It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

men/women public bathrooms = segregation???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
segregation is NOT just for blacks/whites. there IS segregation still in this world in the form of men/women public bathrooms. why do they keep us apart??? whats going to happin??? rape??? come on whose gonna rape some1 in a dirty bathroom??? rape STILL happines even with segregated bathroom so this CANNOT be a reason. humans are NO less than animals. we only have rules that "limit" us of our true capabilities.

this may seem like a wierd topic BUT animals dont care...

why should we???

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
segregation is NOT just for blacks/whites. there IS segregation still in this world in the form of men/women public bathrooms. why do they keep us apart??? whats going to happin??? rape??? come on whose gonna rape some1 in a dirty bathroom??? rape STILL happines even with segregated bathroom so this CANNOT be a reason. humans are NO less than animals. we only have rules that "limit" us of our true capabilities.

why should we???

Are you just trying to rack up points? This is like your third topic of the day and the third time must be the charm, this has to be the dumbest idea I have heard. Whats this got to do with the NWO?!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
no, it is not segregation. it's a matter of privacy. simple as that.

EDIT: why do you think stalls have doors and there are partitions between urinals? is that segregation too?

[Edited on 3/7/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i cant take a piss if theres women that close to me. i say keep em sperate

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, while we're at it, lets just have unisex locker rooms as well.

I say keep em seperate. Its a privacy issue. I dont want some guy watching me dress in the locker room and i dont wanna see some guy goin in the urinal.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i cant take a piss if theres women that close to me. i say keep em sperate

i can't even do it if a guy is that close to me. my fiance can't go to the bathroom is anyone is even in it.

the worst is the joe louis arena where the red wings play... the urinals are like thoughs. just guys shoulder to shoulder going pee. it's sickening. almost as bad as people who don't wash their hands!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

why should we???

Im sorry.... but are you #en retarded? I have to ask because in the short time you've been here you have consistently created some of the dumbest threads I've ever seen. I mean we all create a dumb thread every once in a while... but you are like the Heavyweight champion of dumb threads.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
well i dont care who watches me pee unless your gay then that bothers me. Im goin to try to turn this thread around alil and kinda save it. WOuld yall be opposed to a gay and straight bathroom? i mean it comes down to the same argument privacy. I mean ladies isnt it the same thing when a lesbian wathces u udress (discretly) or if a man was to?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Not really...most gals don't even mind a gay guy watching them dress, as weird as that is...

I'd have to say I could care less, as long as there are stalls...Men/Women/Unisex...whatever. I've been in unisex bathrooms, no biggie...they were even featured on a prime time show (Ally McBeal)....as a regular setting.

However, of course it's an issue of privacy...not of segregation... It's VOLUNTARY segregation.... If you really desire to share a bathroom with the opposite sex, there are plenty of clubs with such bathrooms...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
well i dont care who watches me pee unless your gay then that bothers me. Im goin to try to turn this thread around alil and kinda save it. WOuld yall be opposed to a gay and straight bathroom? i mean it comes down to the same argument privacy. I mean ladies isnt it the same thing when a lesbian wathces u udress (discretly) or if a man was to?

yes, i'm very opposed to seperation of homesexuals from heterosexuals. gay people are people too. it's not the same argument at all. and anyway, how do you know if someone is gay or not? do you have a problem with people who are gay?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oddly enough, if you go to a gym, there's probably several gay guys checking out your ass, lol!!! It actually used to bother me a bit, then I got over it... To be honest, we had a female roomate once. Accidentally saw me naked one day, and after that I figured, big deal, she's seen it all before, and I was much less modest after that... Never been too shy that way though, hehe....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

They See all...this is officially the worst thread I have ever read in my life. Not only was it just plain stupid, but you also made yourself look even more like a moron by trying to appear intellectual, saying that having men and women's bathrooms is segregation. We all just wasted precious time and energy by reading this garbage...you should be banned for sheer stupidity..

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The love in here is stifling!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
the worst is the joe louis arena where the red wings play... the urinals are like thoughs. just guys shoulder to shoulder going pee. it's sickening. almost as bad as people who don't wash their hands!

I know just what you're talking about. My experience was in San Jose, but it was the Red Wings as a matter of fact against the Sharks. (The Wings won BTW, I'm still amazed my friend and I didn't end up in a brawl the way he was cheering about the Sharks loss.) Anyway, going to take a piss was the most uncomfortable experience possible. You lined up shoulder to shoulder with other strangers and another anxious guy directly behind you waiting for your spot. The entire room and out the door was packed tight as possible and the scent of urine filled the air like a fog. They were individual urnals though. Even worse is that bathtub that everyone just kinda squeezes in and uses like one big circle jerk target area.

The reason for the separation makes perfect sense and has nothing to do with segregation. It comes down to the facts:
1.) Guys don't need to touch anything other than themselves, making the cleanliness of the area less important.
2.) Women take forever and a day going to the bathroom, making lines that are not needed.
3.)Mens rooms can get away with a couple stalls while women need All Stalls.
4.) Women's rooms have other supplies in them that Mens rooms don't need.
5.) The ongoing debate of who is responsible for the toilet seat would probably result in world wide civil unrest.

top topics

join