It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so wait let me get this straight islam is just christianity part duex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by minniescar

So I completely disagree. Being someone that has lived in the Middle East for 15 months of my life I can say that thinking Islam is the same as Christianity is absolutely ridiculous. One of the main differences is that there is no "Jihad" in the bible that I'm aware of, however I do admit that I'm not a bible expert. But from what I do know about Islam is they teach that one of the pillars of Islam is jihad and there is no greater death than to be a martyr for Allah. Islam preaches a bunch of hate filled rhetoric, and then hides behind the fact that "oh well its my religion so whatever".

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I respect all religions for the fact that somewhere someone believes in that. But to downright say that Islam is the wrong thing to follow and that all Christians are God's children and are the truly anointed ones is both unbelievable and disrespectful. I once was a Christian but decided to convert to Islam while I was a high school student. My life didn't change drastically, i didn't go out and think about performing jihad, i didn't hate on other religions, and i didn't stop associating with my friends (who are for the most part are Christian).

The main difference i see in both holy books (Quran & the bible) is that the Quran teaches you how to live your life while giving you some key examples. But the bible is mainly a bunch of stories that are made for you to be afraid of God in order to serve him better. When's the last time you actually read the ten commandments and what happens when you break those commandments?? talk about a religion of hate.

One more thing ... Muhammed .. Historical figure ... Jesus/Isa ... No-written-history of this man ever existing other than the bible and Quran stating that he was here...

In my opinion every-one should watch the movie/documentary Zeitgeist as it not only talks about the origins of this Christian religion but of the evils of America as well.

(and just to let you know, im not bashing on anybody, because i loosely follow my own religion .. i follow it for the belief system, not the stories... stop taking everything so serious)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Damn .. come to think of it, maybe i should have listened to those guys who rode by my house on their bikes ... lol gotta love those mormons

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Christianity as we know it was founded hundreds of years after the 'facts'.

The Bible as we know it was not written by God, but by men.. and what's more, men decided which parts of the folklore they would believe, and which parts they would persecute and hide away for all time, lest their interpretation got challenged.

Islam got started after the crusades, after people in the Middle-East got a taste of the 'love' a unified fate can spread when fanatically adhered to.
Is it any wonder it preaches to fight united ?

I for one do not believe either, but I do wish people who do pretend to believe would take their rules more to heart, especially the ones concerning the not killing eachother, not stealing from each other, and basically try to live as decent human beings, not fanatical killing machines cause 'God told them it was a good idea'

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
1. they dont take jesus out he is in the book he is listed as a prophet and his story is told they just dont name him as the son of god but neither do jews. I dont see people thinking the jews are evil.

You must be really new here, then.

Also: the whole various pogroms culminating in the Holocaust thing? You don't enact genocide on people you like. Christians have been killing Jews for their beliefs for hundreds of years. Only recently has it stopped. And been replaced with a somewhat more valid genocidal intent from various Islamic peoples, mostly for more or less booting the Palestinians out of Palestine, then subsequently embarrassing several invading armies in armed conflict.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I can't help but post to this.

In regards to Islam, American people confuse radical behavior with conventional behavior. This is because the media (remember the CFR) misrepresents Muslims and Islam. Why? Because it serves their holy war. As Depeche Mode said: "people are people, so why should it be that you and I get along so awfully?" Well, it's intended that way. But that's a separate discussion.

As for Islam and its relation to Christianity . . .

One of the ideas that the Muslims use is an ancient one: that which can be distinguished from God is not God. Jesus was the son. Son's are born of something. Sons do not exist before being born. Jesus, being an entity that did not exist before being created, could not be God since God always did and always will exist. To say that Jesus is the son of God and also God is nonsense. When Jesus prays to God he does not say, "God, why have I forsaked me?" Even Paul did not represent Jesus as God, but merely the son of God. Paul, never having met Jesus, presented another demigod to the Greek pantheon so that they would follow what he thought was a better religion for them - note that the Greeks worshiped Olympic wrestlers as demigods. At no point in Jesus' life did any one of his followers refer to him as God. At no point after his death did his followers refer to him as God.

To know Islam's inception gives insight to the religion. Mohammad was raised a Christian. He was a Unitarian (google Arius for details). Mohammad would have had the idea of Jesus as a historical figure in his head when thinking about the bible. Mohammad would not have been interested in a false god. He would be interested in the real one. So his spiritual quest was one for God. Why not have a trippy-ass vision quest and write it down?

I think the essenes, gnostics and sufi are more interesting, but that's me.

I hope I have contributed positively to the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_one_below
reply to post by minniescar

But from what I do know about Islam is they teach that one of the pillars of Islam is jihad and there is no greater death than to be a martyr for Allah. Islam preaches a bunch of hate filled rhetoric, and then hides behind the fact that "oh well its my religion so whatever".

The link is to the five pillars of Islam. None of which talks about martyrdom. Martyrdom, like the trinity, is not discussed in any original text. It was manufactured at a later date to serve a political purpose. Read up on the Catholic church, protestant church and the evangelicals. Note that Bush (allegedly a Christian) has sent people to kill innocents in another country. Mohammad would not allow this. Jesus would not allow this.

