It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbal Medicine for Sit X

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

You have some truly bad luck with allergies there!

Do you know if chewing oregano leaves would provide any releif? It's almost impossible to produce essential oils out of a factory, let alone in a Sit. X.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gweedy

Gosh, that's terrible! I'm sure other countries won't be far behind. Anyways, I still urge you to become familiar with what can be used for medicine around you, even if it is illegal to use it... you never know when it may come in handy.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Oh I intend to. But i wish more Canadians knew about this.
If this Sit X is to happen, we need all the natural meds we can get.
Also aside from those, look into EFT it seems to work for most things too.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gweedy

Good luck with stoping that, though I wouldn't hold my breath. I won't be surprised when the same kind of legislation gets passed here.

Can you clarify what you mean by EFT?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Eft
its kind of a mix between acupuncture and quantum physics
ive tried it on a number of things, and they all seem to work pretty good.
Im starting to expiriment with it on a few other things.
But one thing i did try it on was my friends moms MS...and shes been doing really good since then.

Mod Note: Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

You have some truly bad luck with allergies there!

Do you know if chewing oregano leaves would provide any releif? It's almost impossible to produce essential oils out of a factory, let alone in a Sit. X.

I have very bad allergies. Overactive immune system. When I got the flu shot, I became paralyzed . (back in 2003 when they had all the hype)

It can not be regular oregano, but wild oregano. Good idea, I should look into getting some seeds.

I just mean maybe have some on hand now, while it can be gotten as one of those essentials. IN sit x, there will not be a dentist to goto and this will kill the pain and the infection.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Someone asked about vitamin C. The very best is Rose Hips. All roses produce them. They look like tiny crab apples and are in the same family. Just don't trim the roses after blooming and they produce a fruit. They can be dried and stored or eaten as is.

Wild roses are common all over North America and I suspect the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hi, I'm Patriot Rising, first time here and I am really impressed with "Above Top Secret". I'm looking forward to joining.

Wendy Wilson is a licensed herbalist and has helped me with several health issues. She really knows what she is talking about and I feel GREAT!

wendy does a show on: www.theamericanvoice.com and has a web site at: www.thepowerherbs.com

I strongly recommend you check her out and take advantage of her knowledge.

BTW, I am a retired (35 years) Special Operations Soldier who, praise God, was awakened to the "truth".

Now, I help people prepare through personal training.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I think the "wild" strains of everything are more likely to be stronger, in general, since they haven't been crossbred for gardening purposes.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Someone asked about vitamin C. The very best is Rose Hips. All roses produce them. They look like tiny crab apples and are in the same family. Just don't trim the roses after blooming and they produce a fruit. They can be dried and stored or eaten as is.

Wild roses are common all over North America and I suspect the world.

That's true! They provide a nice immune system boost, too.

Also citrus fruits have vitamin C, which may only be local around Florida or California, though.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gweedy

Ah, okay.

Reminds me of cases in tribal or shamanic medicine where the disese was diagnosed as an outlet of fear or jelousy or something... maybe there is more truth there than we give credit to.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've only had a quick read of this thread so I'm sorry if any of the below has already been posted:

1, Magia D'La Luna details the medicinal and magical properties of herbs and plants. This site posts pictures and descriptions against plant names;

2, Hortus Medicus lists medicinal properties of plants and trees;

3, Winchester Garden Supply, USA based, sells herb and veg seeds etc.. in bulk at very low prices;

4, Moles Seeds, UK based, sells herb and veg seeds etc.. in bulk at low prices.

For anyone who wants to know, any herb with the
Latin noun "officinalis" in its Latin name has a medicinal usage; Dandelion leaves are a good source of iron, root can be roasted and ground to make a substitute coffee plus it has medicinal purpose; and Milk Thistle is good for detoxification and repair of the liver. Both Dandelion and Milk Thistle grow quickly and Milk Thistle is very virulent.

Personally, I'm researching (via the net) the benefits and uses of garden weeds because they tend to grow quickly, in most soil types and propagate easily.

Edit, Radish grow quickly and contain a lot of nutrients as do watercress. Both provide vitamin C, Radish have many health benefits.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

There is also Richter's which ships to US and Canada. During part of the year, they sell live plants, and they have an excellent selection.

Weeds are a good indicator that soil is fertile.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Richters' definitely have a large selection. I've bookmarked them for later use, thank-you. As for weeds, I have thousands of Milk Thistles (if not tens-of-thousands, growing wild) which is why I've been looking at using them.

Edit: here's another website listing the uses of various plants in the US and UK - Plants for a Future. To view their database, see the top left of the page.

[edit on 2/7/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

THey are good for the liver.

I would definitely snag some, if I were you.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm going to when the seeds have formed. Although, I've been unsure which part of the plant (Milk Thistle) to use but I've read the seeds can be eaten raw, sprouted for a few days and added to salads, or roasted then ground into coffee; and the young leaves can be used in salads (but I think they might be a bit prickly so I'd probably steam them).

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.konakavafarm.com...

I have found something that soothes your nerves, and unlike the bogus stories going around, you'd have to consume a ton of it before it damaged your liver.

KAVA (I dont know if anyone mentioned it before)

I have a great source from Hawaii. I had some when i got it and i was in la-la land for hours. I'm not a drinker of alcohol, so this is right up my alley.
All you need is hot water!

I like that primitive feeling.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Far as I know, the whole thing is useful.

I don't know if the young shoots are even prickly.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Whew, that sound coffee on steroids without the shakes! If so, I'm in!

Is that a naturally growing plant, do you know? And other than giving a good feeling, does it also give a burst of energy? Does it have any medicinal effects beyond that?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You could used Kava (Piper methysticum) as a natural anxiolytic to combat anxiety, and as a local anesthetic. It contains Kavalactones.

A plant called Corydalis Yanhusuo, which contains Tetrahydropalmatine (THP), can be used for sleep disorders, headaches, etc. It is a sedative.

Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) can be used for the same things that Corydalis Yanhusuo is. Kratom contains, but is not limited to the following alkaloids: Mitragynine; 7-Hydroxymytragynine.

Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum), which contains a natural selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) called Mesembrine, can be used to help people with depression.

There are many other plants that can be used medicinally. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by o22a6ar]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join