 2 things, it then becomes possible for man to actually seed himself, as well as assist in the development of man or whatever prevalent mutation in a given dimension to a higher level.

The premise of my religion is to actually establish and run a corporation that oversees, funds, and develops technology that assists in achieving those to aims. Because of this, I believe that a corporate environment serves a better purpose then a typical religion.

I would like to get peoples opinions, and try to answer questions as best to my knowledge inregards to this.

Cheers,

Camain

* Emphasis mine
You should ask the scientologists for help, that is more in their field,

(I am sorry but i couldn't stop myself... i am quite tired right now)

[edit on 7/2/2008 by gkgoten100]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
no problem, I have thought about scientology, but they are to exclusionary, as are most other religions, thats why I thought it best to start a religion that could work with all open minded people of all faiths. Someone once said, "The Devil is in the Details." I think there quite right, if we as a group can keep this religion broad and open, then it has a very good chance of taking off. Just my opionion.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Is there not a spiritual conflict in turning a matter of faith into a business?

What takes precedence? Faith? Or business?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Is there not a spiritual conflict in turning a matter of faith into a business?

What takes precedence? Faith? Or business?

ah good point, but the premise of the religion is to create a business, so the faith is the business, the expansion of, the development too, and eventual creation of the fulfillment of the core beliefs. As such people need not be obtuse in there devotion to this or any other religion, provided they work to realise the goals. I personally would very much like to evolve the open source community, as well as others. Remember this is about fulfilling divine providence, which is to create a massive corporation that will further science, further man, and eventually further God. This is not a short term project. this is a project to be set in motion that will fullfil goals 1000 years in the future.

Cheers,

Camain

top topics

join