It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are movies WARNING us of things to come???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
energy_wave, it is Ross not Russ. The episode you are talking about is called "The one in Barbados" The room number just happened to be 2012.

whoa! how do you know this?!?!?!?!?

please, dont tell me you actually spend time watching this show?

actually, please dont say that you watch tv at all...its such a mindless tool used by mindless consumers...you arent one are you?!?!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
They are showing the movie, The Sum of All Fears, on my movie channels. They only recently started showing it again, escpecially at a time when the U.S Government is talking about terrorist attacks in the USA. It is probably a 'warning' for those who are aware of what's going to happen. Scary stuff, anyway.

The Sum Of All Fears

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"The Day After Tomorrow" is not preparing us for any kind of future. I've seen more well presented science in movies on MST3000 than this fluff!

Now, movies like "Outbreak" and "Deep Impact" are about more realistic worst-case scenarios where things go bad for humanity. But even here the possibilities are slim -- and I mean really slim!

If there's one thing Hollywood won't ever get right, it's reality.
Not even theoretical reality! Just ask any scientist, engineer, historian, military officer, sociologist, or psychologist how realisitic movies & TV shows that have those elements in them are...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All Movies are based on a screenplay, novel, or some other set of ideas. That means someone like you and i who are thinking about interesting ideas and talking about them could in essence write a screenplay. Is this forum a means to warn about the future or just an outlet for sharing and creating ideas? Same thing as a movie, You think of an idea, brainstorm it and write it. Whether people take it to be a vision of the future or not is their own perogative, perhaps not the real intention of the writer. Even this discussion we are having about some deeper meaning in movies could in fact be a mivie script, with the right amount of actiona dn dramatic flare revolving aorund a character , anything can be made into a movie, if it is deemed profitable. The fact that humans love ideas and stories about destruction, or some kind of traumatic, cataclysmic event makes movies about sci-fi type movies profitable and it means hollywood isn't shy about producing and marketing them. I don't think it means that movie execs have some deeper profound knowledge about the future of our species, they aren't that smart, don't give them that much credit.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'ts hard to predict the future. How are producers, or writers of movies different than others? I doubt it. The movie is just of what might happen, and to make money.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedilotis
that is what i think too man. i do think movies try to warn and prepare us for the future. like the matrix for example. i think it is or was preparing us. because it can be ture or it may not. for all we know we may think this is a reallality. but in all honestly we are in a matrix..just like that mind control article on the ATS hompage. it even says by 2004 or so we could be in a holo, or altered realality and not even know it..other words know as a matrix

If we are in a Matrix, the movie never would have gotten released. It would have quickly been halted in the making and never finished. They couldnt risk having us question our reality.

Or is that what they want us to think

---Pineapple

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So Spidey may actually come out and kick some REAL butt? Oh yeah!
I guess "in my dreams"

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think many movies are in some way disclosure and disinformation. Some of which are than being suggested as seen and assumed as a movie psychosis or whatever.

I just saw Gamer today and think many would see a conspiracy aspect to it in some form. Some may see as ( further) advertising for this type of mind control technology.

www.youtube.com...

Other similar movies such as Brainstorm were recorded memories. Bladerunner has so far been one of my favorites ahead of it's time. A sequel would be interesting.

Another movie trailer was of controlling androids. It's my belief that this technology is being used already and this is like damage control.

Surrogates

www.comingsoon.net...

To another species, such as reptilians, we may already be hacked or " Chosen"

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The media influences what happens in real life, rather than prophetically predicts the future.

Edit:- I'll leave this post, but I see there is a policy advising against "minimal posts", so I'll bear that in mind in future!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by TheDailyPlanet]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join