It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Witch' killed with infant daughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

'Witch' killed with infant daughter

www.news.com.au

THREE women have confessed to strangling and cutting into pieces a woman and her three-month-old daughter because they feared they were witches, Mexican police said today.

Pachuca police spokesman Norberto Munoz said the remains of the woman and her infant were found "with signs of having been strangled, quartered and burned".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So here's my question: How could any ET species take us seriously, when there are people living on Earth who are as delusional as these three women? Even worse, it's not just these women, it would be their whole towns and possibly their religious cults which drive them to do this crap.

I have to shake my head at the world sometimes...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's sad that a lot of societies look to superstitions to guide them.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The funny thing is, when I saw the headline I wondered "which US state did that happen in?"

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Texas.

Oh wait, that was the woman whom God told to drive her carload of kids into the lake.

Witch, Christian, Muslim, whatever. Just more shocking news of the mentally deranged.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People are friggin nuts period.

Most people only need the slightest excuse, encouragement or motivation to commit the most unspeakable of crimes.

I find it funny that the Church of Satan is the only religious organization not affiliated with religious psychosis.

Mt final conclusion is either that God has a horrible blood lust or all these people are worshiping the wrong entity.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
So here's my question: How could any ET species take us seriously, when there are people living on Earth who are as delusional as these three women?

While I do agree in principle and this is terrible and tragic and humanity needs to rise about this stuff....

How do we really know aliens are that much better? There's this assumption that with advanced technology comes advanced... morality?... humanity?... compassion and consideration? Things might work that way, but they might not. There could be people, groups & cultures within alien races that are just as close-minded, bigotted and hateful as groups of humans are.

And that's the truly scary thing. That it's not only the earth that is so tragically messed up, but in fact the entire universe.

new topics

top topics

join