It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions with Penn and Teller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...
Thoughts?

To be honest, they really do make very valid points.

I don't believe a majority of the reports people claim when they say they were abducted by aliens. I truly believe it's just in their head.

Now to remind you, I am a full believer there is life beyond our planet. But honestly, 99% of the abduction reports are from total ...well, you complete this sentence.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My pet theory is that the vast majority of alien experiences are not abductions but contacts and that the experience is categorized as an abduction by third parties who are interested in severing the links to aliens, so as to keep high levels of social control. By spreading fear of aliens through a population they aim to keep the normal person too scared of the aliens to pursue contact, while knowing that the majority of aliens are advanced and peacefull. And let's face it, fear the alien is the dominant meme, thanks to hollywood and bad sci fi writers.

Power in human societies is a very thin grasp, maintained through an economy of artificial scarcity and fear based mass psychology. If someone has a positive alien contact that widens their viewpoint that is a threat against those that see themselves as owners of the state.

However I do admit the possibility of unpleasant contact experiences or even contact related fatalities, because it's such a vast phenomenon. But just because there is a small chance of dieing in a crash I'll still take the airplane.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My first thought is:

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, now that I have my composure, I can't believe that those kinds of people aren't laughed off the street.

I too believe that extra terrestrial life exsists, however, it is exactly these kinds of people who make it hard for real evidence from people with substance, like John Lear, etc. to have an impact.

How can you not blatantly label every one of those people at that convention as a fake? Mars ruled by black people? The one freaky guy looking for strange behavior? Yeah.

I'll keep looking up, and listening to real information by credible reports.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Heya,

Just about half way through the clip and I want to point out some things.
Firstly, I think these two guys are funny as hell (figure of speech obviously) and have a lot of great points in their BS series. However, they go beyond a healthy dose of skepticism when dealing with alien or 911 theories.

If a skeptic were to converse with me regarding my belief system about whatever and then slipped in some sarcastic jokes at my expense, and took a simple comment I made out of context to twist it to suit their point of view, I would know that their true intent is to discredit me regardless of the truth.

They are not skeptics. Their purpose is ratings for their show. The doctor who talks about the hypnosis therapy being a way of inserting thoughts into the patient's mind contradicted himself. At one point he says "when the patient is asked if the light is above them" the patient inserts the idea that the light is above them.

However, he then states when the therapist asks " are they communicating with their voice?" the patient replies no. This would suggest that the doctor was wrong with his first assumption that these words are implanted. Yet, he continues to have different reason for why the patients replies no.

This doctor is also a biased skeptic and not a true skeptic.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
www.dailymotion.com...
Thoughts?

To be honest, they really do make very valid points.

I don't believe a majority of the reports people claim when they say they were abducted by aliens. I truly believe it's just in their head.

Now to remind you, I am a full believer there is life beyond our planet. But honestly, 99% of the abduction reports are from total ...well, you complete this sentence.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by GorehoundLarry]

Penn and Teller's Bulls**t is the worst show ever. They are trying to knock eye witness reports and that is the worst thing that any investigator could possibly do. Eye witness reports work as testimony or else they would not be able to use them in the court of law.

Penn and Teller are just annoying skeptics who don't want anyone to believe anything, they have their own agenda and that is made obvious by the fact that they could consider abductees to be "wackos".

And what are you trying to say about people who claim they have been abducted? People know fully that if you come out with a story claiming to be abducted that everyone is going to believe that you are crazy. Psychology has proven that a human naturally does not want to be ostracized from the "herd" in any way. So there is no reason for someone to come out with a story like that for any kind of personal gain, especially "fame".

Anyone who could just brush away abduction reports as pure nonsense is crazier than those who claim to have been abducted. Period.

"99% of the abduction reports are from total ...well, you complete this sentence." Don't mind if I do, 99% of the reports come from people who have had experiences that they want explained, but when they come out with their stories they are branded as "crazy" by people like you.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've seen this video posted here before. While I can see that there's been an embarassing amount of wanna-be's and a cult type following with UFO's and aliens, these two guys need a good lesson in probing and implantations for their arrogant behavior. Maybe they are disinfo agents?

The last ime I saw it, it was somewhat amusing with the alien doll, but in the end more sad for those who just want to be part of something bigger than some questionable silver painted probe.

I guess I'm more like those wanna-be Star Trek Tech. fans myself, even though I've had my own brand of repressed and bizarre alien abduction memories.

Yeah, they make movies about abductions and probably where these science fiction movies got their ideas from as well.

The more I hear about hoaxes and disinformation, the less likely I believe anyone at this point.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
althought their shows can be very entertaining, that's what they are entertainers. Their statments are said in such a way as to manipulate weaker minds and this is what they get paid to do...

Their statements can be proven false very easy with logic. They state they went to a UFO convention to find out "the truth" about alien phenomenon.

Using your logic with basic understanding of the type of people that show up to a convention, what a convention really is (Sales and marketing) try to give me a percentage of how much "truth" you'd personlly expect to find there.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I have to agree. People do want things they do not understand explain. Most of the time when someone wakes up, can't move, and see some figures in their room or whatever, they're going to freak.

or they have a very bad bad bad nightmare about aliens taking them up to space and..anally probing them. I think some sexual frustration is running through the lives of a lot of people in this country.

But, I am sure there are True cases of abduction, just, the ones we mostly hear about are from people who love sporting their UFO sweatshirts and yeah...I don't know, just not believable.

Also, like someone else mentioned: people like These make the UFO community look HORRIBLE. "Yes, I was abducted and one of the aliens married me."

Seriously? You even see your son roam around too? The son that was created with an alien? Oh these people are Also on medication.

Enough of my rant, the point is: Aliens do exist. They have visited our planet. Just A LOT of people take advantage of that and turn out to be total wackjobs.

And then there's Roswell: It'd be taken seriously I think by skeptics if the natives in that area didn't sell coffee mugs with alien stickers on them to tourists.

Honestly.

If aliens ever did come down and declare extermination of humans: I think we deserve it for making them look bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Now that its been sixty one years since the Roswell NM UFO crash newspaper report, its been more than enough time for most people to make up their mind on the subject's veracity without Penn and Teller summing up their own opinion within the time slot of a premium cable channel comedy show.

My only other thought on this Penn and Teller program is whether or not they feel the same way about kidnapping reports when a victim is dropped off without any physical evidence of the kidnappers left behind. Sure its more believable, but with both you're taking the victim's word for it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The people in that video prey on the stupid. Fortunately for them there are a LOT of stupid people in the world. Sad....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I noticed that they only spent a tiny amount of time on the UFO phenomenon because they couldn't find enough whackoes on the subject. The one guy they did talk to that said the government was covering it up had the still shots of the military footage of the UFO from Nellis Airforce base that stands as strong proof. I wonder why they didn't talk about that? Obviously being skeptical doesn't allow for actually looking at evidence, just dismissing people as whackoes.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yep alot of those people in the vid look like they are trying to sell u something.... then u have the sheep going there taking it all in.

There are some bizzare people out there!

top topics

join