It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Prisons Prepare for Integrated Housing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just to throw a small monkey wrench in the 'it's OK' argument. Does anyone here have any doubts that there are inmates who are innocent of the crime for which they were convicted? Are there any who think that the 22-year old busted for selling a pound of pot is likely to be 'coddled' by his inmates, because, after all, he wasn't hurting anyone. I know and feel some level of agreement for those that say they get what's coming to them. I just feel haunted by the fact that those places take criminals and create violent criminals in their place. I know there's no perfect solution, it's just a thought (or two).

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Sometimes its wrong place wrong time. Sometimes its because a cop neeeds to get a bust in order to satisfy whomever...you know you pay the cops 1000 a month to stay open and they need to bust someone because of some political pressure.

Or...somebody's kid whos rich got in trouble and the poor kid who hangs with him will get nailed. And so it goes.

Lots of guys in jail are innocent...nobody listens to them.

yea you get hard and pissed off and the next thing you know yoiu find your best friends are gangbangers and its all over.

You have become what they wnated you to become...whitetrash with a big hog.

You scratched the surface of the truth MAX!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Let's get back on track: This is about racial integration.
They're not putting black Crips in cells with black Bloods, they're putting criminals of different races in the same cells.

Personally, I think that this is pure madness - tribalism, especially based on race, is far in excess of the societal norm in prisons - this isn't 60's era "integration", where black students could go to schools with white students etc - we're talking about possibly throwing an Aryan Brotherhood person into the same cell as a Blood.

I don't feel any sympathy for the criminals in question, but I'm sensing that this will end in a lot of blood.

Ah well, it's just more the Diversicrats know best nonsense - I presume they're in the same class as the idiots that believed that North African immigrants would "assimilate" beautifully in France, or that Robert Mugabe would turn Rhodesia into a magical, non-racist multicultural wonderland.

Hey - it's not like the diversicrats in charge of the "integration" will have to experience the end result of their integrationist machinations:
They're in the same class as the elites pushing for "integration of the public school system", while they sent their children to (predominantly white) private schools, or public schools in the suburbs.

Yay diversity!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

yea that is what it is...and it will not be pretty...

The idea seems so crazy it must be a way of bringing down the inmate pop.

i cannot see a Aryan brother mixing it in the same cell as anybody but another brother.....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well i don't see how it should be a problem. They are are all people...they are victims of circumstance. I think it is a great opportuntiy for better understanding. Anyone who sees a potential problem is obviously a racist, most probably a eurocentric racist (is there any other kind?).

That having been said...who is taking odds? I am willing to put my money down on M-13...if the odds are at least 25 to 1. Maybe Cali got wise? Not likely but is there any hope they installed video cameras?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Though I've never been to prison I'd have to guess that this is ONE BAD IDEA! People are usually very resistant to change and I'd imagine inmates would be less inclined to change the status quo. It should be fun to watch and see what happens. Colorado's prisons went smoke free a few years back and I'm sure THAT had the inmates climbing the walls! This is a whole different animal though and it probably will lead to bloodshed!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
They know its stupid, the court ordered them to do it though.
The judge is retarded.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Memysabu]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join