Read about the five pillars of Islam before you speak about them.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not religious. If I were I would tend toward Zen Buddhism. If I had to pick between the big three I would probably pick Islam. My grandparents are Baptists. I'm no Bible expert either, but I do know my theology and trinitarianism is absurd once you take a logic class. Read up on it before you condemn it. To condemn something in ignorance is not honorable.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by bobbygnosis]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
[edit on 25-9-2008 by bobbygnosis]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
salam to all

all right check it....we muslims are peace loving people but sometimes in our past we gotten a lil stray due to lack of knowledge of our religion. All these suicides u see on news n stuff is just paid people dressed up as muslims n blowing themselves up. Its all just a show for the people to hate Islam. Jesus (peace be upon him) we dont just say jesus we show show him respect and bless him with peace becuz hes a prophet of Allah not son or any other nonsense. Mohammad (PBUH) did not preach one thing and did another. where the hell did u read that crap from..and show us some proof thx. Christianity and Islam are in fact very similar in most beliefs. We do believe in anti-Christ and the second coming of Jesus (PBUH). I urge all of you people who posted on this post against Islam to go do some AUTHENTIC research on Islam and dont attack it without knowing jack about it. Islam do not preach hate and Allah is not cruel, hes all merciful and forgiving. And hell noo Allah is not pegan moon god or anything nonsense. my god where are u getting this stuff from. PLZZ do your research. Mohammad (PBUH) was a loving prophet who freed slaves and saved females from cruelty. He never abused any women in his life and comdemed it. Islam introduced laws that protected women from abuse of any kind. THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!. Before Islam people in middle eastern region used to bury their daughters alive because they believe they were use less and would not carry on their legacy. ISLAM PROTECTED WOMEN FROM THAT BACKWARD THINKING!!. Quran is in fact very practical and was intended by Allah for people of all areas and throughout time. Quran is a miracle from Allah and contains scientific facts that science is just beginning to conform. GO READ THE QURAN. ITS ALLL THEREEE.

thank you may peace n blessing be upon all of you

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by R. master
salam to all

all right check it....we muslims are peace loving people but sometimes in our past we gotten a lil stray due to lack of knowledge of our religion.

Would you say Muhammad and his companions knew Islam the best?

All these suicides u see on news n stuff is just paid people dressed up as muslims n blowing themselves up.

The ony assurance of Jannat is for the Shahid, What evidence do you have that these people are not Muslims? Did you know Muhammad himself said he had been made victorious through terror? So did Allah.

Mohammad (PBUH) did not preach one thing and did another.

Surah 4 ayah 3 stipulates the maximum number of wives is 4. How many wives did Muhammad have? (I have many more examples)

where the hell did u read that crap from..and show us some proof thx.

The Quran, ahadith, tafsir & sira. Where are you getting your information?

Christianity and Islam are in fact very similar in most beliefs.

except Islam denies the death/resurrection of Jesus...which one would think is the crucial belief of Christianity.

We do believe in anti-Christ and the second coming of Jesus (PBUH).

Yes as a mirror prophecy of Christianity's 'end days' scenario.

Allah is not cruel, hes all merciful and forgiving.

Allah is the best deceiver (3.54). Look it up in arabic if you don't believe me! I'll give you a head start - what does arabic "makir" mean?

And hell noo Allah is not pegan moon god or anything nonsense.

Muhammad elevated Ar Rahman God of the Moon to "top spot" and "The Supreme God" (Allah is a contraction of Al ilah - The God) and got rid of the 364 other idols in the kabah. Ah Rahman was symbolised by a black rock, which is lodged in the kabah to this day - Muslims on Hajj pilgrimage as you know, line up to kiss this rock (as Muhammad did) to this day.

You can see his 3 moon God daughters talked about in Quran 53:19 (Manat, Lat & 'Uzza)

my god where are u getting this stuff from. PLZZ do your research.

The ahadith and the sira.

Mohammad (PBUH) was a loving prophet who freed slaves and saved females from cruelty.

Muhammad sent Abu Bakr to trade Bilal's freedom by trading ANOTHER SLAVE in his place. Muhammad also owned many slaves and never forbade it. What is so good about freeing some (ageing) slaves if you can go get 10 times as many more?

He never abused any women in his life and comdemed it. Islam introduced laws that protected women from abuse of any kind. THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!.

Uh huh.
1. Muhammad (uswa hasana) set a bad example of child abuse by marrying a six year old child when he was 51 (numerous ahadith)
2. Muhammad said men can marry 4 women provided they can afford that many, or they could satisfy themselves with their sex slaves - female of course! (4.3)
3. Muhammad said women were deficient in intelligence & so did Allah (2:282, Bukhari 1:6:301, 2:24:541, 3:48:826)
4. Muhammad said the majority of the people in hell were women because of the above
5.Women don't get equal inheritance (surah 4)
6. If a man FEARS dischord in his marriage he can beat his wife (4:34)

Just some examples. Would you like more?

Quran is a miracle from Allah and contains scientific facts that science is just beginning to conform. GO READ THE QURAN. ITS ALLL THEREEE.

I have read the Quran many times. Where are these miracles?

thank you may peace n blessing be upon all of you

And to you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join