It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The O'Reilly Factor" for 90 consecutive months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The O'reilly Factor has been number one news cable show for over 90 months. Do you guys realize how amazing this is, never in the history of tv has anyone stayed number one for so long in any category. Why is this not getting the attention it deserves. This man although loved and hated by many stimulates us and makes us think about the issues. This show crosses some many political lines its crazy. I for one want to commend O'reilly for what he has achieved and for his contributions to charity or his willingness to give back. He can truly see what the American people have given him.. Thank you Bill
tvbythenumbers.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You're right about one thing - it is crazy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If anything that is a testament to just how brain dead and clueless this country really is.

Nothing to be proud of.

Just my own opinion, obviously.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

If anything that is a testament to just how brain dead and clueless this country really is.

Nothing to be proud of.

Just my own opinion, obviously.

I have to agree with you. This news frightens me more than anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
watching the o'reiley factor or any fox news program is like watching a train wreck happen, you cant believe what your seeing but you cant look away ...

one episode i remember was when people were just starting to protest at soldiers funerals, and $bill$ brought on this one women who anyone could see was mentally ill and he thought he was the king as he ripped her apart on his show.
I didnt know what sickened me more, people protesting funerals or o'riley taking advantage of what was very obviously a very sick women.

hes a gutless spiv that pushes what ever line the government needs him to.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When I first read this thread I though it was going to be followed by......Will replace the death penalty in over 38 states.

Sorry, I can't stand the man, I am not one of those contributing to his success. I thought he was awful on inside edition and I think he stinks now.

2 pennies

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well I guess all the Jerry Springer and Nascar fans have something to watch at night!

His ratings drop dramatically on wrestling and mma nights.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, after all it is in fact the #1 comedy show of all time.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can not stand Fox News, neither can the other (I'd say about twelve) other people I know who watch the news. But I still watch Billo at least four times a week, if not for a few minutes. A lot of other major news sources talk about him and Coulter so much people feel the need to tune in themselves and see the specticle. He's a showman, not a political analyst. He is the pimp of hate and Ann is the whore. Eventually the people watching for are hard core believers of everything they say will leave this planet. Times are changing, even the non-hardcore right wigh is becoming more liberal. There will come a time when they realize their way of news is out dated and their main audience has died off.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
watching the o'reiley factor or any fox news program is like watching a train wreck happen, you cant believe what your seeing but you cant look away ...

one episode i remember was when people were just starting to protest at soldiers funerals, and $bill$ brought on this one women who anyone could see was mentally ill and he thought he was the king as he ripped her apart on his show.
I didnt know what sickened me more, people protesting funerals or o'riley taking advantage of what was very obviously a very sick women.

Try watching Keith Olberman and then watching Bill O'reilly and tell me who is more crazy...

hint: they are both out of their effing minds

Sadly I think Comedy Central may have the best news coverage in the U.S. between The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Try watching Keith Olberman and then watching Bill O'reilly and tell me who is more crazy...

Sadly I think Comedy Central may have the best news coverage in the U.S. between The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

I agree, both are completely biased and unrelenting. All sides of the news are revolting, I simply prefer MSNBC over Fox because it doesn't employ people who use the word "faggot" on air or blatantly worship the ground the Bush administration walks on.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Holy Crap!

You mean the O'Reilly factor is a serious news show?!?

Wow!

And here I've been telling all the Stephen Colbert fans I know that "The No Spin Zone" is a far more over the top parody of the news than the Colbert Report.

Man, I gotta let this sink in.

Ohmigawd , does that mean that John McCain is really the Republican candidate for president.

I think I need a drink.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by metamagic]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

what ever happened to the colbert & stewart ticket for president?

id move to the US just so i could vote for them

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, newsbreak: Colbert's show is in part a parody of the right-wing drivel. In fact, Olbermann has more in common with Stewart and Colbert that you seem to realize.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I remember when I started paying for cable TV a few years ago and started watching O'Reilly when I would remember to tune in. This was around the time that the current Iraqi occupation began, so a lot of people were pretty revved up about politics and hot issues. O'Reilly took great advantage of that situation. But as time went by and I witnessed just how biased and unprofessional he is, I finally wound up no longer watching him. It's pretty interesting how watching one man on TV, and listening to HIS opinions which he insists are correct and all others are wrong, can influence one's mentality and attitude.

Whatever it is that O'Reilly does on his show, it should not be considered news or journalism. Man, this guy is a prime tool for pushing the government's "Soup de Jour" out to the masses. His openly angry outbursts are not any different than the crazy behavior seen on shows like Jerry Springer.

What really pisses me off about O'Reilly is how people are invited to be guests on his show, but if they do not agree with him he winds up insulting them profusely while constantly cutting them off and/or telling them to shut up.

I have to agree with whomever stated that the 90 month streak says a lot about just how brainwashed the masses are. How people can stomach this guy's joke of a show simply boggles me.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
O'Rielly leans waaaay too far to the left for my taste.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Bill Oriley is a angry white racist nut

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
O'Reilly is a criminal (convicted in court) and an ego maniac. Any time he is confronted he blows his lid. Especially when his argument is getting crushed. He cuts the people off and steers the show in the direction that he wants. The reason he is probably number 1 is because he is a 'conservative' and this country is split so much between party's that it is almost required to watch him if you are a Republican.

I will be honest, he, along with Bush and crew, are among the few reasons I have moved away from the conservative party. Talk about propoganda. This guy is the king of propoganda. He will say whatever he is told to say and argue whatever he is TOLD to argue by the people that line his wallet. He has no morales and I can't understand how people who actually watch him believe that he does. It took me a while but I eventually started to see through the BS that he spews out.

Bill O'Reilly: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

The left or do you mean the right? I don't see much liberlism in this man at all. He is a mouthpiece for the current administration.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by Fathom

The left or do you mean the right? I don't see much liberlism in this man at all. He is a mouthpiece for the current administration.

No...he leans to the left onalot of issues that is why i can't stand him, and he is a womanizer...they are easy to spot...kinda slimy feel to him..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join