It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are movies WARNING us of things to come???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i just saw a preview for the movie The Day After Tomorrow and i just read something about a leaked pentagon report about the elements destroying the human race and i put those two things together and i THINK that movies ARE trying to warn/prepare of things to come. deep impact is another example of my theory. there are countless movies that have cool plots and these plots are now becoming visible in todays real world.

just another 1 of my theories...

any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
people in hollywood dont know jack # about the future. if they did the earth woulds been hit by meators or alieans by now. cant have another ice age cause were still comming outta one

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i've always thought that as well, especially with alien movies. not alien, per se, but movies with aliens in them.

movies prepare us for an arrival

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I read something about this many months ago. I recently saw something I thought was worth mentioning...

In a recent episode of Friends, Joey, who was interested in Rachael, but out of respect for his friend Russ, held off making any advancment towards her, saw Russ smooching with "his" girlfriend behind a bush in the hotel lobby. He saw this as a sign that it was OK to seek Rachael's affections.

The scene involved Joey stopping just outside Rachael's hotel door while he thought about knocking and the door number promanently displayed was 2012 reversed. Very strange that that they would use such a significant number and don't forget this is a top rated show with a huge following.

Subliminal?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
people in hollywood dont know jack # about the future. if they did the earth woulds been hit by meators or alieans by now. cant have another ice age cause were still comming outta one

they could be warnings for milenia to come, not decades

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You might also want to read "COSMIC VOYAGE" by Courtny Brown PHD. It describes how Hollywood is influenced to put this stuff into the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Day After Tomorrow is loosely based on "The Coming Global Superstorm" written by Art Bell & Whitley Streiber, and it contains much of the same stuff written about in the leaked Pentagon report. It also contains a fictional account of what could happen if what they wrote about came to pass.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

they could be warnings for milenia to come, not decades

HA! hardly. people in hollywood only care about one thing: the almighty dollar

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
SHeesh

Hollywood make these movies because they can sell them. The concepts are trite, hackneyed and well worn.

The people who make movies in hollywood are interested in only one thing. Making money, period.

Even Mell Gibson with his blood soaked snuff film about Jesus is only in it for the money.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
I read something about this many months ago. I recently saw something I thought was worth mentioning...

In a recent episode of Friends, Joey, who was interested in Rachael, but out of respect for his friend Russ, held off making any advancment towards her, saw Russ smooching with "his" girlfriend behind a bush in the hotel lobby. He saw this as a sign that it was OK to seek Rachael's affections.

The scene involved Joey stopping just outside Rachael's hotel door while he thought about knocking and the door number promanently displayed was 2012 reversed. Very strange that that they would use such a significant number and don't forget this is a top rated show with a huge following.

Subliminal?

That was totally not a subliminal message.
The story you described had nothing to do with the year 2012 at all, other than the number on her door was 2102. And that's reaching pretty far out there. It was obviously just a coincidence, and wasn't worth having a second thought about.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
its general announcments. It would be too inconvienient to pass it down from person to person, so they use TV and Movies. anything you gleam from a media is meant for public consumption

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Movies are made if they have an audience already. Conspiracies, space, aliens, global upheaval...

All those topics can be sure to bring in a return on investment in a movie.

And the more movies there are, the more people get to thinkin', and the cycle perpetuates itself.

And that's the truth, maybe.
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave

Subliminal?

no.

the whole thepry of 2012 is supposed to be a deep, mysterious idea right?

ok, now juxtapose that with the synopsis of the show you just wrote above that.

do you think the people who wrote that piece of crap, yes, that giant flaming piece of crap on a stick at a queen concert, could even fathom an understanding of 2012?

trust me, anyone who says the Friends is their "greatest work" obviously has an IQ thats only 4 points higher than butter.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Movies are made if they have an audience already.[...]
And the more movies there are, the more people get to thinkin', and the cycle perpetuates itself.[...]
And that's the truth, maybe.
DeltaChaos

~*~*~*~

the movie is just another 'storyteller' archtype

their 'messages' are to make you think about posssibilities you wouldn't invest a lotta time
thinking about, if the story wasn't entertaining

humans are drawn to 'storytellers' be it books or film.
that is human nature, there will always be need for
'storytelling'. the story-tellers fill a niche in society,

is that a macabe, treacherous, sinister plot to control individuals & nations & peoples & tongues???

Is it a conspiracy to herd the masses? Or indoctrinate
the young and gullible?...... Or Is storytelling rather an instruction...preparing you for future potentialities??

well, fore warned is fore armed they say!! and being alert to real or fanciful life situations is a good Ace-up-the-sleeve !! if you are to survive and prosper...

no, i don't use netflix...at least not now

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
energy_wave, it is Ross not Russ. The episode you are talking about is called "The one in Barbados" The room number just happened to be 2012.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Day After Tomorrow looks like a great movie. But i wouldn't group this movie with the "Outbreaks" and "Deep Impacts". Fear sells, there is no doubt about that. Man is often obsessed with his own demise and thats in part why these movies are so popular.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
that is what i think too man. i do think movies try to warn and prepare us for the future. like the matrix for example. i think it is or was preparing us. because it can be ture or it may not. for all we know we may think this is a reallality. but in all honestly we are in a matrix..just like that mind control article on the ATS hompage. it even says by 2004 or so we could be in a holo, or altered realality and not even know it..other words know as a matrix

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
THINK that movies ARE trying to warn/prepare of things to come. deep impact is another example of my theory. there are countless movies that have cool plots and these plots are now becoming visible in todays real world.

just another 1 of my theories...

any thoughts?

Yeah, I do think that the ideas behind the movies out there are taken from conventional belief about world events, perhaps to draw the masses to realize the world events, or just to subliminally alter the person to think about them more. I was also thinking that maybe the movie companies have people who know what the governments are worried about, and that movies' roles are somewhat to expose these problems slowly, alongside with their entertainment value.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i once heard that george lucas (director of star wars) works 4 the CIA and his mission is 2 make people believe that "aliens" can NEVER exist. he does this by making those kool movies. in those movies it makes the existance of "aliens" impossible...

who knows...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
dude you are paranoid

The movie industry looks at the worst that could happen
(like a huge rock destroying man kind).
Its all about money.

Who wants to go to a movie that is all about the great strides and marvels that mankind takes? such things are best left for the Discovery channel.

On the other hand, we can go watch a suspensful and action packed massacre of mankind as an evil swarm of aliens wash over the planet in a lust for slaves or blood, or maybe when one of the worlds governments takes a bold leap and goes for a run to take over the planet.

I dont think that any governments would like Hollywood or some other company spilling the beans to the world about plans for planet domination

CATFISH

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Catfish]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join